MERALCO Employee Reviews

Best working experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  PasigSeptember 13, 2019
I was able to enhance my recruitment skills, especially when screening applicants interviewing them and being able to process their application from start to finish
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Batangas, PhilippinesSeptember 9, 2019
Good employee benefits despite heavy loads of work. Convenient workplace for office employees. It will help you with your personal and professional career.
will surely learn alot
marketing communications (Former Employee) –  Ortigas PasigMay 27, 2019
good workplace
friendly environment
provides mac computers to use
management is nice
hassle commute
lots of places to hang out
learned a lot
considers
Challenging, Interactive, yet Productive experience
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  PasigMay 20, 2019
I've enjoyed my stay in MERALCO. I would love to work at that company, considering its prosperous success in the industry and its company goals. Working in MERALCO was a memorable experience for me because I was trained to be mindful and to exceed expectations.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Boring experience as my position is only an Intern
Salary / Benefits
Did not enjoyed my stay that much.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Ortigas Center, Pasig City, PHMay 13, 2019
Company is okay with lots of benefits for employees but NOT HIGHLY recommended for everyone. If you're just an intern, better look for another place with your specialization rather than just looking at the company's fame.
Salary / Benefits
It is the best workplace for aspiring electrical engineering careers.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plaridel , BulacanFebruary 7, 2019
Meralco is the largest private sector electric distribution utility company in the Philippines covering 36 cities and 75 municipalities, including Metro Manila. It serves 6.5 million customers in a franchise area covering 9,685 km2, that includes the core of the country’s industrial, commercial, and population centers. Now on its 115th year in service, Meralco is committed to being the total energy solutions provider of choice to the over 6.5 million Filipinos it serves.
Pros
Allowances and travel /trips abroad
Cons
Shifting /broken schedules
Working ENvironment
Jr. Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pasig Rizal PhilippinesJanuary 3, 2019
Daily works required creating, debugging and testing IBM programs in COBOL and ASSEMBLER . I learned how to create programs in COBOL, ASSEMBLER and FORTRAN. MANAGEMENT is new and UNEXPERIENCED. Work place is great meeting new people from all over. Hardest part is learning how to programs expertly and efficiently using TOP-DOWN approach. Enjoyable part is during after office hours to play bowling.
Pros
Learning programming IBM machines in COBOL, Assembler and fortran.
Cons
Debugging PRograms using DUMP outputs and Programming ASSEMBLER.
Good training for students
Trainee (OJT) (Former Employee) –  PasigNovember 9, 2018
I have learned lots of things whether in field work or in office. The first thing to do in field is to be sure that all the things needed is in hand and the safety of everyone. Surveying different sites allow the students to come in places helping me to see an actual inspection for the transformer vault and distribution transformer.
Pros
Great people and good environment
Cons
No salary for OJTs
Salary / Benefits
MERALCO has good atmosphere for working
On the Job Trainee (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 30, 2018
The meralco company has many talented personnel and good atmosphere for working. People are friendly and shares stories about their work. The management treats their worker well but also use strictness when needed.
N/a
Janitorial / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  OrtigasAugust 8, 2018
Meralco is a big company. I worked there as janitor. The shift is 24 hours and we worked for shifting schedule. It was a good company, nice employee and managers.
Employee friendly company
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Pablo City, LagunaJuly 27, 2018
Provides quality customer service it was fun being with meralco. They provide continuous learning not just with the company but also to the people that we encounter everyday
Pros
Good company
Cons
Salary
productive, happy employee
/field inspector representative (Former Employee) –  PasigJuly 24, 2018
process, prepared field order to be inspect on the same day, estimated costumer concern regarding electricity apply and complain, provide house to house actual field inspection on site, deliver actual yellow card inspection report, prepared for the day report to be tag on the computer, .

multi skill knowledge

very good

Very good

removed elect. jumper

salary, gadering
Good workplace
CABLE JOINTER (Former Employee) –  Manila PhilippinesJuly 22, 2018
I have a great time working in Meralco because this is the company that gives me the training of being a line mechanic I've learned a lot on this. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we are working in different places because I like traveling.
Pros
Free uniforms
Productive, Good Job Culture
Metering Services and Asset Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Ortigas PasigJune 7, 2018
Engineers there would often assign me to illustrate certain types of meter using CAD and also update Meralco's database about the location of different residential homes and establishments specifically meralco customers using solar panels. Overall the experiece was amazing because of the very good Job Culture as well as the good training.
Pros
Good Job culture
Meralco
Officer (Distribution Electrical Engineer) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 30, 2018
In Meralco you can practice your profession and do public service. The Company is concerned win the advancement of your profession. They also provide seminars and in-house training.
Pros
Nice environment
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ortigas PasigFebruary 11, 2018
It was fun and a very learning experience. MERALCO gave seminars for their interns which helped us to be honed us to be better and get armed in the real world.
Productive and fun workplace
OJT Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pasig CityOctober 17, 2017
I learned a lot and gained experience during my internship. I also learned how to deal well with other people in the workplace. All of them are approachable.
reputable company
Metering Technician Leadman (Former Employee) –  PasigSeptember 10, 2017
I enjoy working in Meralco because you can learn many things and it has a good salary package.The management is taking care of its employee and all its beneficiaries.
Salary / Benefits
Employees are well taken cared of
Labor and Employee Relations Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ortigas PasigJuly 4, 2017
Employees are well taken cared of. Benefits are amazing and activities are fun and it boists you to do well at work. Work ethic is excellent as well..
Pros
Benefits are excellent
Cons
Semi Heavy Workload
Fun workplace and challenging
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasig CityJune 15, 2017
I work everyday 8am to 5pm.

I learned so many things and gained experience throughout my internship. I learn how to be more productive and professional.

The management is well - organized and confidential.

The workplace is happy and challenging
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MERALCO. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3