Kaplan Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Good jobs for on campus students
Campus Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2018
Free access to study rooms and lots of education on the pre-professional application process. Communicate with a wide variety of students in various fields of study so it's a very comprehensive sell. Most students are seeking help, so it's rewarding to find a program that fits their needs to ensure future success.
Horrid Leadership, Constant Fire Drills, and People Just Wanted to Get Out
Associate Registrar/University Policy Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
It was a true horror show. Management cared about collecting federal financial aid dollars more than educating students. The academics did their best to counter this, but were constantly overruled. After all, when you have to look out for shareholder value, only shareholders are valued.
Productive workplace
Military Programs-Education Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2018
There are changes abound on a global scale, which create much uncertainty as to the future of the operation. Seemingly the historical performances of the team will garner a bright future, however, change seems inevitable, and security is constantly an unanswered question.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
no where to move up
Good School And Fast Paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 15, 2018
Love how fast and easy it was to get my degree. i do recommend that people look into the school and see what they are all about and see the different programs that they offer.
Salary / Benefits
Was great, but campus closed
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed working here however, the campus I worked for closed. It was a great place for a recent business graduate. Management could have been better.
Salary / Benefits
Challenging and rewarding work environment that fosters a great culture
Manager, Student Experience, Sydney NSW (Current Employee) –  Sydney, New South WalesJune 9, 2018
I have worked for Kaplan for 16 years and enjoy the culture, people, environment and the various roles I've held. Kaplan has been very supportive of me and my career development and consider it a great place to work.
Pros
Fruit provided daily, great culture
Loved It
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2018
This was my first job since I graduated high school and I needed the extra money. Loved going to school and working there, just upset that the school was shut down.
Job
Information Technology Faculty Professor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2018
The place felt like it could shut down at any moment. The management was poor and progressively got worse as it continued to change year after year. work hours are nice though
Great company incentives
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 5, 2018
As an admissions advisor I contacted students on a daily basis, assisted them with the enrollment process into the degree or certificate program(s) of their choice. General office duties included but not limited to, answering incoming calls, following up with potential future students, assisting new students as well as existing students regarding their educational needs. Spoke with my supervisor or team lead on enrollment status on a daily basis. Achieved, and maintained weekly, monthly goals, and sales metrics.
Student focused
NCLEX Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 31, 2018
Kaplan is very concerned with how students learn. They strive to provide support electronically and in person. The use of the new class support is phenominal
Pros
Good training and management
Cons
Not enough hours seasonal work teaching NCLEX
Flexible Work Schedule; very poor training
SRM (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2018
Good place to work for people who are in underrepresented groups; Kaplan employees seem to work hard at affirming difference; Kaplan is not a good place for entry level employees. Training is 100% remote and virtually 100% module-guided. Furthermore, Kaplan undergoes rapid transitions which can make understanding the nature of the work and its culture a never ending pursuit.
Expérience culturelle
Stage linguistique (Former Employee) –  EnglandMay 31, 2018
Découverte du pays et de la culture anglophone en plus de l'amélioration de la langue française
relaxed
Student Finance & Career Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2018
It is a great environment great management well the ones I have come across. As long as you are getting work done and meeting deadlines you pretty much work at your own pace. In my role I was always available to learn roles and skills which was great. Kaplan as brung me a long away and have helped me develop many many transferable skills.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
The Interns are left out of a lot of of campus activity's
Salary / Benefits
Great place to work, would highly recommend it
Medical Instructor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 24, 2018
This was a very fun place to work. The students were eager to learn. The staff was the best. They each bent over backwards to watch the students succeed in the field of study.
Cut throat, Very Competitive, Expected to meet unrealistic goals every month
Student Loan Counselor (SLC) (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLMay 23, 2018
Everyone was always very friendly and helpful and location was nice. Loved helping students with their loans. In retrospect, management was very shady. If you did not meet your goal every month, after the third time, you would be terminated, no matter how long you have been with the organization. Very cut throat environment because management set high unrealistic goals to meet on a monthly basis. The managers also need more training on how to speak to their employees.
Pros
Good benefits, good working hours, help pay for education
Cons
Poor management skills, VERY stressful, don't appreciate their employees
Kaplan Culture
Property and Casualty Instructor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 22, 2018
I am really not aware of any. From my post, I am a virtual employee. No one calls or checks on me which is fine. I many times am not aware of who my manager or direct lines of supervision are.
Great energy
NCLEX Part-Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  MontanaMay 21, 2018
Working as a seasonal employee as NCLEX Faculty did not provide all the hours I desired, but the training was professional and excellent and I desire to remain a part of this part-time seasonal work.
Pros
Attentive to assist when needed
Cons
Seasonal
Good at times
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2018
As a teacher, I had a great time educating my students, but as I kept getting promoted to Program director and then Assist. Director of education (which I move out of town for) only to have my job taken away and demoted to to school size.
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
Nothing to say
Salary / Benefits
Good place to work if given the right training
Student Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 16, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. Co workers and very friendly and helpful. Was working a contract said that they would make several temps permanent but that never happened
Pros
free lunches by management
Cons
required degree for position but not temp work
Salary / Benefits
Decent time with good colleagues.
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2018
Good Employees overall. Favoritism and cliques. You cannot grow if you are not a part of them no matter how talented you are.
You better make the goal to stay in your role!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Favoritism and cliques.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

3.6Salary / Benefits