The SM Store

The SM Store Employee Reviews

Good company
Good training ground for the fresh graduate like me. It helps to develop your personal skills and self confidence . It taught me to become self discipline and responsible.
excellent shopping experience
one of the best shopping mall in the Philippines and offers a lot of shopping, dining and recreational experience. Highly recommended to visit and very enjoyable place.
Good and easy
I think this company so very easy applying for all poor people, and good shoping for all people, im apply this month for my sale and family thankyou SAM
Much better
They have a good work ethic overall. All employees, and managers are kind, and supportive, as well as considerate of problems with absences. They are always willing to help when needed, and they make everyone working there feel like they do belong, and that they are welcomed.
Salary / Benefits
Working in the SM store is challenging, you get to face different Customers everyday. Accomplish everyday's task. Cowokers are nice and supportive. I have a great time working there.
My journey at SM
SM is one of the biggest retail company in the Philippines. We've taught to give the best shopping experience and satisfaction to our customers. However, since I am part of the back office team, we also attend to the needs of our internal customers the same way they handle it at the selling area. Working in the retail industry can really be tiring at the same time, it is very exciting and challenging.
Salary / Benefits
Enjoying what I'm doing of my everyday of my duty
Every day we need to talk nicely and to the customer and encourage them to buy my products, so I've learned how interact with therm. There is also rules and regulation that I need to follow every time I went to duty. There's a lot of customers every weekend also I have too many competitors beside me, so I need to work hard to get more customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was to compete with other merchandiser inside the shop.
Time Management and Oraganize
Teamwork and dedication would lead you to success. While im still working i experience difficulties when it comes to the working enviroment aside from that the management kind off strict which lead me to adjust and work according to protocols
Salary / Benefits
Fun work place, stress free
SM is a company for minimum wage.. If you already have a lot of responsibility in life it is not highly recommended, however i could say that SM is a good work place to start your career.
Salary / Benefits
This was my first job and it was a great experience, they have a strict policy, that you should follow. You can bring the experience that you get here in the other companies. They teach you on how to be productive and how to handle pressure and strict policies.
fun workplace
i learned teamwork there and good communication. in that department we are receiving the items to be delivered in the consignors cubicle and they will receive the box that we deliver. the workplace is very nice i gain a lot of friends.
Fast Paced and very competitive
The sm store allow people to bring out the best in them with enough pressure that helps become mature in our decision making and quick problem solving
Fun work place
The sm store is very high end working place for me because sm is 1 of the largest mall in the philippines, very beautiful working place, clean facilities
Pros
Quality Product
productive and fun
Its so have fun when im at sm store..there's always something for anyone at sm store so that many people wants to shopping at sm and the envirolment was so good
Pros
have a peaceful lunch break
fun place
A job that makes you have fun while working,co workers are kind and employer is very understanding.Work hours are not pressuring and gives you good rest.
Pros
free lunch
Terrible Management
1. Overtime is only paid every first week of the month due to preparation of FS.

So even though you have lots of workload on other weeks, your OT isn't paid.

2. No CPD trainings for professionals.

3. 7 days work schedule during peak season. Mostly December.
Pros
Free Uniform, Cheap meal in the canteen, good training
Cons
Terrible Management, The Vice President creates scandalous scenes ( i. e shouting at employees when she's mad), even other departments can hear.
productive and fun
in staying here in SM, I learned a lot of thing, like seminar i learned on how to handle different customer, how will you give the best to make your customer satisfied.they also teach on how to excel to your field.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
Salary / Benefits
Work place w/ dark,music,movie marathon,fun games with learnings
With extra learnings inside the sm store,,ang benifits your health awerence,,nice community,,many extra cirriculum,,,e learnings to have new idea to sell products
Pros
Free meal on one month
Salary / Benefits
fun workplace and it can make yourself more confident
What i learned about this company is dont just do your job because they giving you a salary, do your job with all your heart. The management in this company is good and i dont think i have any violence with their management. The hardest part in this job is the customer that you encounter everyday , they are not all the same they have a lot of different attitude that you have to understand but no matter what customer do or say to you whether is it good or bad you have to deal with it, because customer is always right.
Fun workplace
I Had learned a lot. The workmates are kind and we have teamwork. The place is convenient for me. It has a good starting salary because we start at a supervisory level even without meaningful experience.
Pros
The company is known
Cons
Overtime hours not paid
Productive and fun workplace
Work load is normal
Work hours are normal

Nice co-workers

The management is okay

They have plenty of workers at the department store

Clean and good environment