SM Mart Inc.

SM Mart Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent Service to Valued Customer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 17, 2018
Working in this company was great and challenging. Management and benefits was awesome. Standard of the company and policies complied by Higher Management and Staff.
Hardworking Individual and Flexible in any working environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityAugust 29, 2018
My Opinion about a typical day at work is good because all of my co-workers are friendly and always make me feel positive every day at work and motivate me to do my job well and effective sales clerk. I have learned in my work experience is always be patient all the times, make the customer feel better with your advertisement and always smile. The hardest part of the job is not all customers are easy to please some of the times customer will push you to the limit of your patience,. but i always say to my self that i can do my job well and make them feel happy of my sales even at times of anger. I can make them happy even they have big problems because this is my job,. The most enjoyable part of the job is the part that i always make my customer happy and convince them to come again.
Salary / Benefits
Fun but sometimes really hard specially on DECEMBER.
Checker (Former Employee) –  Makati CityAugust 16, 2018
You should give a little rights to your employees specially when they really need rest.
And please don’t be so rude when your previous applicants wanted to get their back pays on the day you have given them. I mean you’re so delayed.
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MakatiAugust 13, 2018
Get money from treasury for cash fun before going to counter. Clean your counter, process customers payment, spill bank promotion/ store promotion. Gives excellent customer service.
Salary / Benefits
Very professional management and co-workers
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 12, 2018
SM was my training ground. They gave me the wings to fly through my abilities and reach the potentials I have in me. They let me experience to be rotated in all recruitment areas such as in Training, Events, Payroll, Labor, and etc.
Discriminating
Treasury Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasay CityJuly 30, 2018
Well at least in my department (Treasury) I have experienced some sort of discrimination when you are not a Chinese. However, it still depends on your immediate supervisor.
First Hand
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 23, 2018
Strict Company, it is the number one company in the Philippines and the biggest super mall around the Asia. All my skills and personality and character were developed at the same time here in SM, as they give chance to new comers for them to show their skills.
Pros
lot of benefits
Cons
no cons.
Excellent
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 11, 2018
One of the largest company in Philippines. The staff are very helful and very effecient. Management are very humble and generous. No wonder this company is successful
Salary / Benefits
Productove and very fun to work
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Makati CityMay 15, 2018
Great atmosphere, every one is fun to work with, easy to learn, very well oriented company, you can learn new things you can easily adopt with people.
great place to work on.
Selling Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  philippinesMay 7, 2018
The SM management work was far different to UAE. The strategic business plan and way to drive sales was depend on the its target market. Its a huge department store with big no.employees. I've learned to handle and monitor 250 more staffs and evaluate each performance. The most challenging is to drive and set the team to hit the target,consistency on monitoring requires.The Company was so generous and treat all employees like a family. They affirm people and let them grow in all aspect of work.
Pros
a lot of program and privilege for all employees.
Cons
long hours of duty and standing with heels.
Good working environment
Company Nurse Reliever (Current Employee) –  Iloilo CityMay 1, 2018
Excellent customer service. i function as a medical officer in charge of all medical assessment, exams, supplies and records. I have learned administrative skills, wherein i update records regularly, submit reports on time and answer all medical queries through phone calls and emails when necessary.
Strong customer service
Customer Service Asst. ( CSA ) (Former Employee) –  Sm Makati, Makati CityApril 28, 2018
Customer service department.. were giving extra services Like bills payment, sometimes assigned information desk, in that area it is the loading station and giving information for the customer's not really familiar to the area
Cons
minimum hours
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 22, 2018
This is my first work as a working student. All tat i have in my mind and skills now started from here. It help me a lot until now.The company that should be trusted
Salary / Benefits
Structured and results-driven organization that is best in promoting career growth of staffs,
Training Specialist/ Officer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 16, 2018
SM is the leading retail store in the Philippines, which offers high quality merchandise and service to its customers. For the past six decades, it has served millions of customers across 60 branches nationwide.

Aside from offering excellent services to external customers, it is also best known for its excellent internal customer service. The company provides career growth to employees through lateral and vertical transfer. Further, as a dynamic company, it encourages staffs to seek continuous improvement.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
Sructured system that may limit innovation and creative thinking.
Salary / Benefits
Stable and helps many people to provide work
Counter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MakatiApril 14, 2018
Really big help to provide financial needs of my family. Stable company because of having many branches. Giving fair treatment with all employees. Provides seminars and trainings to newly hired employee.
Pros
with pay taking 30 minutes snack break
Fun workplace
Paid Vacations
Wellness Programs
Disability Benefits
Voluntary Benefits
Pros
Good facility
Cons
No overtime
Salary / Benefits
Very comfortable place to work
Cashier Counter Department (Former Employee) –  Makati CityMarch 14, 2018
It was fun and comfortable work place..the managers is easy to approach. And i've never have any problem with this company thats why i've learned a lot of things
Pros
Free breaktym
Cons
Contractual
Salary / Benefits
locker room organized and recreation area
Checker (Former Employee) –  ayala makatiMarch 13, 2018
time management,proper uniform,sanitization,cleaning, getting the pouch bag contains with stapler packaging tape,ballpen store sticker for the day,preparing the bags that use for bagging,greeting to the customers, checking the numbers of purchased of customers, and the card that used for purchased.
Pros
Cons
1hour 30 mins
Productive and very enjoyable
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  SM City Carriedo ManilaFebruary 27, 2018
Very enjoyable because my work as a stock clerk there is very trilling. I have my own decisions to arrange my stocks and also the employees there is very friendly. My manager is trusted me so much. They trained me very well. They teach me how to check the shipping manifest and to encode it,
Pros
Cons
Only 8 hours duty
Good workplace
CHECKER (Former Employee) –  Manila PhilippinesFebruary 27, 2018
SM Mart is one of the popular mall in our country in the Philippines.Thats why iam thankful that i been working with them i a long period of time .Lot of experiences
Pros
Free food
Cons
Headache with the customer