Qatar Airways Employee Reviews

Crew are well taken of
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Qatar - POEANovember 12, 2019
We are very well compensated and gives us good accommodation and benefits. The company gives us the opportunity to travel and explore the world. Health card is also reliable in all situations.
Salary / Benefits
Pushes yourself to be better at your job
Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 7, 2019
The marketing officer job is very demanding but rewarding at the same time. Management is very supportive but at the same time, they make sure that you get your job done right and above expectations. It's very challenging but in the end, you reward yourself to a great experience and you get to learn from the best.
Productive and fun workplace
On the Job Trainee (OJT) (Former Employee) –  PasayApril 19, 2019
Having my on the job training (OJT) in Qatar Airways under dnata Inc., gave me an unforgettable experience. I think it molded me to become what I want to be someday, a Cabin Attendant. They gave me the knowledge and experience of what I am going to experience in the world I want to be in. The stress, the pressure and everything. They thought me skills that I didn’t expect I can do. I enjoyed all the areas that I am assigned to. At the counter, I got the chance to put bag and hand carry tags to passengers’ bags which is not included in my task every duty. I also got to release the passengers’ boarding passes and informing them about the details of their flight. I also had the chance to assist arrival and departure crew and mingled with them. At first, it was intense and I was so nervous because I will be working in a new place and of course I will be working with a bunch of new people. I was worried of how difficult the flow of the flight will be each day, what type of people I am going to encounter and lastly, how I am going to get along with my new colleagues. Having an opportunity like this is already a great privilege. It taught me a lot of things that you can’t learn in school. From engaging with different people with different culture and attending to their needs. Luckily, at the end of the day, it all went smooth, I gained new friends and the important thing is that I had fun.
Pros
I was exposed to the works I was interested in.
Cons
Long hours of duty
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ManilaApril 6, 2019
I have learned to be versatile and flexible in my years working here at Qatar Airways (Cargo Department). This also honed my communication skills as it requires us to communicate with the clients and agents all the time.
Pros
Friendly workmates
Travel Benefits
Reservations and Ticketing Agent (Current Employee) –  TaguigMarch 7, 2019
The company provides competitive salary packages plus great travel incentives and benefits. Qatar Airways values career advancement through annual trainings and e-learning modules.
Learning Experience
Working in a young age, it was too difficult to get a job you wanted.

Accidentally, I try and believe in myself that I can do things within my limits.

As I work in a sub-contract company for Qatar Airways in Manila Philippines, It was such a big privileged to work in different environment versus the degree of course.

