Philippine Red Cross Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Directors are not leaders more as a boss
Head nurse (Former Employee) –  ManilaOctober 28, 2018
Seniority was high
Management style was a hassle
Need to please all the directors
Need patience in dealing with directors
Too many paper works
But the salary was high compare to other company
absolutely fun
Emergency Response Unit Trainee (Former Employee) –  san fernando city, la nion philippinesNovember 5, 2018
our work as a volunteer was to ensured to response immediate medical services such as vehicular accident, drowning, fire and health conditions needed for immediate medical attention.
Pros
free lunch, meeting other people outside work, helping the needy
Cons
no salry, benefits etc.
Compensation and salary
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  South CotabatoJune 24, 2018
Good compensation and salary.Need to uplift compensation allowances and benefits. Healthcare benefits and insurances must be updated. More staff must hired to compensate the client versus employee ratio.
Pros
tax free
Cons
schedule of duties
output based performance measurement
Blood Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio Drive, Iloilo CityMay 24, 2018
It is a place where you can collaborate and work in close coordination with your peers in planning, implementing and reviewing of you activities. it is a good place to start a new job
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
low salary
Productive work place
Emergency Responder (Current Employee) –  Nueva Vizcaya ChapterApril 10, 2018
i work around the clock but not for personal gain, i work as VOLUNTEER that's why i don't receive any salary but as volunteer all the trainings and membership accident benefits are free.
Pros
Free blood processing, Free training
Salary / Benefits
Fun to be with co-volunteers and the managers are good in caring their volunteers.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fund GeneratorApril 12, 2018
I'm just a volunteer to this non-government entity. They have a good management to their employees. They give you allowance when you are on duty and whenever there is a volunteer who has a birthday, they give cakes and other food for the celebration.
Pros
Allowance, free uniform
Cons
Long hours of duty
Focused
Finance and Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Surigao City, Surigao del NorteJanuary 6, 2019
advocating is our focused, you have to be more knowledgeable on how you manage your time. additionally, you will be trained being Certified First Aider.
Passionate and friendly environment
Practicumer (Former Employee) –  Las PiñasDecember 22, 2018
Philippine Red Cross Las Pinas Subchapter got a good, friendly and passionate employees and volunteers. The employees and volunteers have different wonderful stories that can truely define what passion really means.

Philippine Red Cross gave us the opportunity to experience what is like to be in their shoes. We were able to go to different places and do some regular work a regular employee and volunteer do such as conducting a blood letting activity. We were also able to attend a 4-day training on Standard First Aid and BLS-CPR with AED which is a very fun and comprehensive experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityNovember 10, 2018
A volunteer work in Philippine Red Cross was really a memorable one.It was indeed a very exciting, fun, and productive job for me. It helped me learn new things and interact with other people. It has also been one of my foundation to do my very best in my current volunteer work.
Pros
Free lunch and snack.
Fun Workplace
Volunteer Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marikina CityJuly 20, 2018
Duties:
• Serving the unprivileged nationality.
• Helping with disaster relief in critical times of need.
• Participating in Medical Missions.
• Managing blood donation campaign.
• Leadership roles throughout the organization.
Pros
Free Meal & Transportation
Cons
Long Hours Duty
Fun workplace
Volunteer Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ilocos SurNovember 6, 2018
It’s nice to work @ Philippine Red Cross,
every team members are diligent,productive and manned to urgent situation such as fire,typhoon, vehicular accidents & other casualties.
Pros
Free lunch& some free training
productive
staff (Current Employee) –  philippinesNovember 6, 2018
as a redcross staff may role is to help the people in may area and conduct a simple or basic aid in the community to prevent more accident and prevent mistake.
Salary / Benefits
Great way for self improvement
Community Organizer (Current Employee) –  AklanNovember 10, 2017
PRC is a humanitarian organization that provides aid to those vulnerable groups through it's seen fundamental principles. It aims to have a safer, healthier and resilient communities.
Pros
More benifits
Salary / Benefits
A fun work place for volunteers
Disaster Management Instructor (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Davao CitySeptember 10, 2018
if you want to enjoy while working this is it. and you can help people while working and you can get tons of experience in this institution in dealing with people and situation
good environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  manila,philippinesSeptember 19, 2018
main functions fall into four areas: blood collection, disaster relief, aid to soldiers and victims of war, and community education and outreach.The story of the Philippine Red Cross is the story of men and women from all walks of life who have dedicated themselves to the service of humanity. It is the tale of hundreds of thousands of ordinary people who devoted their time and resources to help the poorest of the poor. Professionally trained and truly compassionate, these men and women are ready to lend a helping hand to those in need – whoever, whenever and wherever they may be.
Pros
N/a
Cons
overtime
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Volunteer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasig City, PhilippinesSeptember 4, 2018
A very relaxed and friendly environment to work in. Learned a lot of things from my co-instructors that i didnt know about, like additional information on first aid; methods on how to teach; basic water safety tricks and; a lot more.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being around the team. Having fun while learning; never a dull moment with them.
Salary / Benefits
enjoying my work in helping others..
Marketing Staff (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 10, 2017
I works 6 days a week daily.. Im enjoying my job promoting the protection and the first aid trainings ive learned in this Organization.. I learned more about talking to people and how you handle a situation in giving first aid.. i also learned how to work for humanity with a heart.. The management is good though my compensation is not enough to provide for my family.. The culture of this organization has thought me so much in helping more others even without so much money with me.. The hardest part of the job is even if your sick, in the name of humanity and if you think they need you, youll be there for them.. The most enjoyable part of the job is how i managed to mingle with each of every person i encounter everyday.. i love talking to people.. i learned so much about every person i talked with..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not well compensated
productive and fun
Youth Instructor (Former Employee) –  philippinesJuly 18, 2018
Its really nice to work in this kind of field . Its like working while helping other people who is in need,. It always give me joy everytime we help other people and as a return with a great smile with full of hope.
Salary / Benefits
with Career and personal growth but low compensation
Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Caloocan CityJuly 28, 2017
Working with the organization enhanced my skills and knowledge about Social Issues and Advocacy work. We are working with the communities before, during and after disasters. Often times, employees had to go over time and work on weekends to extend services in the community.

PRC usually works together with different departments inside the organization. It allows employees to maximize capacities in each department to deliver services to the communities especially during disasters.
Pros
Career experiences
Cons
long hours, low salary
Salary / Benefits
Productive workplace. Everything is up for grabs. A healthy environment.
Technical Project Assistant- Shelter (Former Employee) –  Roxas City, CapizApril 26, 2018
We help the community to make sure individuals are well taking care of.It was an interesting job because I was able to give help to those in need of medical assistants. The state government where able to provide transportation means and good facilities that enabled us to have an effective job.