Being a project engineer
most enjoyable part of te job:
- When you see the project finishes on time and as per plan and celebrating it with my manpower. Also, every time when we have money, we fund it for us and then buy foods. Spending time with my colleagues and engineers at site.
hardest part of the job:
- When you are delay with your projects and being scolded by your boss and client. Also, ensuring safety issues with construction issues.
typical day at work:
- go to site at 7am. Safety Talk and scheduling of workload. Report to Client's Management and General Contractor for issues and concerns. Site monitoring and coordination with other subcontractors and our manpower. Meeting at the end of the day to be reported to the General Contractor. Text my boss for daily update.
what you learned:
- I learned to be with different kinds of people and how to handle them.
- We must always plan before we act.
- Safety First before anything else
-I learned all about planning, documentation, turn over phase, quality assurance and testing in commissioning relation to elevator.
- general knowledge with the work of the other subcontractors especially those who have interface with us (CCTV, FDAS, BMS, RFID)
- Always follow up
- very harsh but very good experience
- we lack engineers so its hard to manage many projects at a time especially big projects.
13th month, 14th month (anniversary bonus), midyear bonus, project incentives