Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Philippines163 reviews
Be your own boss.
Being a financial advisor gives you the flexibility to manage to manage your own business. You meet a lot of people whom you share the benefits of being protected.
Favoritism Wins
You get more exposure if you are close to the manager. They have strict policies regarding confidentiality. Like taking pictures inside the production and using Avaya's phone for personal use.
Salary / Benefits
A good place to build your career in insurance industry.
Detailed career plan as an agent and Unit manager
One of the best incentives programs for employees and agents

Diversed offered products and financial programs

Stabe company ( with High Market Capitalization in PH)

Administrative and Sales support are always available

Technology updated
Toxic place
- a typical day at work: normal
- what you learned: many

- management: bureaucratic

- workplace culture: toxic

- the hardest part of the job: meeting targets

- the most enjoyable part of the job: going home
Salary / Benefits
The opportunity of working with people and helping them grow professionally.
A typical day at work meant any time any day of the week, like an on call doctor. I have learned to adjust, adapt, and be confident with my own capabilities and what I could contribute to the organisation. Management had my back most of the time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the top producers who had a high sense of entitlement. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the Sales Management Team would go off to unwind.
Salary / Benefits
Work is so hard but you are well paid for it
I guess, this is the most extravagant company I worked with, so far. Not just because we need to be formal all the time unlike other BPO Company, but they have this huge offer and some incentives that will really make you happy.
Fantastic Agent life
Manulife is by far the nicest insurance company to work with as agents, u dont need to buy the forms etc except for freebies to be given to ur client. And once u get quota u r recognize with gifts and or free travel with pocket money.
Good Company
Working in Manulife is a great opportunity, my intellectual skills, communications skills, and able to work under pressure has developed very well. The people that I am working with were very helpful. You will really see and feel the team work in order to achieve daily goals.
Salary / Benefits
Great avenue for enhancing leadership skills.
Great camaraderie and company activities. I had a great time working with Manulife where I was able to gain more self-confidence and enhance my skills.
Salary / Benefits
manulife is a great company and pays well
manulife is a great company but, since i have a little one to attend at home i deed a job that doesnt require my personal appearance at the office. manulife gives a great compensation with workers who devote their time fully with the company
Big Organization
Culture of Manulife is great. However they do not pay right and also employees are loaded with work that is why there are a lot of backlogs. No career advancement. They hire outside instead of promoting employees.
Good working environment
Nice Company to work at I really love the people and the location is so accessible in everything. I had a wonderful experience working here for how many years and the benefits really good also the yearly appraisal works so good for all the employees.
The Management is great
Salary / Benefits
I learned that you should be patient in work.
They continually request additional paperwork. I spoke with a customer service agent on the phone and she walked me through the entire process. I had issues prior with not submitting enough documents, so I decided I would submit every single document and receipt associated with the claim and they still required more, specifically the name and address of my doctor, which would have been on the initial paperwork. I called again today and was given a completely different method of filing claims, and told to disregard the previous information. This has happened with every single claim, I've never had this issue with other companies.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun workplace to work with other professionals
This is a company who help me build my skills up more in customer service, communications and business writing. The company offers a lot of training for the employees improvement.
Pros
Free trainings
Cons
Very supportive colleagues
Manulife is the best Insurance company for me.
This company provided a lot for me and my knowledge on how to sell products and services the right way and with integrity.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Seasonal earning
Very welcoming environment
It's like everyone knows you. I felt a very warm welcome when i was new. My supervisors are very approachable and very thoughtful. They show great examples on how to do your job
It was great
Unlimited bonus, not a salaried position but if you work well you paid well that I lasted 7 years as a financial advisor. I just had to let it go since I relocated.
Pros
Streams of income
Salary / Benefits
Being a MANULIFE Financial Adviser is a great privilege.
Being a MANULIFE Financial Adviser is a great privilege and an honor.
You will be trained well to be a professional, & a reliable financial adviser. Manulife will help you get a license from Insurance Commission.

It isn't an easy job, you should take it seriously because your clients entrusted their money for their future. Preparing for children's education, retirement, health care, etc..
Productive but no compensation
I learned about documentation and all. Encoding and filing of files. Talking to people and all. It is fun as an assistant but rough day at work. You can have fun
Salary / Benefits
Productive and with fun workplace. And with work life balance.
With career advancement. With Training and courses to offer that will help with the advancement of your career.
Company always find time that the employees have a work life balance.
Salary / Benefits
A company that encourages professional and personal growth
I am so lucky to have Manulife as my first employer after graduation. The company has given me more experience and knowledge I was expecting to gain during my stay.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manulife Financial. Our community is ready to answer.