Philippine Red Cross Employee Reviews

Fun
CHAPTER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionJuly 13, 2018
Nice environment. Work place that you can be with for more years to come. But people around you, will be the game changer, and will make you decide if you still want to stay or not.
Salary / Benefits
This company is something else
Fire fighter (Current Employee) –  Mandaluyong cityJune 28, 2018
working in philippine red cross is great its because you in the worst time and yet your helping others like in a fire senario not all of people can become a fire fighter it take some guts do or bravery do it.
Compensation and salary
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  South CotabatoJune 24, 2018
Good compensation and salary.Need to uplift compensation allowances and benefits. Healthcare benefits and insurances must be updated. More staff must hired to compensate the client versus employee ratio.
Pros
tax free
Cons
schedule of duties
It's a Humanitarian Organization with a great image in Public Service
SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Mandaluyong CityMay 25, 2018
I have learned how to work with different cultures and attitudes of every individual. This company will provide you an open understanding how a humanitarian organization becomes an auxiliary to the Government in alleviating human suffering.
Pros
Travel while Working
Cons
Safety is at risk due to emergency responses
output based performance measurement
Blood Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Bonifacio Drive, Iloilo CityMay 24, 2018
It is a place where you can collaborate and work in close coordination with your peers in planning, implementing and reviewing of you activities. it is a good place to start a new job
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
Productive workplace. Everything is up for grabs. A healthy environment.
Technical Project Assistant- Shelter (Former Employee) –  Roxas City, CapizApril 26, 2018
We help the community to make sure individuals are well taking care of.It was an interesting job because I was able to give help to those in need of medical assistants. The state government where able to provide transportation means and good facilities that enabled us to have an effective job.
Pros
Fun to be with co-volunteers and the managers are good in caring their volunteers.
Fun & productive
VOLUNTEER/ FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Leyte region 8April 13, 2018
It was fun working or volunteering in philippine red cross, but I quit my job to pursue new opportunities and take new step in my career. As you can see I left in good terms with my former employer as she is one of my references.
Pros
Cons
Unsecured areas
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Fund GeneratorApril 12, 2018
I'm just a volunteer to this non-government entity. They have a good management to their employees. They give you allowance when you are on duty and whenever there is a volunteer who has a birthday, they give cakes and other food for the celebration.
Pros
Allowance, free uniform
Cons
Long hours of duty
Productive work place
Emergency Responder (Current Employee) –  Nueva Vizcaya ChapterApril 10, 2018
i work around the clock but not for personal gain, i work as VOLUNTEER that's why i don't receive any salary but as volunteer all the trainings and membership accident benefits are free.
Pros
Free blood processing, Free training
Best learning environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bacolod CityApril 7, 2018
Dynamic people
Best avenue for self growth
Plenty of learning
Able to travel to other places
field operation is the hardest job but the best fullfilment
Work as a team
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tacloban City, LeyteMarch 15, 2018
Since I worked for almost 3 years in the organization, I was able to develop myself in terms of professionalism, and time management. I was also given a chance to be a supervisor like in which I was able to develop my management skills. They give their staff recreational and family day to relax give and make sure that colleagues will work as a team, also to develop teamwork. The only thing that makes our job difficult is that we don't really know whom we should follow since we have a lot of bosses/leaders. But they know how to listen.
Pros
Give their staff sportfest, party, teambuilding that develop team work.
Cons
Less opportunity to develop, since only technical person can avail trainings and seminars.
Volunteer Organization
Standard First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alabang, MuntinlupaJanuary 9, 2018
It is a volunteer based organization. There is a limited number of staff to run the office but most of the manpower comes from volunteers. Specialized volunteers get a small amount of honorarium based on the number of days they render service to the organization.
Pros
Get to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
Not financially rewarding
Helping Others and Very Fulfilling
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bohol, PhilippinesDecember 27, 2017
Proactive and Fulfilling
Healthy Environment
Spirit of Volunteerism and Service
Filled with Learning
First Aid and Life Saving Skills
Leadership Skills
Pros
Fulfilling
Salary / Benefits
It was great working with red cross staff and the beneficiaries
Red Cross Volunteer (Former Employee) –  LeyteNovember 16, 2017
Working in the field with a very nice and cooperative co-workers and the beneficiaries was very fun, the people welcomed us to their barangays really great. Talking to them and knowing the way how they live after the super typhoon hit the place was heart breaking but fun too.
Pros
the people in the community give us free lunches.
Cons
bumpy roads
Salary / Benefits
Great way for self improvement
Community Organizer (Current Employee) –  AklanNovember 10, 2017
PRC is a humanitarian organization that provides aid to those vulnerable groups through it's seen fundamental principles. It aims to have a safer, healthier and resilient communities.
Pros
More benifits
Safety Services
Lifeguard And FA & BLS-CPR Instructor (Former Employee) –  General Santos City, South CotabatoSeptember 26, 2017
Teaching Fist Aide CPR and Emergency Response Training Course.
Team work and Low profile is what a have achieved. Management teach us very well in line to our training's and skills. We have a multi culture facility. Hardest part is getting hungry on a First Aide Station. we train to save lives and i enjoy that
Pros
free lunch
Cons
over fatigue
Salary / Benefits
Productive workplace and many things to learned.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  IsabelaSeptember 25, 2017
One of the best workplace to work with where you will know the true value of team work. When in the field you do not see yourself working. Extending your hands to others is a different kind of feeling.
Salary / Benefits
A good place to start building a career
Safety Services Instructor (Current Employee) –  Baguio City, BenguetSeptember 24, 2017
Good place to exercise my skills in both demonstration and lecture. Its a great place to meet different people of different fields and be able too impart my knowledge on basic life support.
Salary / Benefits
Helps donors in donating their blood
Volunteer, Tagbilaran, Bohol (Former Employee) –  Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines 6300September 13, 2017
-assist client who wants to donate blood
-screen patients if they are able to donate blood
-during blood-letting on cients make sure donors are comfortable as much as possible and give them snacks after they donated
-volunteer on events where a lot of people are concentrated in one area.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
Superiors don't mingle with their team
Salary / Benefits
Very productive and many things to be learnt.
Technical Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bogo City, CebuSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working this kind of humanitarian jobs. I learned more things most especially in how to handle multiple people with different culture and attitude.The hardest part of the job, when management did not listen the problem and queries of the volunteers.Furthrmore, the most appreciatable and forgettable part of my tenure when see the big smile of vulnerable beneficiaries.
Pros
Free everywhere
Cons
Unlimited Hours and days, morning & night