UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 161 reviews matching the search See all 14,359 reviews
Average
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, CebuDecember 17, 2018
The people managing us,

agents,

were so engrossed with their position

that they rarely consider agents.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityDecember 13, 2018
The people are fun to work with. However, the shift in management affected the morale of the workers resulting to high attrition which in turn resulted to high volume of calls per agent.
Great working environment
Associate Clinical Administrator - UMR Intake (Former Employee) –  TaguigDecember 5, 2018
Great working environment, the management always see to it that they motivate everyone. The company provides free shuttle going to and from the office.
Work and Life balance
Medical Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Taguig, ManilaNovember 26, 2018
I've worked at Optum Full-time for almost 3 years. The company is focus on work life balance, growth and employee side. But it really depends on field of work or on the management you are in
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Comparison to other teams
Advanced training equipments
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort BonifacioNovember 18, 2018
Fun company to with, good compensations and facilities, good place to grow. With good company reputation and balanced environment. Friendly employees and approachable supports.
Salary / Benefits
Truly, my life's best work!
CLINICAL APPEALS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Taguig City, PhilippinesNovember 6, 2018
With UHG, the 5 core values of integrity, performance, innovation, compassion and relationships are seen in action in the workplace.

The mentors and the dynamic working environment motivates you to strive not only for competence, but for excellence.
Pros
Ability to telecommute
Salary / Benefits
Good
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Quezon CityOctober 24, 2018
It has good envvironment. Good people. Really promotes Job Work/Life Balance. Growing? Definitely not that fast, if you're a performer in the company they will not let go of you coz your a performer but it will not make you grow tho.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Competitive Salary and Growing as an Individual
Productive and fun
Claims Quality Audit Representative (Current Employee) –  Alabang, PhilippinesOctober 9, 2018
Productive and fun. Working with great people and management. I was able to be achieve being top former in my job. They are very supportive. I enjoy working everyday because of the people around me. I always do my best in my work which made me reach my goal every month.
Official response from UnitedHealth Group
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review of our organization! Glad you're enjoying your role and receiving support. Sincerely, Amber Smith, Talent Community Manager, UnitedHealth Group

Productive and fun environment
Process Executive (Former Employee) –  MckinelyOctober 2, 2018
i experience leading a project, learning more about a technical skill or even finding a solution to a difficult problem are great anecdotes. You could even do a practice interview with a friend or family member,you can developed through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, class, everything counts."
fun Workplace
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Cebu, PhilippinesSeptember 25, 2018
A wonderful work environment for a career in technology. It has the innovation of a small company but the capital of a large company. A large organization with many offices and business units gives you the space to move laterally and vertically. A great opportunity for anyone. Excellent corporate culture and values.
Pros
have incentive
Cons
low salary rate
Salary / Benefits
Great place to work with
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Taguig CitySeptember 16, 2018
Work life balance. Flexi schedule in our department. Rewards and recognition to performers. Training is accessible. Benefits are competitive to the market.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Night shift for most employees
A good company to grow
Change Manager (Current Employee) –  Taguig CitySeptember 14, 2018
I started here 6 years ago and i must say that this is a good company thats why i stayed
So far there are so many project, opening and chance to be promoted
Salary / Benefits
Good training ground for fresher
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mckinley Hill TaguAugust 22, 2018
a good training ground for fresh grad. Excellent trainings and certifications which the company proovides with their employee. Salary is reasonable for the experience.
Salary / Benefits
Allows individuals to grow with a balanced approach
In-patient Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Taguig CityAugust 13, 2018
Working for the United Health Group is one of the things that I am most proud of. I got into the U.S.R.N. program where only the best of the best were considered for the job. That said, I am proud to have been chosen to work for such a great company.
Well off company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityAugust 8, 2018
Gave me a bigger edge on finding new jobs. The work is very is easy and that's my most enjoyable part. The environment is nice, as well as my officemates.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
night shift
Very good work environment
Provider Services (Current Employee) –  Cebu CityAugust 4, 2018
I have spent only three months in Optum as I made this review. BPOs are tiresome, and Optum is no exception, but it makes up with it's employee friendly environment, events, and benefits that shows that they do care for their workers. The only calls you'll be taking here are health related, it sounds easy but health providers you might talk to may ask something you're not familiar with, and misquoting information can lead to serious consequences. Responsibilities are grave like always, but at least you have the support from the staff to ensure you know what you're doing. They are also not harsh whenever you did something wrong, as they want to see you grow and develop. I'm not a fan of working in a BPO, but this is a really good company where you can have good memories with.
Pros
High pay, off-work events, and great benefits (especially medical)
Cons
No day shift and you can't choose what position you want to apply for
Very Productive and Employee-Centered Company
Clinical Coverage Reviewer, Sr (Former Employee) –  Quezon City, PhilippinesJuly 27, 2018
I loved working with UnitedHealthGroup. They just simply are the best when it comes to work-life balance. Kudos to everyone in UnitedHealth Group. I would love to go back and work as a Clinical Coverage Review Nurse if given the opportunity again.
Salary / Benefits
Fun and challenging work place
Nurse Case Manager- Heart Failure Program/SWAT (Current Employee) –  Cebu CityJuly 17, 2018
In the beginning, I had no idea about the purpose of being a telephonic Nurse case manager but I found out that it is both fun and challenging and sometimes even rewarding. We get to create a relationship with both colleagues and patients and help them deal and eventually manage the condition they have or at the very list listen and try to assist them in achieving the goals and reinforcing the ones in place.
Usrn
Inpatient Care Manager (ICM) USRN (Former Employee) –  TaguigJuly 16, 2018
Good salary and benefits.

cons: night shift, overtime. Friendly environment and colleagues. Free coffee and other beverages. A nice ambiance to work with.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
long hours, night shifting
Salary / Benefits
The values and culture of the company is being observed and not just for the sake of having one.
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Taguig, PhilippinesJuly 3, 2018
The company hires people who observe same values and culture. Thus the working environment is beyond one could ever asked for in a company. They work towards one common goal which benefits every one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K