Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Found 144 reviews matching the search See all 1,124 reviews
Salary / Benefits
very productive and competitive company.
Unit Manager Secretary (Former Employee) –  Antipolo City, RizalSeptember 18, 2019
work life is balance, very much welcome kind of company, it has a lot opportunity and benefit to everyone. you are not going to feel pressure. very well company.
I love the environment!
Licensed Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pasay CitySeptember 10, 2019
I've never been in a workplace where almost everyone supports their colleague to do better. Everyone is so positive and helpful when it comes to giving advice on what to do.

Would highly recommend working here even for just part time.
Salary / Benefits
Productive, rewarding and enjoyable job
GROUP SALES OFFICER - EMPLOYEE BENEFITS (Former Employee) –  MakatiSeptember 2, 2019
Great company, great benefit, rewarding career. Mostly coordinating with corporate accounts. Mingle with different types of people and designations, full of learning and great company
Nice Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olongapo, ZambalesAugust 30, 2019
Nice and very good manager. I love working there since i can get to know different tyoes of people on daily basis. Specially when someone is complaining about something. It make sme feel happy to help people
Productive workplace
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  BinondoAugust 18, 2019
SUNLIFE offers wide variety of life insurances for peoples. It has e very productive and competitive work environment that allows you to test your capacity
work at your own pace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  anywhereAugust 17, 2019
I remember saying "I will never sell insurance" when I was in college. But, I started seeing things differently when I got sick in 2015. It was then Irealized how important it is to have proitection not only for life but for health as well, and the importance of planning for your future goals. Working as an advisor is the humbling. It's not easy to make people see their NEED to get insurance and their need to be prepared.
Salary / Benefits
fun workplace and good management
BANCASSURANCE SALES OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Makati CityAugust 16, 2019
gave a good training as for new employees, provided the needs of every employee prior to the needs of the each individual. training and seminars are very expensive but company can afford it to maintain and improve the employees skills and knowledge.
Productive and exciting work
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  TagumAugust 5, 2019
I learned day by day on how to balance the time management and also to handle the pressure. I learned in management on how to control decision making and also to be flexible at work. Workplace culture for me is how you would share your values, beliefs systems, and attitude assumptions that people in a workplace share. The hardest part of the job is when the co-employee backstab. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have a good friend and meeting other people to be a positive one.
Salary / Benefits
fun workplace with saturday videoke bonding
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  davao cityJuly 10, 2019
you manage your own time.
you will learn a lot especially in the financial world ...
the hardest part of the job is when sometimes when you have appointment and the client did not show up..
enjoyable part is you will meet different people ..learn and attend free seminars and training local and abroad
Pros
FREE Trainings and seminars, free food .managers provide free accomodation or plane ticket .. with provident plan
Cons
commission based no basic
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 9, 2019
The company gives Financial Advisors flexible work hours. The company supports the Financial Advisor in meeting the goals.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits
Salary / Benefits
Effective workplace for developing professional work ethics
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Pablo City, LagunaJune 5, 2019
My internship at Sun Life was a good experience because I was given the chance to practice not just my accounting skills but also administrative skills. The workplace was very ideal and spacious enough to accommodate walk in clients, applicants, and employees. The superiors are very gentle when giving commands and very understanding.
Pros
Free Snacks, After work meals
Cons
Sometimes long hours of work
Review re: Sun Life
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityJune 4, 2019
Sun Life promotes work-life balance in all aspects. It just so happens that I have realized that I am not a Sales person myself. I longed to change my job and go back to corporate.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Heavy sales target
Planner, Educator and Advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Makati CityMay 20, 2019
A financial advisor is your planning partner. Let's say you want to retire in 20 years or send your child to a private university in 10 years. To accomplish your goals, you may need a skilled professional to help make these plans a reality, and that’s where a financial advisor comes in.
many activities experienced
Finance Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort BonifacioMay 14, 2019
very high quality of services to client.
clean and relaxing place of work.
so much knowledge I've learned in this company.
especially in auditing Bank reconciliation.
Fun Workplace
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Makati CityMay 12, 2019
Sun Life of Canada Phils. Inc. has been a training ground for me as I have learned different things from work related to developing my interpersonal skills. It provided me learning different procedures an insurance company operates making me and my colleague well rounded in the industry. I have had opportunities in attending necessary training as Sun Life always updated and applicable training to its employers.
Flexible working hours
Licensed Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 21, 2019
SunLife creates a fun-loving environment. Everyone's dedicated in lifting each other up. It also provides trainings and seminars to make us all equipped with the demands of the job.
Challenging and fulfilling
Licensed Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bonifacio Global City Taguig PhilippinesApril 14, 2019
My career as a Sunlife Financial Advisor is very challenging but at the same time fulfilling. We have the opportunity to educate not just our clients but also ourselves about financial freedom and aligning our financial goals.
Pros
Continuous career opportunities
Cons
deadlines and targets
Salary / Benefits
A place where yu can continue to grow in knowledge.
License Investment Planner/Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bonifcio Global City, Taguig City, PhilippinesMarch 28, 2019
A typical day at work starts in calling prospective clients and following up needs of old time clients.
Learning is a continuous process because of the training and conferences they provide for you to attend.
The hardest part of the job is exceeding your quota to maximize benefits and commissions.
The most enjoyable part of being a Sun Lifer is the rewards and bonuses they provide once you hit the target more so if you exceeded. This includes a lot of all expenses paid trip locally and internationally. They also provide a lot of incentive packages for you to enjoy.
Salary / Benefits
fun work place and activities
Customer Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacloban City, LeyteMarch 23, 2019
filing of documents scanning of documents computing the overall sales in a week. paying for overtime and some training inside the office with the financial manager.
Pros
coffe break
Cons
overtime
flexible time for family
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  olongapo city zambales philippinesMarch 17, 2019
management is tough. they will renew your license if you and your manager is in good term but if not, even though youre a good agent. they will now renew you
Pros
time for family
Cons
tough management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

3.8Salary / Benefits