Maersk Line

Maersk Line Employee Reviews

A diverse and multicultural organization devoted to uphold the 5 core values
Maersk is a great company to work with. It is a fast paced organization that will hone your ability to adapt to changes necessary for the organization's continuous growth.
Happy place to work
very nice working place. they are practicing work life balance. Human Resource people are very approachable. Workmates are very helpful, and the management is very supportive.
Salary / Benefits
This company gave me so much learning opportunities and honed my being to become a leader and can consider this job a successful one in my career path.
Good Company
The company has a great big ships and with the state of the art equipment.And with a period of years working this company has shared me alot of good experience dealing with new technology and system that has tested and applied specially dealing with the environment.As of now i Need to move on to next stage of career as deck officer which has i really need to apply my knowledge and experience..
Salary / Benefits
Good company with strong values
This is an institution with its long history as a shipping company. It has very strong company values and strives to deliver the best for its customers. It has led the industry in R&D and innovations and is always at the forefront of positive change.
Pros
Good work-life balance, not so much for sea-going crew
Cons
It is in a transisition phase and everything seems a bit unstable
Salary / Benefits
I had learned all the basic informations and skills as a future maritime officer someday. The company had given me the chance to experience the real life inside the shipping industry
Very Good Company
They are very organized and they have a wonderful culture and benefits. I loved how international the environment within the company is and I loved how my job connects to the business processes.
Steward/messman
Assist chief cook as and when required, assist c/ck in the proper maintenance, inventory and operation of the galley, pantry and locker stores.
I ensure all areas of responsibilities are kept, tidy, clean, hygienix and well maintained at all times.

I'm practicing my self to become a chief cook.
Pros
Free lunches, etc
Salary / Benefits
Friendly workplace with a cozy pantry for employee
Everyday is a very calm day because as a front desk receptionist i saw everyone coming in with a smile on their face as i greeted them good morning.
i have learned here that you can be a friend even to a managers,because in this company even the managers are very friendly and approachable.

our culture is like a family too,we are helping each other.

the hardest part of the job is none..just happy to work.
Pros
no pressure
Salary / Benefits
Great company that supports their interns
Maersk was one of the few companies who gave allowance to interns and they value their work and effort. The employees in Maersk are very friendly because they attend to all of my questions and helped me finish tasks and make sure that I do the job properly.
Very light working environment
this is one of the best company I ever joined. it was design to become employee friendly environment. it has a program for employees to become more productive and proactive. employees welfare is a proirity.
Pros
family day
Cons
flexible time of duties
Process Expert
Great place to work in, relaxed environment. I manage shipments to and fro Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, and Bolivia in Spanish and French through phone and mail.
Salary / Benefits
Coast cutting, Crew operator contantly changing,
Salary are not good, accounting is not functioning well
Salary are delayed and sometimes a lot of error

Safety practices are high, company are getting big but not the salary, they even reducing the salary
Pros
Yearly gifts durabox ng Christmas
Cons
To much work, and only few crew, less salary
Salary / Benefits
good when it comes to safety
good working environment. focuses more on safety and security,
gives priority to its employee. overall a good company to be in. good and competitive salary.
Salary / Benefits
they have internet on board
good manning company with internet on board and having a proper rest hour every week giving as needs for recreational things like ping pong tables and complete gymnasium tools..
Salary / Benefits
fun worked place with basket ball
1. I learned how to work with safety
3. the hardest part of job is when the ship is rolling

2. The most enjoyable part of job are even in the how hard the job and you see your colleagues that still happy
excellent
My last company was good and a big shipping company in the world for containers vessel MAERSKLINE.I like to find another place for me a new company,thats why im looking for a new company
Pros
Onboard a ship 6 months contract free all
Cons
8 hours a day work at sea, at port 12 hours
Salary / Benefits
Very productive and enjoyable, but far from family
We work 8 hours a day, from 8am to 5pm but overruled when there is an emergency in ship's propulsion machineries.
I have learned to manage my time wisely and to control myself when I feel pressure

We have a good management officers, they treat individuals equally.

The hardest part of the job is when we have a machinery failures and needs an immediate action just not to make any problem in the next schedule of voyage.

The most enjoyable part of the job is, you'll learn a lot about different cultures and new skills because of different nationalities
Pros
Free foods
Cons
N/a
Flat organization, professional culture
Flat organization, professional culture. I like that everyone is in charge of his/her own career here at Maersk. Everybody is competitive and proactive.
Growth
Maersk Line has given me a tremendous amount of growth I never Imagined i would acquire. The company has always been engaged on the welfare of the people and the work culture was great too.
Fun Workplace
Going to the office early,planning ahead because of traffic then
before getting ready for work having some coffee.

I've learned so many things regarding how shipping industry works,

deadlines,rush amendments,customer care,being polite and humble not only to people but to clients as well.

Management well to managers theyre lively as always.

Workplace is a challenge because you get to know and experience

different people on how they approach work.

Hardest about the job for me is sometimes we experience bad day,

meaning your sick and not feeling well when your needed.Thats sad for me.

Honestly the things i learn everyday with regards to work,new SOP, new things about the loads you do,i mean how you do it and make something out of it,thinking what if something made it faster.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maersk Line. Our community is ready to answer.