Makati Medical Center Employee Reviews

Clinic Nurse for Medical Doctor-Patient Consultation Set-Up
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Makati City, PhilippinesAugust 24, 2018
I have worked with an Ophthalmologist and an Endocrinologist in Makati Medical Center. A typical work day is very busy because they have the same clinic schedule and both Specialist is having clinic consultation. Patients come in all at the same time so proper management and trafficking is very important for them to be served with satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is if you encounter a difficult patient where in waiting time is a big deal form them. The most enjoyable part of the Job is that when you encounter kind and generous patients you get to have a nice treat like lunch or a snack.
Pros
Management of time depend on how I worked with it
Cons
salary not that compensated
Time Management Skills
Universal Biller (Former Employee) –  MakatiSeptember 20, 2018
This job really helped me to balance my life. Working in a hospital especially in Emergency Room helped me to manage my time properly. This helped me enhance my speed and communication skills.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Bonus
Exciting
Administrative Staff/Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Makati CityJuly 30, 2018
Aside from the friends I had, everyday is an exciting day for me because I meet different kinds of people and taught me a lot of lessons. Also the compensation is good
Salary / Benefits
Very productive working environment and high end company
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Makati CityJanuary 2, 2019
I worked in MMC for 3 years as Ward Clerk. It was fun because my colleagues are fun and helpful. I am more challenged working with the consultants, residents and the patients. They helped me develop my working relation and professionalism. I gained so much in working in MMC. The only problem is I worked more than 8hrs and then not paid for the overtime pay. You will not be allowed to go on your desired vacation because of lack of staff in the area.
Overall I really had fun and gained so much in MMC. I just have to leave because of career development and I really need to work abroad for my family.
Pros
Team building. Sponsored lunch (sometimes)
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no break bec of heay workload
MMC Review
Senior Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Makati CityMay 14, 2018
A place where you will really grow as a person not only in your skills and also with your personality. The hospital hones a lot of great medical staff which makes this hospital as on how it is right now. Thumbs up for its services and on how they handle their staff's concern.
Pros
Bonus, Incentives, Benefits
Cons
Basic Salary
Great hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Makati CityMay 29, 2018
Challenging environment, highly skilled colleagues, well managed institution, undercompensation, understaffed, overworked employees. Only good for experience opportunities
Salary / Benefits
Productive and Very meticulous when it comes to cleanliness
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manila NCRSeptember 1, 2018
The work starts at 6am and no late. What ive learned is how to get along with different people and have a very long patience. A very strict management but in a good way.
Pros
free 1 polo shirt for OJT
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot of skills
Medical Store Assistant (Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Makati cityApril 21, 2018
MMC helped me a lot to enhance my skills and professionalism. I enjoyed working with other staffs. It is a superb experience for me to work in this institution who gives good benefits to its staffs..and it is trully a hospital with a heart to its patients.
Pros
Good institution
Cons
Shifting
Salary / Benefits
Nice place to work good compensation and benefits
Jr. Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Makati, City, PhilippinesDecember 23, 2018
A premier hospital in the Philippines. Provides a wide array of specialties that caters to every need of patients. at times we need to work for longer hours if need be specially if there is a lack in manpower. But as the management (Radiology) changed, the environment is not healthy anymore.
Pros
free medical consultation, medicines for employees
Salary / Benefits
Very cozy workplace and delivers quality services to patients.
RT Intern (Former Employee) –  MakatiOctober 7, 2018
My 3 months of Internship at MMC was very different fron PCMC. The best word to describe it was "Culture Shock" becaise of the environment, health-care services and the technology. I first experience at MMC on how to extract blood or Arterial Blood Gas because at PCMC we are not the one doing it. I've learned a lot and meet new people with different personalities. I have learned that it nis very important to have a nice and approachable people around you especially in the workplace.

Want to know more about Makati Medical Center?

Ask a question
The best job i ever had
Jr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  MakatiDecember 9, 2018
this is my dream job, if there wasn't any issues with the management i wont ever consider leaving the company., MMC helped me a lot in various ways. it is a company with a heat :)
Excellent
Senior Diagnostic/MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Makati City PhilippinesAugust 25, 2017
Well every is a special day for me, because this is my 2nd family. New experience and inspiration. I love my job and i always work on it. I when I served my patients well and they have lots of smile when they left our department with a very special written comment in our daily satisfactory survey form. The management is very smooth. The hardest part is when the patient is claustrophobic we need to extend the time, but out of 10 patients 9 of them are successfully tolerated the procedures because I accompanied them inside the procedure room and give them moral and attention support.
Pros
benefits are excellent
Good facilities
Medical Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Makati, PHLSeptember 29, 2018
It's always a busy day everyday. The hospital is world class. They perform many tests just like any leading hospitals. The work place culture is good.
Pros
lots of facilities
Cons
expensive cafeteria food
Benefits are great
Universal Biller (Former Employee) –  Makati CitySeptember 4, 2018
In MMC, you'll be able to experience the most toxic work you'll ever have but good thing is that they'll compensate your hard work very well. The management is good.
Salary / Benefits
its my pleasure working here
Medial Scribe (Former Employee) –  MakatiDecember 28, 2018
i am very thankful to experience working here at makati medical center. The staff was very confident on thier job. helping the patients and assisting with a heart.
Pros
free foods from our doctors
Salary / Benefits
Extensive work; poor culture/working environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MakatiFebruary 20, 2018
While there is a vast chance to practice your field of choice, the amount of workload is not balanced with the expectations set by the management. There is no apparent care or concern for the holistic career growth of its employees, not to mention the sickening politics and overemphasis on hierarchy and traditional workplace culture.
Salary / Benefits
very productive. career advancement. continuing education
Team Leader / Senior Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Makati, PhilippinesSeptember 23, 2015
-the best hospital to work in the Philippines
-weekly trainings, exams and seminars honed our pharmacy skills. It was like we never left school.
-the best colleagues
-being able to work with the best doctors and colleagues allowed us to be more competent
-management allow us to have leaves and vacations. Allowing us to breathe and com back to work rejuvenated
-benefits includes free hospitalization for the employees which extends up to our families.
-yearly employee assessment inspires us to work harder
Pros
free hospitalization. continuing education programs
Cons
long hours, short lunch breaks or none at all
Salary / Benefits
productive, effective and professional work place
nursing aide (Current Employee) –  makati cityApril 21, 2015
I have been working for almost a year now at makati medical center with different shift hours and used to adapt with my split rest days every two weeks changing schedule provided in the employee. Our hospital and co- workers possess a sense of professionalism, competitive and ensures the safety of our client at all times. A great experiences and best educations with the hospital. One of my fulfillment in everyday working hours is to provide my best services and 100% satisfaction of the client.
Pros
pro-family benefits and progressive work place
Cons
changes in schedule and split rest days
Salary / Benefits
Challenging but happy work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Makati CitySeptember 5, 2017
Working in MMC is challenging but you can learn a lot of things. Your co-workers will always help you and will give you a lot of advises. Our benefits in MMC is good because it will help you a lot when you get sick. Overall MMC is a good company to work with.
Professional workplace
Senior staff nurse, Neuro-Psychiatric unit (Former Employee) –  Makati, PhilippinesSeptember 20, 2017
The most fruitful experience as a registered nurse is when your patient is able to say thank you to the nursing care that you rendered to him while he was admitted in the hospital
Pros
with benefits
Cons
no fix schedules of work