FHI 360 Employee Reviews

Productive and professional workplace
Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant - DREAMS Project (Current Employee) –  MutareOctober 10, 2019
I usually start my work at 7:30 am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. I check with my supervisor and my weekly work place to see if there is any work that was supposed to have been done but is still unfinished.This way I can set up my priorities. I review the status of the projects that I’m currently working on and I try to finish any pending work if present. I try to make sure that all the work assigned to me is moving forward and without any glitches.
Salary / Benefits
its a learning process ...it was nice woeking with them
Volunter/ Case manager (Current Employee) –  bayelsaSeptember 29, 2019
Family health International is a nice place to work you get to. Learn.. Nobody is perfect and you get to exercise your hand of help to your clients... It is a great experience
Fast paced
Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NigeriaSeptember 20, 2019
It's actually a good place to learn quickly and push yourself to the next level. But they rather employ people on contracts so they don't get to enjoy the benefits of anything.
Learning and Development
Associate Director, Finance (Current Employee) –  Abuja, NigeriaSeptember 13, 2019
We normally are expose to new knowledge by the organization or self learning. Self Learning entails some staff taking the leading in sourcing knowledge and teaching the team
Good Remuneration
IT Officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GautengSeptember 9, 2019
Company that offers comprehensive benefits and a very competitive salary package that most find difficult to compete with and only few ever really beat.
Lovely place
Tb/HIV Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LagosAugust 31, 2019
I enjoyed working at FHI 360. It really was a drilling ground in public health and work ethics . My supervisors where strictly professional yet down to earth. I made friends who turned family and a whole new memories I would always cherish. I enjoyed going into the community, doing field work and most especially relating with the indigenes of the area.
Educative
Data Entry Clerk- Surulere LGA- FHI360/AHNI (Current Employee) –  Ikeja lagosAugust 18, 2019
working at Fhi360 would give you more insight on life and how to appreciate good health. Fhi360 is a place you can learn alot and gain more experience but you also have to give your best. some days can be very hectic thats the hard part but generally its a good place of work.
Cons
short breaks
Salary / Benefits
Productive and work demanding enironment
VOLUNTEER-MAPS Project (Former Employee) –  Federal Capital TerritoryAugust 5, 2019
Working with Fhi was of great value and addition to my career. A wonderful environment to work and grow. Lovely people who are always ready to guide you through the job. But work is highly demanding.
Very challenging organization
Program Officer - CHASS (Current Employee) –  MaputoJuly 26, 2019
My experience as a Program Officer. The experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate communication and problem-solving skills, I excel at:
 Prepare and revise the province workplans and budgets and together with the province team, monitor it’s implementation as well as the expenditures to avoid any budget exceeding.
 Review and assist with the verification of cost sheets;
 Primary responsibility for programmatic, operational, backstopping and management of assigned province (Tete).
 Monitor, track and report on budgets and financial activities for assigned province
 Closely coordinate with the FHI 360 Tete province Program team, and the Technical Teams on setting up and maintaining internal implementation tracking mechanisms
 Ensure all activities related to the implementation of the program are following FHI360 and USAID rules and regulations
 Assist the technical team with the responses to Third Party monitoring reports
 Supervise and provide technical support to the staff in Tete province in the area of sub-agreements (Program Officer and Contracts and Grants Assistant);
 Monitor deadlines and ensure sub agreement deliverables are met. Develop appropriate tools and indicators to ensure quality and timeliness of all aspects of sub-grant management;
 create and maintain standard operating procedures as well as annual monitoring and support plan for sub-
 recipients in accordance with Foundation policy;
 Liaise with Mozambican government officials, private sector actors, local and international NGOs, and others as needed,
  more... to facilitate coordination, trouble-shoot, exchange information, develop and monitor activities, and provide technical assistance and advice when needed
 Responsible for the timely implementation of Subcontract implementation throughout Tete province
Speed, Excellent and Teamwork
Data Entry Clerk (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  AbujaJuly 16, 2019
Excellent work environment
Rapid and exponential growth in Data Management
Focused Leadership and Management
Awesome Teamwork
Overnight work where dead line is near
Love and Teamwork in the organization
Salary / Benefits
Offers good wages but no career advancement opportunities and barely balance work and life
Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  AfricaJuly 11, 2019
Fair place to work at. The management is okay but the lack of career advancement opportunities makes it a booring place to work.
