Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews in Manila

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 4,566 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Good company and benefits but low job security
Engineer (Former Employee) –  ManilaOctober 25, 2019
Each project has its own level of stress at work. Typical day could be a series of meetings if you are in the lead position. Concern in the company is mainly job security because you can be removed easily especially if you are contractual. But if you are looking for a good environment and work life balance, this should be the company you need to experience.
Flexible time
SENIOR PIPE STRESS ENGINEER / DESIGN ENGINEER 2 (Current Employee) –  ManilaAugust 15, 2019
The company has a culture of work life balance which I really think its important to us and to those have family like me. Great place to work and at the same time to learn.
Work/Life Balance and Competitive Salary
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  ManilaApril 13, 2019
Great Company , promotes work life balance among its employees.
They support employees on personal development has a competitive salary package.

The downside is Job Stability.
Pros
Great Company-Promote Work Life Balance, Competitive Salary
Cons
Job Stability
Salary / Benefits
Well known, well organized EPC company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila PhilippinesJanuary 10, 2019
Fluor is a very well organized EPC company which is among the top EPC companies in the world. They have so many offices worldwide. I'm fortunate to have worked in Fluor's Manila office. The management takes care of the employees very well. Fluor's repuation in the engineering industry is very good.
Great for fresh-graudates
Associate Design Engineer III (Current Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 4, 2018
The transition from university to corporate life is not difficult for fresh-graduates because of continuous learning culture and strong promotion of work-life balance in the company.
Pros
Training Programs, Work-Life Balance, Working Hours
Cons
Politics, Objective Performance Assessment, Few Foreign Assignment Opportunities
Workplace with balance.
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 13, 2017
This company really have work, life and balance. They made sure that the employees don't just work but also enjoy. The have so many sports fest and competitions among employees and other companies. Amnbiance is good and time is not a big issue. Just make sure to deliver the deliverables on due time.
Pros
Flexi-time, free trainigs, sports fest
Salary / Benefits
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Structural Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manila, FilipinasJuly 27, 2017
Muy buena empresa, la mejor en Chile en Proyectos para la Gran Minería
Pros
Indemnización sin tope
Cons
Inestabilidad
Fulfilling job
Piping Materials Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJune 13, 2017
Fulfilling job for an Engineer. Work life balance was an important part of the work place culture and our schedule included Friday - off (every other week) and flexible time. Job security depended on available projects at that time and advancement may be difficult without incoming project. But, overall, a great workplace with many good people.
Pros
Flexible time, Working Schedule, experience
Cons
Advancement, Job Security
No worklife balance.
Desktop Publisher (Former Employee) –  manilaMay 20, 2017
Manager doesn't follow the process. Because of that, we need to rework some of the proposals. Also, overtime is sometimes up to 7 hours. Not fair treatment between morning and night shift. Not balance workload given.
Salary / Benefits
great place to start your career
Estimator (Current Employee) –  ManilaApril 26, 2017
Great place to start but not to to stay long. Flexible working hrs. Great place to learn with numerous sources. Some great people you will meet along work.
Fluor Sasol Piping Department
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 17, 2017
Flexible Time
Good salary package
Good working environment
Advance tools in Engineering and design
Provide training for career growth
Benefits is satisfactory
Pros
Flexible Time
productive and fun place
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 11, 2017
good working environment and great people. management is okay. it will helps your career grow and you will learn a lot. fun workplace. a good company to be working with.
Salary / Benefits
Very systematic company when it comes to work flow
PRINCIPAL CIVIL/STRUCTURAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippnesFebruary 16, 2017
I like this company because in a systematic ways of work, from coordination to giving and sharing information to each other. All benefits to their employee were given...food, transport, insurances. They are also concerned with the personal needs of their employee when it comes to family matters.
Pros
All benefits are provided
Cons
no cons
Salary / Benefits
Good work life balance, emphasize company values, generally can work well with other employees
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manila, PHilippinesDecember 26, 2016
In Fluor, we have an alternate Friday-off working days. Mondays thru Thursdays we render 9 hours a day of work, and 8 hours during Friday on, for a total of 80 hours every 2 weeks.

Majority of the employees are project based, with contracts co-terminates with his current project. If project is shortened, your employment is also shortened and similarly when the project is extended your employment is also extended. This is what the management has strategized to minimize overhead costs, but somehow disadvantageous to contract and project based employees.However, key performers are given chance to be probationary and eventually get regularized.

There is plenty of oppurtunity to learn new things as the Company allows you to handle pakages, jobs that you have not handled before. This is the case for me when I handled the Metering package, first time in Fluor.

My co-workers mostly have an overseas employment history, and the level of competence is comparable to those that are home based. Generally easy to work with and willing to learn from seniors.

The hardest part of the job is the time difference between the Manila office and Home office, usually in USA or Europe, where some issues are only resolved later than it should.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when project management recognizes your hard work by giving Spotlight Award, with some money rewarded.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Project-based employment
Salary / Benefits
Relentless in pursuit of safety and quality
Designer I (Current Employee) –  Manila, PHSeptember 6, 2016
Fluor is one of the best engineering companies to work for. Fluor prioritizes it's people safety while producing the best quality possible.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Project based contracts
Salary / Benefits
A very competitive company and one of the best EPC company.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 17, 2016
Everyday is sharing of knowledge and helping each other. I have learned a lot in this company especially in design and I learned many engineering software using in design. Management is fair to all employees they make sure everyone is all equal. The hardest part of the job was when I'm starting in design because I don't have experienced that time in design so I need to adjust little by little especially in using engineering design software or applications.. The most enjoyable part was when I started to appreciate what I'm doing and I understand the step by step procedure how to design.
Comprehensive work experience
instrumentation and control engineer (Current Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2016
One of the great things about my job is I get the opportunity to explore and enhance my potential by working in various projects and tasks and be able to stepped up to the challenge of leadership and delivering solutions to our Clients.

At Fluor, the workplace is diverse. Everyone is encourage to work as one and collaborate for quality and success of both the company and client projects
Great large company
Tier 2 Service Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesNovember 23, 2015
Good company, compensation, staff, management and work life balance. Nice place to work and for advancement of your skills and expertise.
Pros
Large well organized company, great learning environment.
Cons
Long Hours, Changing Schedule
Salary / Benefits
lots of opportunity to learn
Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, P00October 2, 2015
salary is average but lots of good people and opportunity to grow professionally and learn technically. the company needs to invest more in the employee.
Great work-life balance
Associate Structural Design Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesSeptember 7, 2015
Great work-life balance, fun co-workers to be with, lots of learnings and opportunities but problem is how they really evaluate and assess the performance of the employees.
Pros
lunch and learns, activities outside work, good working environment
Cons
job security due and regularization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

52K