Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews for Barista

Salary / Benefits
Fun workplace where we treat each partner as family
A friendly environment where you can strive and achieve goals as an individual. Helping each partner to be on top of their tasks and enjoy their service to the customers.
A true learning experience
I started without any barista knowledge but I got an extensive on hand training for the skills needed to be learned. Though there are ups and downs they will treat is as a learning experience for you to get better.
I love working there
It is a good environment to work with but in the philippines the wage is much smaller than other countries. Although the wage is above minimum in peso.
Great experience
Starbucks is one of my great experience especially when it comes to customer service. All staff are willing to share their knowledge and provide all my needs all about coffee
Good Experience as my 1st job
Good culture and management. Good Benefits. Flexible schedule for me as a working student. You will grow in this company as a person and individual. Team player is indeed a one of the traits you need to have.
Productive Workplace
I was located at MOA where a lot of people visit therefore the work was hectic but really productive. I suggest looking for a store near where you live because work hours are too early or too late. A norm, for a coffee shop.
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
Fun and productive workplace. Secures you and your future.
My Manager and the rest fo the team all synced into one harmonious melody. I can't emphasize how great working is at Starbucks! Pressure is there, but with the team helping each other, it is super great experience.
Salary / Benefits
Beautiful ambience to work to, good learning people, good mannered staffs
Recommended work place through out everything I work to. Although salary wouldnt be enough to pay for everything you need but rest assured that you will be happy enough through out your duty place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Starbucks?
very fun workplace
People thought that being a barista is an easy job but to be honest in this kind of work where you talk to customers everyday, having complaints, always a rush. Everything was just so tiring but fulfilling after a full shift.
Pros
free drinks and many benefits
Cons
long lines, won't be able to go out on time
workplace
It's fun, productive and lots of learning in everyday experience of being a barista of Starbucks. This company motivates me to keep learning that will mold to bring out the best in me.
great
it was fun. coffee making. coffee concoctions. promotions. marketing. coffee knowledge. activities to enhance your skill. cleaning. elevating customer experience.
Salary / Benefits
working with different types of customers everyday
In Starbucks I've learned a lot of things like interacting with different kinds of people and being more extrovert. It's fun being a barista you make friends as well as you make other people happy and satisfied because of your service. Training in Starbucks is totally a world class I can't compare it to others because for me Starbucks is one of the best.
Salary / Benefits
Very productive and fun workplace.
One of the best company in handling staff, they make sure that their people are knowledgeable about their products and the company vision. And one of the best in checking the quality of the products.
Salary / Benefits
Fast paced work place but fun workmates
It was i work that did not deserve me but they've accepted me and had faith in me through out my training days with them. It was a worth it experience regardless of my short comings with them.
Happy environment
There is a lot of activities that help the employee boost there skills in interacting with other people. Good management team. Always making sure employees are not having hard time
Pros
Free coffee beans, uniforms. food and merchandise
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
Good
Very active workplace. Challenging and customer oriented. Very jolly personality is a super plus. Career advancement if you are willing and passionate. Salary leaves something to be desired.
Knowledgeable
Well trained on handling customer complaint and customer service
Coaching about leadership skills and handling team member is taught very well.

Knowledgeable about the product and suggestive selling

Environment in work place is warm and culture
Salary / Benefits
Starbucks culture is the best!
Even though the workload is not very equal to what we're getting paid I enjoyed every shift because of the other partners, so overall i think working at starbucks is a good place to start tour career
Salary / Benefits
Worst company! Poor management!
worst work place culture. they pretend to be good even though they are not, they are kind in front of you, praises you but they talk behind your back. they wanted you to be transparent and tell them your work or personal problems but eventually it will be pass on the other stores and everyone will judge you. there's no such thing like partner voice, since they will listen to those senior partners or they will just listen to store managers. i though starbucks is a good platform to work with since it is a very well known company but it is not. before they focus more on their people but today they are just similar with other fast food chains who focuses more on sales and getting the work done. there is no passion at all, even in doing coffee tasting.
Salary / Benefits
Knowledge of different types of coffee and makes, decorates, and serves drinks
Coffee shops get very busy, so everyone needs to be aware of what their role is and stick to it. Also be able to show flexibility in their approach in order to help other team members if necessary.
Salary / Benefits
Always busy at the store. Great workplace environment
Very Good working experience
Very Proffesional in terms of treatment in staff and co workers

Good working relationship

Highly paid salary, and benefits