Philippine Red Cross Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Volunteer Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ilocos SurNovember 6, 2018
It’s nice to work @ Philippine Red Cross,
every team members are diligent,productive and manned to urgent situation such as fire,typhoon, vehicular accidents & other casualties.
Pros
Free lunch& some free training
absolutely fun
Emergency Response Unit Trainee (Former Employee) –  san fernando city, la nion philippinesNovember 5, 2018
our work as a volunteer was to ensured to response immediate medical services such as vehicular accident, drowning, fire and health conditions needed for immediate medical attention.
Pros
free lunch, meeting other people outside work, helping the needy
Cons
no salry, benefits etc.
Salary / Benefits
Directors are not leaders more as a boss
Head nurse (Former Employee) –  ManilaOctober 28, 2018
Seniority was high
Management style was a hassle
Need to please all the directors
Need patience in dealing with directors
Too many paper works
But the salary was high compare to other company
good environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  manila,philippinesSeptember 19, 2018
main functions fall into four areas: blood collection, disaster relief, aid to soldiers and victims of war, and community education and outreach.The story of the Philippine Red Cross is the story of men and women from all walks of life who have dedicated themselves to the service of humanity. It is the tale of hundreds of thousands of ordinary people who devoted their time and resources to help the poorest of the poor. Professionally trained and truly compassionate, these men and women are ready to lend a helping hand to those in need – whoever, whenever and wherever they may be.
Pros
N/a
Cons
overtime
Salary / Benefits
A fun work place for volunteers
Disaster Management Instructor (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Davao CitySeptember 10, 2018
if you want to enjoy while working this is it. and you can help people while working and you can get tons of experience in this institution in dealing with people and situation
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Volunteer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasig City, PhilippinesSeptember 4, 2018
A very relaxed and friendly environment to work in. Learned a lot of things from my co-instructors that i didnt know about, like additional information on first aid; methods on how to teach; basic water safety tricks and; a lot more.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being around the team. Having fun while learning; never a dull moment with them.
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marikina CityJuly 20, 2018
Duties:
• Serving the unprivileged nationality.
• Helping with disaster relief in critical times of need.
• Participating in Medical Missions.
• Managing blood donation campaign.
• Leadership roles throughout the organization.
Pros
Free Meal & Transportation
Cons
Long Hours Duty
Fun
CHAPTER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionJuly 13, 2018
Nice environment. Work place that you can be with for more years to come. But people around you, will be the game changer, and will make you decide if you still want to stay or not.
Salary / Benefits
This company is something else
Fire fighter (Current Employee) –  Mandaluyong cityJune 28, 2018
working in philippine red cross is great its because you in the worst time and yet your helping others like in a fire senario not all of people can become a fire fighter it take some guts do or bravery do it.
Compensation and salary
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  South CotabatoJune 24, 2018
Good compensation and salary.Need to uplift compensation allowances and benefits. Healthcare benefits and insurances must be updated. More staff must hired to compensate the client versus employee ratio.
Pros
tax free
Cons
schedule of duties
It's a Humanitarian Organization with a great image in Public Service
SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Mandaluyong CityMay 25, 2018
I have learned how to work with different cultures and attitudes of every individual. This company will provide you an open understanding how a humanitarian organization becomes an auxiliary to the Government in alleviating human suffering.
Pros
Travel while Working
Cons
Safety is at risk due to emergency responses
output based performance measurement
Blood Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio Drive, Iloilo CityMay 24, 2018
It is a place where you can collaborate and work in close coordination with your peers in planning, implementing and reviewing of you activities. it is a good place to start a new job
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
Productive workplace. Everything is up for grabs. A healthy environment.
Technical Project Assistant- Shelter (Former Employee) –  Roxas City, CapizApril 26, 2018
We help the community to make sure individuals are well taking care of.It was an interesting job because I was able to give help to those in need of medical assistants. The state government where able to provide transportation means and good facilities that enabled us to have an effective job.
Pros
Fun to be with co-volunteers and the managers are good in caring their volunteers.
Fun & productive
VOLUNTEER/ FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Leyte region 8April 13, 2018
It was fun working or volunteering in philippine red cross, but I quit my job to pursue new opportunities and take new step in my career. As you can see I left in good terms with my former employer as she is one of my references.
Pros
Cons
Unsecured areas
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fund GeneratorApril 12, 2018
I'm just a volunteer to this non-government entity. They have a good management to their employees. They give you allowance when you are on duty and whenever there is a volunteer who has a birthday, they give cakes and other food for the celebration.
Pros
Allowance, free uniform
Cons
Long hours of duty
Productive work place
Emergency Responder (Current Employee) –  Nueva Vizcaya ChapterApril 10, 2018
i work around the clock but not for personal gain, i work as VOLUNTEER that's why i don't receive any salary but as volunteer all the trainings and membership accident benefits are free.
Pros
Free blood processing, Free training
Best learning environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bacolod CityApril 7, 2018
Dynamic people
Best avenue for self growth
Plenty of learning
Able to travel to other places
field operation is the hardest job but the best fullfilment
Work as a team
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tacloban City, LeyteMarch 15, 2018
Since I worked for almost 3 years in the organization, I was able to develop myself in terms of professionalism, and time management. I was also given a chance to be a supervisor like in which I was able to develop my management skills. They give their staff recreational and family day to relax give and make sure that colleagues will work as a team, also to develop teamwork. The only thing that makes our job difficult is that we don't really know whom we should follow since we have a lot of bosses/leaders. But they know how to listen.
Pros
Give their staff sportfest, party, teambuilding that develop team work.
Cons
Less opportunity to develop, since only technical person can avail trainings and seminars.
Volunteer Organization
Standard First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alabang, MuntinlupaJanuary 9, 2018
It is a volunteer based organization. There is a limited number of staff to run the office but most of the manpower comes from volunteers. Specialized volunteers get a small amount of honorarium based on the number of days they render service to the organization.
Pros
Get to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
Not financially rewarding
Helping Others and Very Fulfilling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bohol, PhilippinesDecember 27, 2017
Proactive and Fulfilling
Healthy Environment
Spirit of Volunteerism and Service
Filled with Learning
First Aid and Life Saving Skills
Leadership Skills
Pros
Fulfilling