Kaplan Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Kaplan is a good place to work.
Admissions Sales Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2018
Kaplan is a good place to work. The team is very social and friendly. Management opportunity is not something that is common however lateral moves are possible.
Salary / Benefits
I t was a fun experience since I volunteered for free and gained useful relationships.
Foreign volunteer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 15, 2018
This is not my work. It was a volunteering program undertaken by me for free, which involved the assisting in teaching of spoken English to Vietnamese Blue-collar workers, who work here in Singapore. But it was very useful as I taught as well as learnt many new things. The culture there was very friendly, enthusiastic and casual.The hardest part of the volunteering was making them understand what I was speaking as their English knowledge was lesser than required. But the most enjoyable part was the games we conducted and how we interacted with each other and had fun during each game. It increased our bond and their confidence.
Pros
I enjoyed a free BBQ lunch provided.
Cons
The duration was quite long.
Preety Good
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 13, 2018
Learned a lot but not very organized at first. Helped out in organization and was able to move from accounts payable specialist to accounts payable manager.
Kaplan University
Administrative Assistant,Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 12, 2018
The most enjoyable aspect of working at Kaplan was being surrounded by young people who are just starting to form their own career paths and watching them determine their mission statements.

The hardest part of the job was not being given clear instructions on how to complete select work assignments. I completed all of the work that was assigned to me, however, I felt like the work could have been completed faster on my part if I had been provided with a solid set of instructions.
Pros
Fun workplace culture
Cons
Offsite management team
Long Days; Slow Days; Overinflated deliverables
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 10, 2018
Kaplan was a great place to work when it came to the people I worked with. They were also a great company when it came to making employees feel comfortable and dealt with everything in a professional manner.
Pros
Free Education
Cons
High Stress; All about the numbers
ever-changing, unsteady
Academic Tutor & Employee Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJAugust 9, 2018
Offered a lot to clients during my time there but over time the specific branch of the company I worked for fizzled because they made too many changes and it scared too many clients away; not to mention the insanely high costs of their programs.
Relaxed and easy job.
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
The job was easy-going and non-stressful. I found it rewarding because I was helping people learn and building relationships as well as pushing myself. You meet some incredible people. However, the pay is not great for the cost of living and there are not enough full-time positions available.
Salary / Benefits
Great employee job, awesome student programs
Instructor/Student Advisor, Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
Great training, support, employee recognition. Student programs-top priority. Management was professional, nice and approachable. Good staff/faculty rapport. Over-all this was an awesome experience and a life-changing position.
Pros
great hours, good salary, free pizza.
Cons
some staff turnover, needed more hours.
Salary / Benefits
Very professional and cooperative place to work
Instructor, Brightwood College (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
Everyone was dedicated to the ultimate success of the students. If someone else needed help others would jump in to help. From the Campus President to the newest employee everyone was always helpful and friendly.
Whatever task had to be done someone would make sure it was done or help in getting it done. This even included stopping to pick up any paper that may be in the hallway
Pros
The individuals at the campus level were always positive..
Cons
Distance of the human resource office and the headquarters office
Loving and Supportive
Designated School Official (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 5, 2018
Kaplan was a great step into the working world as a young adult. The company provided excellent tools to build my skills and to hone my education. It prepared me for a diverse work culture.
Pros
friendly staff, career opportunities, effective communication with management
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun place to work.
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 2, 2018
Kaplan is now Purdue Global University. They provide excellent training in you first two weeks and it continues on a weekly bases. Everything is automated and geared to support the employees. Managers are very supportive.
I love it
Manager - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30350August 2, 2018
I was an Application Support Specialist and managed a group of 4 for over 5 years when I had to leave. They sold proprietary technical certification software (Transcender and Self Test Software) and we provided technical support and customer service. I really enjoyed my corporate position, they don't have many jobs like that anymore. Everything can be done online now.
Pros
Good pay, good job, I work my way up from a temp to management.
Cons
No complaints, really
Fun Coworkers, Constant Management Disruption
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 31, 2018
I've survived a lot of major transformations at Kaplan. Although I was secure, I've had to watch a lot of folks leave. I wouldn't recommend it as a great place to work for a new hire.
Pros
Remote / Flexible
Cons
Management Changes, Salary, Work Load, Work-Life Balance
Salary / Benefits
Fun environment, relaxed dress code
Account Manager/Team Lead/Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2018
friendly and fun culture that celebrates every special occasions and turns it into a fun party environment, relaxed dress code and ability to use computers, cell phones and electronics at desk in between calls during down time. You get 1 hour lunch and (2) 15 minute breaks that you take when you are ready during your shift.
Pros
Pros Fun environment, relaxed dress code and ability to use computers and electronics at desk
Salary / Benefits
Productive and very fast pace
Sales driven environment (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 26, 2018
Good company to work for. Management often unprofessional and do not look out for their employees. Often feel like you have no one to speak to. Very good benefits.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Over worked
Great college
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 21, 2018
Learning hands on is a great experience for me and the teachers are great and help u when u need it there are all there to help u meet your goal in life and a great career
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. Paid benefits including health, vision and dental. Paid time off.paid holidays. Great co workers, everyone worked as a team.
Salary / Benefits
Kaplan Divisions are bought and sold
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
Kaplan Divsions are bought and sold and employees can be laid off without notice. The benefits are great, but the work can be stressful. Managers and directors come and go, and may pressure employees.
Great school to attend
Associate of Applied Science - Paralegal Studies (Former Employee) –  StudentJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed my studies at Kaplan. I would recommend Kaplan to anyone looking to extend their education online or on campus. Kaplan University prepared me for my career as Paralegal
Salary / Benefits
Good place for competitive telemarketers
Admissions Advisor (Telemarketer) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 14, 2018
Mostly outbound calls to qualify interested candidates for online education. Screening process on the phone to qualify candidates lasted 15-30 minutes, then to walk through the 23-step admission process took another 30-40 minutes. Lots of candidates should not be admitted, but pressure is on to enroll almost anyone and everyone. You are selling a dream.
Pros
Good management, good processes
Cons
Evening and weekend hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

3.6Salary / Benefits