I'am confidently grow my career in logistics line even though my graduated courses is too far from my present job.
Pros
Everyday is a learning day.
Cons
Human Factor
Salary / Benefits
manager is not employees side
Airport Services Agent (Current Employee) –  ManilaOctober 2, 2017
Managers and Senior Staffs are not well hands on in terms of employees side, training are not properly conduct for new joiners, Management are strict in terms of Vacation Leave entitlement for the employees
Pros
Name of the company
Cons
not competitive salary
good companny
Senior Cargo Services Agent (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 14, 2017
accepting cargo shipment , driving forklift 2 tons up to 16 tons,driving
6 wheels , acceptance dangerous goods,monitoring cargo shipment
inbound and outbound
Pros
dangerous goods acceptance
Cons
12 hours
Nice experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Taguig CityJuly 27, 2017
The tasks for the interns are not the typical tasks given by other companies which mostly just include administrative work and an office hour of 8 - 5. In Qatar Airways, the interns were given a chance to have an extraordinary internship as we worked under operations and customer relations.
A steady job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ParañaqueJune 29, 2017
Really steady job experience, moderate management, moderately difficult tasks, an "OK" experience with co-workers. Quite far and difficult to reach from places such as Manila and Pasig City.
Qatar Airways Internship Experience
RESERVATION AND TICKETING OFFICER (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 19, 2017
I really enjoyed this internship because Qatar Airways is my dream airline to work. I really learned a lot, how to handle patients. Assisting and welcoming.
Pros
New learnings
Cons
Long hours travel
Salary / Benefits
more fun to assist the passenger
Assist Passenger (Former Employee) –  manila NCRJune 22, 2016
I want to be part of the success in an environment of growth and excellence.the co worker is all kind
Pros
free uniform
Cons
8 hours
A good career path
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  philippinesApril 15, 2016
I have worked as a passenger service agent in Qatar Airways,I am very thankful of the experiences I had in my first job which led me to become more knowledgeable and experienced in handling customers. My job was very hard as there were several shifts and during some technical problems I needed to work 24 hours being one of the junior supervisor. I had to stand everyday and sometimes 24 hours during flight disruption. The management was very supportive and even without getting rest it was enjoyable because of the colleagues. This job made me a better and a responsible person, I was able to identify my strengths and weaknesses. The hard part was controlling an unruly passengers and making him calm at the end of the day, it was challenging but I learnt how to make a rude customer calm.
Pros
career progress
Salary / Benefits
I had a nice internship here. I got the chance to interact with different people and to know about how this company accommodate passengers.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Global City Taguig PhilippinesApril 16, 2014
We start our duty early in the morning and finish depending on the arrival time of the aircraft.
Passenger service agent
Passenger service agent (Former Employee) –  NAIA, MANILA PHILIPPINESOctober 29, 2013
We start our day by pre flight briefings. when the counter open greet and assist the passengers. I learned how to checked the validity of the passport and visas for the entry into the countries of destination. process checked in baggage in hand carried items at the checked in counters and the transfer desk. And the most enjoyable is when the aircraft departs on time.
productive workplace
DNATA Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  NAIA Terminal 1 Pasay CityOctober 26, 2013
it is a 5 star airline giving beyond service whether on the ground or up in the air. as a ground staff it broadens my knowledge on a life fast phasing world. Were people come and go, different interaction with people, a multi-cultural phase.it also widens my knowledge on handling passengers as well as the documents to be check. the most enjoyable part of the job is that everyday is not the same as yesterday because the people you encounter just come and go, you'll get to know different people and assisting them on the service that they need
Salary / Benefits
The place where growth and opportunities arises
Pricing / Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P07August 10, 2013
From the Qatar Airways CEB Station Reservations and Ticketing Agent, I was transferred to being a Marketing and Pricing Agent. The job was a bit tough on me considering that I'm not more of a sales type of person. But it was a challenge. On the marketing side, I am tasked to organize product updates for the Travel Agents to become aware of the new products and service the airline has to offer. I would speak in front of some 50 to 100 people and discuss the new fares and promotions. As a pricing agent, I would regularly start my day by checking on my to do list and see what needs to be done and what has been done. Normally, at the beginning of each month, I make a time frame for the month and the week. Being the station's pricing agent, I conduct investigative reports on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure that Qatar Airways is rightly positioned in the market. I liaise with head office in Doha, Qatar and suggest and propose fares (whether tactical or ADHOC) in relation to other airlines' fares, frequencies, routes and type of aircraft used.

I believe the most enjoyable part of being the pricing and marketing agent, is my self confidence in speaking in front of people has been greatly improved. I was also sent abroad more frequently for trainings and meetings.
Pros
opportunity to climb the corporate ladder is widen
Cons
Long hours and tedious reporting most especially with figures
Salary / Benefits
Productive and challenging working environment
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ninoy Aquino International Airport PhilippinesAugust 6, 2012
Passenger Service Agent
• Handled passengers classified as VIPs, MAAS (Meet and
Assist), YPTA (Young Passengers Travelling Alone), and UM
(Unaccompanied Minor) through immigration, customs and
quarantine areas for both arriving and departing flights.
• Assisting in passenger reconciliation counts at the boarding
gate.
• Checking in passengers with minimum supervision during lean
hours of check-in process.
• Preparing aircraft documentations like General Declaration
(which required the signature and stamp of customs), passenger
manifest and other related documents.
Pros
free meal
Salary / Benefits
A multinational company where you can get excellent work experience.
Senior Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJuly 25, 2012
I worked in Qatar Airways for 12 years and was assigned in the sales department in the last six years. Most days are very fast paced and you need to learn how to multitask and prioritize your work.

I had the oppurtunity to work with a wonderful sales team that is very professional, yet very generous about their time.

Hardest part of the job is when you need to meet deadlines and help clients with their travel needs. Most enjoyable is dealing with different people from all walks of life. You will develop your adaptability and learn from the experience.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
long ours, pressure is always present