UnitedHealth Group
Updates from UnitedHealth Group:
Updated: March 25 2020

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Toxic Environment
We were the 1st and last wave that was cross trained for different task and role which is very toxic. Because we handle eligibility and intake claims and authorization. Manager is super pro management not pro agent.
Pros
nice compensation and benefits
Cons
toxic
fun in workplace
Company offers worklife balance and competitive salary. They trained their agents well making sure that they are ready when they reach the production floor. They also have monthly activity in the office that employees can enjoy and take part with.
March 29, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. - Tori
Productive and Fun at work
I enjoyed working in United HealthGroup (OPTUM) as a claims specialist. I gained experience and I was treated as family. I receiving fair salary and medical benefits.
March 29, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! - Tori
Fun workplace
I was one of the first batch when they opened an account and it was fun and I felt that my career will grow in this company. The total package offered to me is reasonable.
Salary / Benefits
A very good and work life balance company
My team leaders at UHG ( optum global solution) are very supportive,professional and kind.
A work life balance and genuine company. A company you will love to work., great learnings. Yoy will have a great mentors that will guide you
A typical day to work
A nice company to work with. Thoug the job is hard because you need to speak with medical associates regading thier submitted claims, have to explain it properly the reason how claims being denied. But at the end. Still it is a good company
Salary / Benefits
I would recommend my colleagues to join the company
The employees are competitive as they are encouraged by the management to develop themselves professionally. They uphold various programs and reasonable leave privileges for the employees to be relaxed at work.
Workplace culture
Workplace in UHG feels relaxed. Everyone is helping with each other’s success. They don’t forced an individual to exceed on their limit but they help instead. If I will be given a chance to work again, I would always choose UHG.
Salary / Benefits
In summary, wirking for UHG though not great but i would say was a good experience professionally
In summary, wirking for UHG though not great but i would say was a good experience personally and professionally. The work life balance is jjst right
. Company culture is pisitive enoiugh
Salary / Benefits
One of the best companies I've ever worked for!
I love UHG. My job, my colleagues and the overall environment at our department is the best! I don't feel stressed everytime I go to work. I always feel happy. :)
I'll give it a 5:10
Back then 2013 the culture in the company was amazing even the salary. Working in a in-house captive environment is definitely a wonderful experience.
Cons
I don't like making comments today
Opposite of What They Are Claiming
Opposite of what they are claiming. They keep on bragging about being a FORTUNE 5 Company but they're nothing but a bad company when it comes to managing their employees.

**Mandatory OT's - they cut your 1 hour lunch break into half (making it 30 mins only) since everyone is resigning due to bad management.

**Mandatory OT's and consistent transferring from one account/program to another - cross training, they're saving money and wouldn't hire enough employees. Cost-cutting. Agents with multiple skills.

**Disputes - soo many of them, you'll lose count of them until you give up. Unpaid incentives - which they always promise but never implemented.

**They employ "latak", "bopis" or dregs from other companies which makes UnitedHealth Group no less than the company you hated the most - since the people you try to outcast is now with you, employed by the same company - UHC.

**They prioritize "camaraderie" rather than skills when promotion is available - soo unfair. They hire RTA's/WFM's who has a record of absenteeism. They hire CE's/QA's who has records of IR's or Issue Resolution. They promote employees as TL's which those employees are on a PIP/Performance Improvement Plan as long as that employee is good-looking - bj/bona on the side - lots of issues when it comes to conflict of interest, marital issues/third party, etc.

**TL's are accused of having intimate relationships with trainees. Gay managers dating agents for the sake of promotion and etc.

**Lugaw or champorado is given when rendering OT's...

Culture is soo bad. They keep on forcing to implement
 - more...
Pros
N/a
Cons
30 minutes and that's it.
Salary / Benefits
Good
The company is worthy. They gave us a worthy salary base on our duty. But please give employees a break when calamities are strong like recently the taal volcanic eruption. It may harm your employee’s health
stressful but friendly environment
you have to be flexible enough to adjust with the changes regarding the work standards that are set by the company but all in all, the environment is friendly
Salary / Benefits
No structure and director does her power trip
The company as whole i think is good. But my LOB credit balance doesnt have a structure. The process a week ago changes every week and everything is manually done thus data are very inaccurate. The director is very disrespectful and does her power trip.
Pros
Good Benefits like HMO, life insurance
Cons
No structure at all.
great company
very stable company. Worked in the case management department as an RN case manager and the experience was really fulfilling. The training was very comprehensive even though it was done online, over the phone. I would love to work with this company again,
Na
My job was mainly cater to customer who wants to refill the prescribed medicine and upselling other medication prescribed to the caller. Wprking enviroment was superb, didnt have any problem with schedules and attendance.
January 10, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the environment. Best of luck to you in the future!
Salary / Benefits
Not so healthy and productive work place
supervisors are not well trained on hr administration of policies and procedures and due process no wonder UHG has a lot of labor cases, They can be power tripping.
Good Environment
People are all professional when it comes to work. The management prioritizes people and have them engaged to work and at the same time with the social life of their employees. The workplace is cool, accessible and possesses a positive ambience. Hardest part of a member service representative is being affected of the customers' hardships when it comes to receiving their health benefits and insurance. Most enjoyable part of the job is whenever we resolve a concern that is sometimes a life and death situation.
Salary / Benefits
The workplace is good and is ideal for people who wish to work with a happy environment.
I have realized that with the kind of job that I have here, being able to help and inspire other people especially those who are in need is absolutely a fulfillment. It makes me happy and feel like having a fantastic life is not just achieved through materials things, but is also through helping others wholeheartedly.
Salary / Benefits
Great to Work in this company.
They give value to their employees. They know how to balance both work and personal life. The management is awesome, everyone are fun to work with. Practically, just give more incentives to employees 'cause for me thats our greatest motivation.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.
5.1K