SM Mart Inc.

SM Mart Inc. Employee Reviews

level of experience
Checker (Former Employee) –  MakatiDecember 4, 2016
As a first time on a job, its hard for me to find a job. but thank you to this company they give me a chance to work with them and gave me experience.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
overtime
Best co-workers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 14, 2016
First job first experience in the outside world. Strict management but taught you to be responsible for your duties. Taught me to interact with different personalities..
Benefits
Cons
No security in job
Sales clerk(Partime) (Former Employee) –  MAKATI CITYOctober 16, 2016
I work here every6 weekend. I am a working student by that time, I work every saturday and sunday 8 hours a day. And at the same time I study at taguig city university.
Pros
No free meal
Cons
8 Hours
Salary / Benefits
game competition to our recreation area
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  manilaSeptember 18, 2016
working at sm is not so hard..same routine every day. you will learned how to deal with the different type of person with different personality.i enjoy working with my workmate i treat them as my second family.
Conducive working place
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Corporate Office, MOA Complex, Pasay CitySeptember 15, 2016
Since the company is very stable, SM is the place to be. Management is very supportive and is open to suggestions for improvement of existing processes
Pros
Sales Incentive
Cons
Extension of healthcare to immediate family members
Salary / Benefits
Relaxing in recreational area because it has television
Counter Checker (Former Employee) –  Quezon CitySeptember 7, 2016
I enjoyed the 8 hours everyday with one day rest day in one week. I learned on how to be a good employer, and it gives me more knowledge on how to communicate with costumers. The management is good\, they are strict to their rules and regulations. Having a different partners everyday in counter it feels nervous because you don't know their attitudes but when you know how to deal with their attitudes there'll be no problem about it. Everyday is difficult day but it is work , this is my work , so I will work hard because I told them when they hired me that I will do all my best.. The enjoyable part of my job is to give the satisfactions of every costumers.
Pros
When we get the target of every end of the month they give Gift Cash.
Cons
We stand 8 hours with 2 inches of heels
Good Company
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasay CityAugust 11, 2016
Good training ground. SM will develop you holistically.
One thing that I like the most from the company is its dynamic work environment. You will be challenged yet by the end of the day you will learn a lot.
Salary / Benefits
A stable company but the growth is difficult and the salary is low
Stylist and Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJuly 5, 2016
Im a Visual Merchandiser in Forever 21 who is capable to merchandise all the department and section within the stores.
I learned a lot in terms of Visual Merchandising in this company. Different styes and techniques that are essential in VM.
The management here are firmed in implementing their guidelines and procedure in terms of company policies.
My co workers here help me a lot in terms of giving their ideas in related with our job. Theres is no hard part of this job because i love what I'm doing and I can say that is the enjoyable part of my job. The only problem is the salary and growth.
funny work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityJune 27, 2016
I learned a lot especially cashiering and on how to communicate other people or customers in terms of the items etc. I enjoyed a lot at Sm because of the friends of mine, and the regular co- workers are not hard to find their abilities to communicate to us as a new employee at SM NORTH.
Perfect
Category Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MakatiJune 10, 2016
I can say that since ive started here, I rate them perfect , for almost 6 yrs in sercice to this company, I learned a lot and I owe it to them, they taught all their employess to become a responsible in all aspects of life and work. The management is all great. I enjoy every moment of my time here.
Salary / Benefits
productive and fun workplace, i was encourage to be one of the very good cashiers in SM makati.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ayala ave cor. EdsaMay 20, 2016
i learned to be one of the cashiers who are very active on there work. we are offering some fliers to customers to apply for a credit cards which each of the cashiers have 200 pcs of it on the end of the month. and i try to be one of them just to practice my communication skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 30, 2016
Fun, easy day at work. i have learned to talk with the customer with confidence. The management was fair enough. my co-workers were friendly. Hardest part was queuing time. Most enjoyable part was the games.
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Long hours of standing
Salary / Benefits
the place has a good ambiance
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityApril 19, 2016
One of a good place to work, the management is all good overseeing their subordinates worked. Has a happy hour time to bond with your workmates.
Everyday is a challenge
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quezon CityMarch 17, 2016
For me i find my job at The Sm Mart Inc very challenging because you don't only get to serve customer's needs but you have a lot of accountability because we are also accepting bills payment.
religious and advance learning
checker (Former Employee) –  MakatiMarch 8, 2016
working and studying in the school at the same time is fun and a oppurtunity to learn more. with a christ center community and advance learning facility and well trained professor and superior.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and good working environment
Store Planning and Design Officer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 10, 2016
* Store layout design and coordination with different brand merchandise manager are my routine everyday.

* I learned different stages of store designing from planning, fixturing & implementing.

* There is some aspects in management that needs to be improve such as a more accurate timeline of projects and distribution of workloads.

* Fun workmates

* The hardest part of the job is the adjustment and learning of the system

* The most enjoyable part is when you finally adapt and learned of the process and the work itself becomes easy.
fun workplace
CREDIT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pasay City, PhilippinesFebruary 7, 2016
This was my first job so I enjoy working in the company. I met new people & became friends. Have learned to manage my time in this my first job and was used in my next job after this one.
Pros
team work
Cons
no career growth
good start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ManilaFebruary 7, 2016
as a Cashier, I smile and greets customers. punch their items properly. This is my first job, and i learned the work scope of a cashier. My co- workers were nice and approachable. The hardest part was when the sale doesn't coincide with the cash on hand, where we need to pay it from our pockets.
Pros
nice uniform and workplace
Cons
no free accomodation, no free transportation and no free meals
Patience is a Virtue
Checker (Former Employee) –  Makati, P00November 24, 2015
Meeting a lot of people is the most enjoyable part of being a checker.
Sometimes you will encounter different attitude that will help you grow and improve your self.
Pros
Meeting New faces
Cons
no health benefits
Salary / Benefits
to obtain a position an active employee,follow the rules and regulation of the company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 27, 2015
great and smile and maintained eye contact when you assist the customer and promote the new product.maintained the cleanliness of the store,cooperate to the team and make the plan for the everyday style of selling the new product that we promote to the customer.
Pros
free lunch, cinema.in the break time