UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 236 reviews matching the search See all 15,970 reviews
Work life Balance
Supervisor Team Lead Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 15, 2019
Work life Balance. Lots of opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Team work culture. Monthly skills evaluation for Quality purposes. Career path, Goal driven workplace
Pay
Assc Tech Sup Anlyst II (Former Employee) –  Lahug, Cebu CitySeptember 8, 2019
Salary is really good. Highly recommended. Company is a good place to work too. Facilities are awesome. Colleagues are also friendly. Has allowances too.
Good Compensation and Benefits; Work Culture
Project Manager / Value Stream Engineer (Current Employee) –  Taguig CitySeptember 5, 2019
I am writing this review as a Technology resource. OGS in the Philippines particularly in the IT delivery team is some kind the nice place to work. work schedule often times is flexible. Not so good people managers but tolerable. There are a lot of change in organisation, team re alignment and changes in management.
Pros
Retirement Package;
Cons
Lot of changes everytime
Salary / Benefits
Typical workplace in a call centre industry.
Customer Service Representative, Full Time (Former Employee) –  UnitedHealth Group Quezon City, PhilippinesAugust 29, 2019
It was always a night shift job catering to UnitedHealth insurance members from all over United States. Basically they would want you to know it all which I think will not happen since we are not robots to memorize everything from A-Z.
Salary / Benefits
Good work environment, good benefits and compensation
MEDICAL BILLING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 21, 2019
* I am responsible to to do all my duties correctly, make sure that I all check my emails and update all my reports. I make sure I review all if the payments are all correct from the insurances.

*Industry Knowledge, client services,strategic thinking and Public speaking.

* Management skills- good Planning, communication, decision making and delegation.

* A happy working environment

* Meeting the target goals before end of the month.

* happiest part of the Job, regardless how busy we are on the shift.. we still manage to smile.
Pros
employee engagement activity
Cons
to many meetings during the shift
Salary / Benefits
It was an new and awsome experience working at Optum.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  IT Park lahugAugust 11, 2019
I like working at Optum though it is a night shift and its difficult for me since it's my first time working in nightshift, it gave me some experience that I cannot forget and learned new things too...
Pros
Related with my degree course
Cons
nightshift schedule
Fun workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, CebuAugust 6, 2019
Good people
Learned a lot about Mental health (account)
good management
very friendly boss & employees
hardest part is the callers about their ruddiness sometimes
the most enjoyable part of the job are the rewards, incentives and salary :)
Pros
Fixed Rest days ( saturday & sunday)
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot about medicines and how to handle distress patients through call
Call Center Agent - Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  AlabangAugust 1, 2019
It's pretty complicated at the first few weeks. But it's not that hard to catch up and learn the require skills that we need. I can say that you'll gain a lot of experience to this company that you can use in the future
Job Security
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJuly 30, 2019
We have the best benefits compared to other companies in the same industry. The culture is very enjoyable. The company allowed us to improve our competencies by attending trainings even at the comforts of your own home
Company is quiet ok
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, CebuJuly 30, 2019
I know that the company is good, but the account that i was in isn't. We had been promised several salary increase for every upskill. I was upskilled 4 times, and got no increase like what they promised. Also, some of our colleagues had seen a loophole in our system, and they can transfer calls and it won't reflect on their names. The agents use this advantage in order to transfer long calls to others,so that their call handling time will decrease. Unfortunately on the receiving agent, that'll be a burden.

I had informed them about it, but they don't care because it won't affect them directly. The work environment is very toxic. A lot would just gossip and the management wouldn't care. In fact, some people in the management would gossip their agents even though the agents could hear them. Is this what you call professionalism? A fortune 6 company? I don't think so. Also, one of our colleagues is a mistress of one of the dms, and she gets extra privilege, like being on leave for a month, and she wasn't reprimanded for it even though she has no documents to show that her mother's sick. While we, on the other hand, got problems having our leaves agreed. This is sick.

Whenever there are events in our department, it's always the same people who got the chance to be off the phone. And guess who got the burden of taking a huge number of calls?
Salary / Benefits
I have a rewarding job at UHG.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 19, 2019
I had a good stay in UHG. They promote work life balance and they treat employees as their asset. Most enjoyable part of the job is my team mates and every time we have team meetings.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
graveyard shifts
Fun workplace
In-patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 3, 2019
Employee friendly. Good pay. Approachable management.
We have gatherings every month per department and play games.
Comfortable workplace. Promotion is open to all. Team work is felt and everyone is friendly and always smiling.
Pros
free buffet lunch/dinner if there's a holiday/event . Free jackets, tumblers and freebies during events/holidays.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with amazing people
Coding Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 3, 2019
Great work environment. Love to work here but need to migrate here in Canada. I worked here year 2013 and after 1 year got promoted to an auditor until May 2019.
A typical workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, CebuJune 28, 2019
I don't have anything much to say about this company. Although, our account no longer exists, I could say that the account was enjoyable. Recommended to everyone.
Salary / Benefits
Healthy environment great leader as well and a growing company and lastly part of a Fortune 6 company in United States
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, PhilippinesJune 25, 2019
Great Benefits
Great Company
Pros
Retirement plans offers
Wonderful Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityJune 23, 2019
This company very generous when it comes to incentives. They are one of the companies who are high-payers. I always take phone calls 8 hours a day but if they need some support, I am being asked to pull-out and help other Representatives. The workplace is comfortable.
Pros
Free Lunches, Incentives, Free Movie Tickets, Free cakes
Cons
Mandatory Overtime for one week
Fun and enjoyable
Fraud Analyst / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bonifacio Global CityJune 17, 2019
Fast pace environment. High pressure accounts. Management system is average. Team leaders are very much accommodating. They are very approachable and very respectful of your contributions
Pros
Unlimited coffee. Good Ambiance
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
excellent and highly recommended company
Recovery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio CityJune 15, 2019
the work place was very light and you'll feel that it's not a stressful place to be with, the enjoyable part of the job is the task it's self because it's easy thought at some point it's not easy to deal with it because of some restrictions in the account but in the long run you'll get to enjoy it.
Pros
free food during holiday, their time off such as monthly rewards and recognition for the employee
Fun and Supportive
Provider Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  TaguigJune 4, 2019
The people (including those in the upper management) were helpful and supportive, which in turn made the people below them supportive of each other as well.
Executive Level Work can be very politically charged
Associate Director-Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  TaguigMay 2, 2019
Other than the daily grind expected at work, the political machinations of other leaders might be a deterrent.

Although, to be fair, employee life (rank & file) experience would be a wholesome experience.
Pros
Good compensation in comparison to what is generally available in the market
Cons
Poor sense of work-life blaace amongst executive levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

54.7K