Starbucks
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

Starbucks Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Starbucks is a company that calls their employee partners and that is one of the best thing that a company can do to their employees not treating them like just employees but partners of the business. at Starbucks ive learned a lot of things specially being one of the barista trainors and global coffee master, ive learned a lot about more coffee from the green beans itself until it goes from a cup. Starbucks makes me passionate about giving the best service that a hospitality industry can do. I didn't find it hard to work in this company because all the mentors and seniors was with me from the beginning until I got promoted.
Fair and Standardize
I learned a lot about discipline and loving your job. Doesnt matter where you came from, starbucks as a whole welcomes diversity of people in all walks of life.
Positive work place
It was a quick yet memorable experience with my 129 family. I learned a lot from my Manager, SL, BT and co partners. Life lessons, all our happy moments in the floor. I never felt so tired during my shift because of them.
Salary / Benefits
Comfortable working in this fully established company.
Excellent in training for new employees. Generous in giving full benefits. Learned to respect each other by adapting company rules. Great work environment and professionalism.
Pros
Free beverages and snacks. Monthly incentives.
Cons
Too many promotions.
Poured passion with heart
It's always a bright day at work.
I've learn a lot from personality development to working ethics.

The management are very helpful in all aspects.

The hardest part of the job is when I'm on the till and coffee tasting at first.

And what I enjoyed a lot was the people around me the supports each other capabilities, there's also a lot of competitive works with enjoyable environment.

Outings, Annual Dinner, latte art competition, knowledge skills, marketing strategies.
Working hours
Prefer your body clock because the working time is so very flexible when someone in your workmate is absent the shift need to adjust some partners working hours.
It was fun!
Well it was kinda hard for me coz I am a working student for you will be needing to memorize a lot of stuff. But it was a memorable experience and I've learnt a lot!
Fun and productive
Good training ground relating to customer service. The way our leaders communicate and interact with employees, what they communicate and emphasize, their vision for the future, what they celebrate and recognize, what they expect, the stories they tell, how they make decisions, the extent to which they are trusted, and the beliefs and perceptions they reinforce. We worked as family.
Productive and fun
Friendly co worker and management. Productive and you will have fun even though it is stress, hardest part is to communicate with the senior customer because
Salary / Benefits
Got the chance to meet new people and build good relationship with them
Staffs are nice and friendly. The manager would suggest calling them by there first name instead of calling them Ma'am or Sir, I find it hard at first though because I'm used to call my bosses that way, but that's just one of their practices. District manager would always roam around the city to ensure that all the stores that under their district still follows Starbuck's standards, He or she will reach out all to their employees and ask them How they are doing at work. It's kind of a good practice actually, many other companies don't do that.

Maybe the hard part of being a new Barista in Starbucks is that, dealing with some of your co-workers some of them are toxic in a way that when they trained you, they will be strict, I get that they just want the new barista to learn but some Barista's are being harsh when it comes to new commers, they wouldn't mind how you will feel. I'm thankful I didn't have that kind of experience when I was still working there.
Pros
Free food and beverages
Cons
Training is kind of hard, Limited Food and beverages
Salary / Benefits
Starbucks - a good and strong foundation for your work
Meeting and talking to people from all walks of life.
Good work benefits aside from salary.

Good work/life balance, planned request offs/vacation leave are possible as long as informed ahead of time!

Advancement of position is depending on one's performance and/or willingness, while promotion to Supervisorial role is by management's discretion.

Extensive coffee knowledge and learning.

Store culture is highly dependent on the type of store/management/partners/even customers.

But hey, you get your daily-bourgeoisie coffee free.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
A fun place to work
A very nice place to work. It's a never ending learning experience you will surely enjoy every minute of it. Their standard of training is really superb.
Salary / Benefits
Excellent training and working environment
Starbucks has excellent training environment. I work for ten hours a day including the one hour break. It was busy day the most of the time but it was fun and enjoy.
Salary / Benefits
productive, fast paced job as well as tiring
fun cause you get to talk and get to know people. tiring cause your 8-9 hours standing up moving a lot but fun. it was easy to work there less than 2 month I can work on my own
Salary / Benefits
Fun workplace where we treat each partner as family
A friendly environment where you can strive and achieve goals as an individual. Helping each partner to be on top of their tasks and enjoy their service to the customers.
A true learning experience
I started without any barista knowledge but I got an extensive on hand training for the skills needed to be learned. Though there are ups and downs they will treat is as a learning experience for you to get better.
I love working there
It is a good environment to work with but in the philippines the wage is much smaller than other countries. Although the wage is above minimum in peso.
Great experience
Starbucks is one of my great experience especially when it comes to customer service. All staff are willing to share their knowledge and provide all my needs all about coffee
Salary / Benefits
Competitive and fun working environment.
It was a challenging at first because of a lot of training and learning modules to finished. However, it's one of the best working experienced I've ever had.
Good Experience as my 1st job
Good culture and management. Good Benefits. Flexible schedule for me as a working student. You will grow in this company as a person and individual. Team player is indeed a one of the traits you need to have.
Productive Workplace
I was located at MOA where a lot of people visit therefore the work was hectic but really productive. I suggest looking for a store near where you live because work hours are too early or too late. A norm, for a coffee shop.
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
low salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.
17.1K