South Star Drug, Inc.

South Star Drug, Inc. Employee Reviews

Multi tasking
Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Olongapo City, ZambalesNovember 15, 2019
I learned more about medicine, I learned how to handle the customer behavior.The hardest part of my job when dealing with un professional customer, shifting schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job when the customer appreciated my service.
Salary / Benefits
Good
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manila PhilippinesOctober 21, 2019
Attends customer needs and gave them satisfaction. I learned also to be more patient. Working in Southstar was well balance in life and work. It was a good learning experienced.
Customer service oriented
Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverbank arcade marikina cityOctober 3, 2019
An effective company summary should give readers, such as potential investors, a quick and easy way to understand your business, its products and services, its mission and goals, how it meets the needs of its target market, and how it stands out from competitors.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langkaan dasmarinasSeptember 22, 2019
Convenient and trusted store. May not refer anybody cause of the salary charge and not satisfied by there working schedule to be held. Some of the salary deducted not applied in your payslip.
Work under pressure
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  PHILIPPINESSeptember 17, 2019
I learn more things and I share my ideas in our work for growth and development. The hardest part of job is to leave your workmates. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you where sharing your ideas to people for developing our company
Salary / Benefits
Very Challenging ,specially with the compensation, this job will teach you how to be responsible
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  401 F. legaspi Street Maybunga Pasig CitySeptember 2, 2019
South Drug is one of the largest drugstore chains in the Phillipines as a Accounting clerk (Taxsection) its a pleasure to be work in this company , South star Drug operate several store concepts from stand alone dedicated pharmacies to stores inside supermarkets and pharmacies with self service convenience sections
Salary / Benefits
South Star Drug is a pharmaceutical company that you could learn a lot of things especially where is the medicine for.
Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  OlongapoAugust 30, 2019
Being a graduate of Tourism,Hotel and Restaurant Operations to be part of a pharmacy is a big part for me because they weren't hired you though your background isn't part of the job inside their company.But your capable working on their company.
Fun place to work with.
AutoCAD Operator / Clerk (Current Employee) –  PasigAugust 20, 2019
A typical day at work revolves around designing store layouts and basic estimation. Office hours starts at 8am and ends at 6:30pm, five times a week. So far, I've learned so many things, specifically on the technical side and how to operate different softwares. People are fun to work with and I think dealing with these different types of people are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Salary / Benefits
Below average management of employees
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Cebu, DumagueteAugust 6, 2019
I worked here as a pharmacist for almost a year. I worked alongside pharmacy assistants who not only felt like they knew they way around the pharmacist but felt superior because of their tenure. The management needs to do something about the lack of training of the employees and common courtesy. No training was done for the newly hired and I personally witnessed workmates still hungover from drinking the night before.
Its fun place
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  BauanJuly 11, 2019
For me to work in south star is okey,.im happy to work the company eventhough its too far for me,so i decided to resign,because the head is not giving me a chance to work near in my place,.so that i so dissapointed..
Pros
Provide your own meals..
Cons
Tme-time..
Salary / Benefits
Being a cashier is not easy but a hardtask to perform
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  BulacanJuly 7, 2019
Im am kind ,lovable,patient ,and willing to work in the company im hardworking person ,industrious , honest ,and i know i cando it only have to do in every work is challenge accept it many employee have diff attitude
Salary / Benefits
Productive with the support of your colleague
Merchandiser/Cashier/Pharmacist assistant (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 1, 2019
Enjoys working with my colleague because they help me to be more productive and handling our customers correcrly and because of this we finish our work with excellence. But the management need to improve how to handle their employee
Salary / Benefits
Great workplace if you land on a good location
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionApril 10, 2019
Good if you land on a good location and be able to work mid-shift and focus solely as a Pharmacist... there is a tendency to work multiple tasks in some cases
Pros
30 days leave
Cons
on call and possible branch transfer
productive
Pharmacy Assistant / Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  BataanMarch 26, 2019
a typical day assisting customers in daily basis. restocking , refilling , cleaning and inventory some of the items that we sell . i learn a lot of thinks specially in medicines
Pros
Cons
long hours with ot
Salary / Benefits
Comfortable workplace. and also the bond that builds between the employees are nice and productive.
Pharmacy Assistant. Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sorsogon CityMarch 24, 2019
Working in South Star Drug Inc. is a great experience, although my course was not relatable to this field but it was amazing because I had challenged myself with a diffirent kind of environment and experience. It was helpful also. I had gained a lot of knowledge that I will treasure as I seek for a new level of learnings and experiences in life.
Benefits
Cons
Charges
Challenging
Pharmacy Assistant/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tayabas, Quezon ProvinceMarch 19, 2019
A typical day was just standing around talking to your co-worker while waiting for customers to come in and assist them.

I learned how to multitask and prioritize responsibilities

The hardest part of the job was reading prescription written by a doctor that has very ugly writing skills.

The most enjoyable part was you encountered and learned about a particular medicines that you haven't known before.
Salary / Benefits
Excellent work-life balance for pharmacist
BRANCH PHARMACIST (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 5, 2019
Very good work-life balance, we have 30 days leave and they take care of the pharmacists very well when it comes to the benefits. The only con is the basic salary.
Pros
30 day leave
Cons
Low salary
productive
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  metro manilaFebruary 1, 2019
its about receiving and dispensing medicine. I learned much about the medicines, its type and what for it is. And I've learned that antibiotics is need a description by a doctor first before we dispense because antibiotic is an anti-bacterial drug so its kills the bacteria cause of the decease but when you not used it good what the doctor instruction it may give you life but also kills your life. The work is enjoyable because I've learned everyday about the condition of individuals health and life. I love dealing with people.
Challenging work
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasig City, PhilippinesDecember 2, 2018
Meeting daily with different suppliers is a very challenging job but it enhance your ability to deal with prices, discounts and promotions. Five years of working in this company inspired me to gain a lot of self-confidence which until now I am carrying in my personal nor professional life. The main reason why this company has a continuing success is simply because of the Executive Committees focused a lot of changes and improvements that helps the company grow.
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Salary / Benefits
It was a great training ground
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, PampangaNovember 15, 2018
I learned alot from my previous company,It was a an amazing experience, but I want more, I want to practice my profession in other ways by being health consultant.
Pros
Near in my home
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South Star Drug, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9Salary / Benefits