SM Mart Inc.

SM Mart Inc. Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
SM Mart is focused on training their employees to be an Excellent Customer service provider.
Sales Associates (Current Employee) –  Makati CityFebruary 7, 2018
Working at SM Mart Inc. for 13 years was a great experience. I've been able to develop my personal character being a service provider in retail form. I've learned many kinds of strategies about selling and how to make high sales. I become a confident person when approaching people. Company has provided many enjoyable activities while we are working at the same time.
Pros
Gift certificate Incentives quarterly.
Cons
Midnight sched when have a sale events.
Challenging and more productive
IT Associate (Former Employee) –  Probinsya sang IloiloFebruary 6, 2018
Working as IT in SM Mart is a one of a kind experience. The company molded me into a better person and leader. In this company I develop my skilled in computers.
Salary / Benefits
good
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 26, 2018
this is my first job at SM Mart Inc.
i learned to communicate
management is good
i didn't feel my job is hardest that time
after work there's a small activities
productive workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  philippinesJanuary 24, 2018
good working environment, as to they are giving allowances and incentives as we reach our monthly quota, enjoyable working with doctors as i practice what ive learned.
Pros
free lunch
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Makati ayalaJanuary 10, 2018
Its more experience about my job in sm mart inc . as sales clerk . like a good manners and good communication for costumer and good costumer service . and the most important is you know about your job .
work at SMart inc.
Counter Checker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  quezon city philippinesJanuary 5, 2018
Exciting days, we learn to be on time and counting, standard management, advance culture, transportation to work place due to traffic, and enjoy every day for customers.
Pros
free lunch
Salary / Benefits
Challenging and fast paced working environment
HR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 28, 2017
Working with SM for 7 years is such fulfilling one, this is where I started my HR Career, I have learned to become people oriented and develop my interpersonal skill. In this company, seems like your friends with everybody especially when youre from HR, every employee recognized you. The hardest part of the job is filling up the plantilla during peak season, so we have to outsource outside just to fill it up. The enjoyable part is you meet a lot of people.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malate, ManilaDecember 20, 2017
Flexible person who is ready to work long hours and weekends when necessary. Willing to listen and learn everything that I must know to be effective on my work. Has a courteous and respectful attitude towards my superiors
Salary / Benefits
Fun and good as training ground for starters/fresh graduates.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 18, 2017
SM is the number 1 retail company in the Philippines. It has more than 30,000 employees accross the country. I would say that SM is a good training ground for those who are starting theor career in any kind of feild be it HR, Operations, Sales and Marketing, Treasury/ finance.
Pros
Offers savings and salary loan to its employees
Cons
Limited breaks
Sales Utiliy clerk is fun
Sales Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  MakatiNovember 13, 2017
being sales utility clerk teach you how to handle customer, assist them, makes some sales talk to increase you sale, working in SM gives me a lot a friend,
Pros
good working environment
Cons
small salary
Productive place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quezon CitySeptember 20, 2017
Assisting customers with their needs. Assisting them with what size of shirt they want. The management were good, it is organized. My seniors were attentive and kind.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long hours standing wearing heels.
Camaraderie
Human Resources Assistant- Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Quezon City, PhilippinesSeptember 8, 2017
One of the biggest retail company in the Philippines. They ensure that all employees are safe and cared for. SM Mart Inc., provides trainings on personal development once every quarter.
Pros
Good benefits; stable company
Cons
Work overload
productive
COUNTER CHECKER (Former Employee) –  Quezon CitySeptember 2, 2017
fun, enjoyable, interesting, I've learned how to validate credit card transaction, u need to be focus especially in packing the items sold by the customers.
Pros
overtime payed
Salary / Benefits
Productive and enjoyable until it last
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Cubao Quezon CityAugust 31, 2017
Working in the first day is difficult and when you are new to this kind of job especially when this is your first job. In new surrounding I encounter more people and need to adjust quickly and learn many things to make the work easier. The management is well organize per department and especially in time manage. The hardest part of the job is when you need to relocate some item to different area and need to gather it by the end of the day and need to repeat it the next day. The enjoyable part is the peptalk before and after mall hour. All workers gather together and discuss about work and some are cracking a joke..
Pros
Free lunch in aniversary year
Cons
Need up and down to pick the product
fun in workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Quezon CityAugust 27, 2017
practices dealing with other people, increases self confidence, building more knowledges from work experiences, knows specific core values made from workplace
Checker
Department Store Checker (Former Employee) –  sm north edsaAugust 13, 2017
As checker i can say that my skills in sales and my pr developed here. I am a very silent person. Having this work makes to be more active since attending to customers is one of our responsibility.
Salary / Benefits
productive and fun work place
gift wrapping (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityAugust 2, 2017
hard working person and always has a perseverance in everything that i do. and also willing to learn more to be a productive and effective employee to help the success of the company i applying for.
Pros
free lunches
Salary / Benefits
Life fulfilment work experience.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ayala Avenue, Makati CityJuly 26, 2017
Working with a prestigious company is great experience and I've learned much of the things that are really useful for the process of making the firm meets it's short term and long term objectives.
productive
Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityJuly 1, 2017
it's good the employee benefits and security is good also the co cashiers and the superiors are well trained and we learned very month because we have our sm learn every month that's why we learned continuously.
exciting
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  ManilaJune 25, 2017
my first work after school enjoyed a lot
i learn to communicate to other people
team work in work place
i didn't feel the hardest part of the job because all of us are working together