InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 2,558 reviews
non call center experience
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Baguio City, BenguetMay 13, 2019
IHG is not like a call center culture. IHG does not have clients because they are the clients directly. The job was easy. We can just simply talk to the President, her office is just a walk from our stations. The hardest part of the job is to make sure customers are going to make a reservations and the most enjoyable at the same time if you get to book the room.
Pros
hazard pay provided / leave credits
Cons
it was not my forte
good company
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 16, 2019
I worked there as reservation agent for the Intercontinental hotel all over the world. Hotel Reservations, is really enjoyable part of my job and the hardest part is the shift schedule.
Salary / Benefits
great place to learn the hotel skills and culture..
Room Attendant/Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Makati PhilippinesDecember 3, 2018
appreciate the learning and desire to work in hospitality and customer oriented environment.. the tools i learned in this place will always stay with me.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
low salary
Salary / Benefits
my first time job in manila
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Makati CityNovember 26, 2018
7 days a week,as a apprentice we atre 5 months having a contract.i learned a lot in this company ...as a weel known hotel in the philippines one of the biggest hotel in the country,and as a house keeperi am the who responsible to clean inside the room that giving assignm of my superrior.be honest and kind to all guest in the hotel.the most enjoyable part of the job is when our bosses give a bonus and having a party like xmas party.
Pros
allowonce for meals
Cons
8 hous a day
Excellent Job Culture
Project Recruiter (Former Employee) –  MakatiNovember 20, 2018
InterContinental Hotels Group is a fun place to work with. It has a nice surroundings and an excellent job culture. Great learning each and everyday! I love to be in this company.
Salary / Benefits
Amazing employeees and company culture.
Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Makati CityNovember 20, 2018
Working in IHG has been one of the greatest employment experience I've had. The employees were very encouraging in a sense that they always provide feedbacks on the job that lead to personal and professional improvement. Moreover, they provide a lot of perks and benefits even to their interns.
Top Workplace
Analytics (Current Employee) –  MakatiOctober 26, 2018
Great company culture that attracts like minded people. Impressive focus on employee relations and personal/career growth; responsible in business and the environment
Pros
Flexible working hours (Analytics)
Salary / Benefits
Positive work culture and supportive staff
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  BenguetOctober 16, 2018
Over-all, working for the company has been positive- supportive workmates and useful benefits. The time is also flexible along with your performance and the benefits and compensation is reasonable.

The typical day at work at IHG- is not hazardous, it did provide the writer with substantial experience in the field of Hotel Management as well as Reservaton Sales;
Management- Supportive
Culture- Positive
Hardest Part of the Job- the constant shifting of work schedule
Most enjoyable- team-building activities
Pro Employee company
Reservations Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative RegionOctober 15, 2018
With IHG, there is no discrimination. The working environment was a lot of fun. Everytime you enter the workplace, you feel you belong even if you are new. All are very welcoming.
The job itself is easy however there are key performances you have to achieve each week which some of them i can say not fair on the specialist's part. These nine key performances will have a direct impact on your employment.
Pros
free shuttle, family gatherings, freebees, raffle promo, Hmo, a lot of give aways for employees
Cons
key performace objectives/metrics
worl life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 30, 2018
celebrating differences and culture. excellent management, provide leadership and management development by online courses. Maintain open door policy with the management.
Good quality
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  HousekeepingSeptember 26, 2018
Good quality and standard
Nice place (all function rooms,ballroom,lobby,poolside)
hospitality
perfect vacation in all guest
all comfort rooms clean
all rooms clean
very effective nurses
General Practitioner (Former Employee) –  RCBC building, Makati city, PhilippinesSeptember 23, 2018
of all the clinics I have worked for, IHG is one of the closest to my heart. I had good relationship with my effective and efficient nurses, my patients were all so nice. The only thing which I think needs improvement is the clinic itself. The clinic only has 2 beds which are very close to each other. The consultation desk is just beside the other bed and doesn't have any division. The rest are okay.
Pros
kind and nice nurses
Productive and Fun workplace
Compensation and Benefits Intern (Former Employee) –  Makati CitySeptember 9, 2018
I was able to learn more than I have expected. My supervisor is on-hands with teaching me the details that I need to learn within the department. The other employees in the HR Department as well as their Director are very accommodating and approachable.
Work Culture
Kitchen Intern (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 2, 2018
At Intercontinental Hotel - Manila, Philippines, employees treat each other with fairness and respect and always pushes one another to do better in our job.
Pros
Free employee meals
Salary / Benefits
One of the best companies in the world; very employee - centered
Hotel Reservations Sales and Customer Care (Former Employee) –  BenguetAugust 2, 2018
InterContinental Hotels Group is one wherein employees come to work day after day because of the company itself. Even if at times, the job gets monotonous, especially in the sales department, there's just no reason to not want to work for IHG. The culture here, the people, they are there to support you, to want you to love what you're doing.
Pros
Work - Life Balance, various programs and activities to engage employees, work environment is awesome, committees that are non-work related as well
Cons
Job can be monotonous at times, but still, one of the best companies out there
An excellent workplace
Hotel Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  MakatiJuly 29, 2018
I had such a wonderful experience in this company. Colleagues are all nice, fun and peaceful environment, good benefits and salary, and additional incentives are worth working for.
Pros
Medical benefits, incentives, peaceful environment, career growth
Salary / Benefits
A hotel located in the busiest business area in Philippines
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 28, 2018
I worked as a Banquet server, since it is located in my home country most of the staffs are Filipinos. We do shifting schedules depends on the events that we need to cater.
Pros
free meals
Productive and fun workplace
Analytics Consultant (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 25, 2018
You'll learn a lot and develop your skills. You have worklife balance, you have the flexibility in terms of your time and how you'll manage your workload. You are surrounded with talented and amazing teammates.
Salary / Benefits
Appreciate employee and has a good working environment
Customer Care Repe/Reservation of IHG Rewards Club (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 19, 2018
• Appreciates employee
• Has a good working environment
• Nice management
• Good benefit
• Learned how to do reservations
• Able to talk to different nationalities around the globe
• They have room to grow
• Has a work life balance environment
Great culture.
Reservations Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baguio City, PhilippinesJune 7, 2018
People are great and friendly. It is always fun to go to work. I love coming to work knowing that I will be seeing my friends who are already my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2