Manulife Financial Employee Reviews for Insurance Advisor

Best Place for Early Corporate Experience
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bacolod City, PhilippinesAugust 28, 2017
Manulife is a global company, being more than 100 years servicing the world through Finance. I had a lot of excellent training and overview for early corporate experience which had helped me develop my interpersonal skills, building goals, teamwork and strengthen my critical thinking and analysis.
Pros
Free lunches, great bonus incentives, continuing learning development for agents.
Cons
Nothing that I know, everything is good.
Life Insurance Agent
Life Insurance Adviser (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 25, 2017
My previous job is Insurance Adviser.
I have flexible time. I talk to different kind of people everyday to introduce the benefit of insurance for their lives.
Pros
I am the boss
Cons
Stressful
Exciting job
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Makati CityMarch 26, 2017
This job is not that easy. You need to have many friends that can recommend you to get a insurance. You have to get your target to get a good salary..
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Its your own time
Compensation
Insurance Adviser (Current Employee) –  Makati CityMarch 17, 2017
Commission Based, No additional Benefits such as HMO etc,
Requires a lot of time to build your network since its an Agency.

High Quotas and Targets.
Training is always being provided however self motivation is needed.
Work Place is good.
Salary / Benefits
Provided weekly trainings, computer, fair commission and promos / awards
INSURANCE ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Quezon CityFebruary 12, 2016
- Setting appointment.
- Supportive Unit Manager.
- Education about wealth and protection.
- Comfortable training area.
- Objection from the prospect.
- Yearly Kick-Off Party.
Pros
Free Foods
Cons
Half-day
very professional working environment
Insurance Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P07July 8, 2015
I have been working with this company for 5 years and there is nothing I can say but all great things. With this company, I was able to travel around the world for free and meet people. I was able to assure people of their future financial goals and that is achievement in itself. I was able to learn how to emotionally connect with different types of people and it has made me into a stronger and wiser individual. It has made me more confident. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet someone new and not knowing whether that person will buy your product or not but the worst thing that could happen is you've met someone new. The hardest part of the job is when you process a claim and give a check to their beneficiaries with the heaviest heart. MY co-workers were very hardworking and very fun at the same time. They make the job seemed very easy.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
Flexible Time
enjoyable and productive workplace
Insurance Adviser (Former Employee) –  Ayala Avenue, Makati City PhilippinesJanuary 3, 2014
Manulife provides its sales agents all the necessary tools, trainings and support to make them productive and successful in their career. A typical day at work involves:
-prospecting (sourcing a list of names of possible clients through the natural market or referrals)
- setting up appointments through phone calls
- meeting the client to conduct an interview and needs analysis profile
- make a proposal based on clients needs
- set-up second meeting for presentation of the proposal
- close the sale.
From this job, I learned how to deal with different kinds of people. I enjoyed getting to know clients and friends and answering to their family's need for security and protection. I also learned how important life insurance coverage is for the family.
My manager and colleagues were very supportive and patient in teaching and training us how to handle our clients and how to go about our work.
The hardest part of the job is setting up appointments since most of the time my target clients are busy with their jobs. But through persistence, I can set up appointments with them.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
client's free time may be in the evening or on weekends