InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 143 reviews matching the search See all 2,802 reviews
Learn How To Appreciate your Employee
Reservations Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 10, 2019
Pros:

Friendly Colleagues
Great Environment
Good Pay
A lot of Discounts and Perks

Cons:

Retirement Fund is voluntary
LACK OF APPRECIATION
They focus on your mistakes
Fun workplace
Reservations-Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baguio City, BenguetJune 30, 2019
A very fun workplace, not so stressful compared to other call centers. Most of the people are very friendly and helpful. Salary is very competitive and lots of incentives.
Pros
free food
Cons
Na
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun environment. We have a mini gym beside our pantry. There's a massage chair and a table to play table tennis.
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Makati CityMay 13, 2019
InterContinental Hotels Group is a very good company who looks after not just only to their guests but also to the employees. There is also a life work balance since they provide 30 days vaction leave every year where you can use it anytime.
Pros
8hrs a day including breaks and lunch
Cons
Schedules will be based on rankings
non call center experience
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Baguio City, BenguetMay 13, 2019
IHG is not like a call center culture. IHG does not have clients because they are the clients directly. The job was easy. We can just simply talk to the President, her office is just a walk from our stations. The hardest part of the job is to make sure customers are going to make a reservations and the most enjoyable at the same time if you get to book the room.
Pros
hazard pay provided / leave credits
Cons
it was not my forte
good company
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 16, 2019
I worked there as reservation agent for the Intercontinental hotel all over the world. Hotel Reservations, is really enjoyable part of my job and the hardest part is the shift schedule.
Productive and fun work.
HR Trainee (Former Employee) –  Baguio City, BenguetJanuary 8, 2019
IHG have this family culture in them. Like all department are linked and united. The HR department, as to where I assigned, was both educational and fun for me. The employees are nice and the establishment is great.
Salary / Benefits
great place to learn the hotel skills and culture..
Room Attendant/Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Makati PhilippinesDecember 3, 2018
appreciate the learning and desire to work in hospitality and customer oriented environment.. the tools i learned in this place will always stay with me.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
my first time job in manila
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Makati CityNovember 26, 2018
7 days a week,as a apprentice we atre 5 months having a contract.i learned a lot in this company ...as a weel known hotel in the philippines one of the biggest hotel in the country,and as a house keeperi am the who responsible to clean inside the room that giving assignm of my superrior.be honest and kind to all guest in the hotel.the most enjoyable part of the job is when our bosses give a bonus and having a party like xmas party.
Pros
allowonce for meals
Cons
8 hous a day
Excellent Job Culture
Project Recruiter (Former Employee) –  MakatiNovember 20, 2018
InterContinental Hotels Group is a fun place to work with. It has a nice surroundings and an excellent job culture. Great learning each and everyday! I love to be in this company.
Salary / Benefits
Amazing employeees and company culture.
Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Makati CityNovember 20, 2018
Working in IHG has been one of the greatest employment experience I've had. The employees were very encouraging in a sense that they always provide feedbacks on the job that lead to personal and professional improvement. Moreover, they provide a lot of perks and benefits even to their interns.
A Fun Place
Back Office Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  PHNovember 6, 2018
there is a lot of activities to keep the staff engaged and happy, benefits are on of the best there is as it is patterned in its western main counterpart.
Top Workplace
Analytics (Current Employee) –  MakatiOctober 26, 2018
Great company culture that attracts like minded people. Impressive focus on employee relations and personal/career growth; responsible in business and the environment
Pros
Flexible working hours (Analytics)
Salary / Benefits
Positive work culture and supportive staff
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  BenguetOctober 16, 2018
Over-all, working for the company has been positive- supportive workmates and useful benefits. The time is also flexible along with your performance and the benefits and compensation is reasonable.

The typical day at work at IHG- is not hazardous, it did provide the writer with substantial experience in the field of Hotel Management as well as Reservaton Sales;
Management- Supportive
Culture- Positive
Hardest Part of the Job- the constant shifting of work schedule
Most enjoyable- team-building activities
Pro Employee company
Reservations Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative RegionOctober 15, 2018
With IHG, there is no discrimination. The working environment was a lot of fun. Everytime you enter the workplace, you feel you belong even if you are new. All are very welcoming.
The job itself is easy however there are key performances you have to achieve each week which some of them i can say not fair on the specialist's part. These nine key performances will have a direct impact on your employment.
Pros
free shuttle, family gatherings, freebees, raffle promo, Hmo, a lot of give aways for employees
Cons
key performace objectives/metrics
ihg
E-Contacts Specialist (Former Employee) –  makati, philippinesOctober 10, 2018
learned a lot in reservations, hospitality services, website, rewards points, and the culture.

company gives a lot of freebies and trains staff. it is diverse culture and will give you more knowledge on how to handle a customer
Pros
freebies all the time
worl life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 30, 2018
celebrating differences and culture. excellent management, provide leadership and management development by online courses. Maintain open door policy with the management.
Good quality
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  HousekeepingSeptember 26, 2018
Good quality and standard
Nice place (all function rooms,ballroom,lobby,poolside)
hospitality
perfect vacation in all guest
all comfort rooms clean
all rooms clean
very effective nurses
General Practitioner (Former Employee) –  RCBC building, Makati city, PhilippinesSeptember 23, 2018
of all the clinics I have worked for, IHG is one of the closest to my heart. I had good relationship with my effective and efficient nurses, my patients were all so nice. The only thing which I think needs improvement is the clinic itself. The clinic only has 2 beds which are very close to each other. The consultation desk is just beside the other bed and doesn't have any division. The rest are okay.
Pros
kind and nice nurses
Productive and Fun workplace
Compensation and Benefits Intern (Former Employee) –  Makati CitySeptember 9, 2018
I was able to learn more than I have expected. My supervisor is on-hands with teaching me the details that I need to learn within the department. The other employees in the HR Department as well as their Director are very accommodating and approachable.
Work Culture
Kitchen Intern (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 2, 2018
At Intercontinental Hotel - Manila, Philippines, employees treat each other with fairness and respect and always pushes one another to do better in our job.
Pros
Free employee meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2