Kaplan Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,561 reviews
Major Structural Re-Organizations ... every 2 years
Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 17, 2019
Change has become a theme at Kaplan Test Prep. Major re-organizations including layoffs, while other teams quietly let people go without replacing them. Career path is impossible to navigate unless you have a "champion" to guide you.

Management lacks accountability. Need training and professional development for multiple tiers of leadership.
Great Company to Teach For
Instructor, NCLEX Test Prep (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEJanuary 11, 2019
Education was thorough, support and ongoing education is great. Love the use of technology along side face-to-face teaching opportunities. I do wish there were retail NCLEX review classes offered in Maine, I would love to teach those.
Pros
Ongoing support and education
Cons
Classes aren't as frequent as I would like
Salary / Benefits
Kaplan is a what have you done for me lately type of company
Senior Graduate Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Kaplan is metrics driving, it all about hitting your quota. and as far as advancement goes. It's about who you know than what you know and accomplished.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No real advancement opportunity
Great until it wasn't
Addmissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Kaplan University is a great career, I worked as an Admissions Advisor and my task was to assist students with the enrollment process. Kaplan is an online school so all the interactions you have with students is on the phone. The worst part of the job was cold calling from a list of prospects. The best part was hearing from a student that they loved their decision to go to school and pursue their dream. If it was not for a Layoff that happened I may still be working there.
Pros
Paid Training, Cafeteria with great food, Awesome People, Sense of Accomplishment for helping students
Cons
Cold calling prospects, Felt like a call center at times
Great Company Culture
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 7, 2019
The culture at Kaplan is great. However, there's lack of career advancement. The management is nice and the hardest part is the uncertainty at the job.
Pros
Great Benefit Package
Cons
Lack of advancement
Good Place To Work
Software Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
Kaplan was a good place to work. Responsible for software development as a member of a cross-functional delivery team
Worked closely with product owners, business analysts, quality analysts, and others to design, develop, and test software solutions
Designed, coded, debugged, optimized, and released both frontend and backend components as well as internal tools
Performed code reviews of pull requests
Wrote and maintained unit, integration, and acceptance tests
Identified and recommended where increased automation, performance enhancements, application enhancements, and quality enhancements may be incorporated
Kept current with emerging technologies and technological developments within the industry
Fun
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Great flexible company with fantastic training programs .
Good support teams
Excellent teaching tools
Curriculum is challenging and students are fun to work with
Admissions and Academic Advisor
ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Worked at Kaplan as an Admissions Advisor and as an Academic Advisor for several years. Enjoyed the work place environment. Great working with colleagues and management.
Salary / Benefits
Was ok. Great environment to learn how education works.
National Admissions Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 25, 2018
Enjoyed fast pace environment. However, I prefer online division over brick and mortar. Online team had a concise means of development and encouraged growth.
The KAMP - KAPLAN ADMISSIONS MANAGEMENT PROGRAM was very thorough and great vehicle to.advance in one career.
Was attending school internship
Student Intern, Capstone (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 24, 2018
Was internship work 6 month of internship, school is great, we work together as a group. We had to examine case created brief present to the class on line.
Salary / Benefits
Fast paced, daily working with students to achieve their academic goals.
Supervisor, Student Finance (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 17, 2018
At Kaplan College our jobs were to meet daily with student to create financial plans that would assist student in meeting their academic goals. Also worked with Veterans to create financial plans utilizing their veterans benefits. I met with all outgoing graduates to complete their financial exit interviews in class room setting or one on one.
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  TXDecember 17, 2018
Productive work environment
fun and engaging for students and employees
positive workplace culture
challenging tasks
multitask skills are a must

Mission driven
Pros
High standards
Cons
long work hours
Great place
Teacher and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2018
Kaplan was incredible to work for. They provide a lot of training and and encouragement for their employees. It was awesome to work with students and my co-workers.
Busy work environment
education Advising (Current Employee) –  ft lauderdaleDecember 13, 2018
Partner with students at Purdue University Global to help them achieve academic success responsibilities include but are not limited to: Helping students identify challenges on their path
to graduation and resolving any immediate issues or concerns the students may have. Answer questions about students program and assist with any academic concerns that the student may have.
not for profit
Director of Clinical Education (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 12, 2018
I would not recommend. I did not like the work environment of the CEO. I typical day was pretty easy, but I did not like the stress on how to do my job. There was a lot of mircomanaging.
Pros
nice people
Cons
stressful
Poor company culture.
Career Specialist/ Alumni Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 10, 2018
Draining. Poor company culture. Poor management with little flexibility. Pay was decent. Micromanagement, unable to make decisions, would not explore new ideas.
Pros
Free education.
Kaplan closed
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2018
Not very happy with this company as it closed and i lost my job because they couldn't stay open for business. Very disappointed campuses closed throughout Indiana.
Micromanagment and stressful place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 10, 2018
the worst place to work with.
They ask you to stay there for more than 9 hours per day, it's a call center environment, calling people all day long, the crazy manager is listening all your calls, they track your computer and Skype messages.

They ask you to work weekends but is not an obligations, the problem is that if you say no, probably you are not going to get new leads to sell, so probably you are going to lose your Job in less than 3 month.

if you go to the bathroom you have to put on the system so they can track you... yeah sound crazy and it is!

all the other department are nice , but if you work for LATAM probably you are going to see all of this practices.

I worked there and saw people leaving every month, they hired you to fired others.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagment, long days, weekends, stressful environment, rotation every month
Kaplan
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2018
Kaplan was a good place, although the work life balance was very demanding. The hardest part of the job was upper management and the disorganization..
HVAC Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2018
This was a overall great experience for me. The only part that might have been a little difficult is the fact that I had many students that weren't able to complete the course due to outside obligations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

3.6Salary / Benefits