The work Environment is okay and the people are embedded with a culture of friendliness.
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  BOTSWANAMay 28, 2019
Its nice working with,highly effective,team wor,good management,safe when it comes to security,enjoyed our trips for work.Meeting new people to socialise and learning new lifestyles.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Wonderful work environment
International Visitors Leadership Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington , DCMay 23, 2019
My internship with FHI 360's IVLP department was very memorable. There was a good sense of work-life balance, with facilities in the workplace such as a nap-room, a gym, several kitchens with fill access to tea and coffee. The work was well distributed to ensure that individuals were not overloaded with tasks/assignments. Management was responsive.
Pros
Job security, Mobility within workplace/departments
Productive, fun, learning environment
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Former Employee) –  Mahalapye, BotswanaMay 14, 2019
Coming to work meant dealing with people close to 50 per day but it was fun generally because in was alternating between office and field. I learned to be a leader but mostly self discipline/ You know working with people of different characters takes a lot of self control and discipline. Management had its ups and downs but was fairly good.
Work was really as you planned it, or supervisor needs as raised and everyone was usually result oriented.
The hardest part was supervising a person 200km away even when urgent information was needed correspondence will be through the phone or sometimes for difficult assignments.

I groomed good leaders who i am proud to have worked with because they were also willing to learn, That was enjoyable
Pros
Self supervision
Cons
Deadlines and demands
A resourceful organization
Regional program ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ACCRAApril 24, 2019
Daily work in FHI 360 is much enjoyable with team player colleagues and very supporting and understanding supervisor. Policies are fair and clear giving employees much security but also responsibility.
Salary / Benefits
A chocolate date with red baloons
Senior Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2019
The day started with a meeting about previously completed jobs and then talking about new tasks that had to be done. At the end of the meeting, everyone knew what should do. Everybody was willing to do his/her job. There were lots of chocolates at the front desk next to my room. In the meeting room many memorial photos could be found and one board on which was written: "never give up!" New ideas were like red balloons. On each balloon, different words were written.
Salary / Benefits
Good to work with as there is more of team work
IPC community mobilizer (Former Employee) –  KitanteFebruary 13, 2019
Self driven and was able to cope with working long hours and also got chance to experience the USAID work language . Able to express myself due to the knowledge acquired
Pros
Payment on time
Very good organisation
DATA ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  central zambiaFebruary 2, 2019
enjoyable
to be accurate, fast and patient
Well organized
wonderful working culture
meeting deadlines, reports are too demanding.
Christmas bonuses.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less job aid
Salary / Benefits
A humanitarian and productive work place.
Measurement & Evaluation Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Eleme Local Government Health centreJanuary 19, 2019
It is a volunteer work for people who are passionate for the the plight of those living with HIV/Aids. The pains they pass through will make one to have compassion for the sick. The management is very passionate about this and has made available drugs free for the patients. All staff are working assiduously to mitigate the pains of the patients by providing quality services.
Salary / Benefits
FHI 360 Clinical Research Unity embraces the spirit of teamwork and respect to human right.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nairobi, KEJanuary 14, 2019
My work day at FHI 360/Kenya country office involved working with the internal team on clinical studies.. The work involves coordination of receiving and dispatching study documents, providing logistical support to the clinical research team. The management team comprises of highly qualified and dedicated professional staff derived from the various parts of Kenya including expatriates. The team had a well structured system of managing the various study centres with frequent meetings and provision of technical support across the sites. All staff are bound together by policies that respect human rights, focus on the vision and missions of FHI 360 and emphasis on teamwork. Due to the clinical study global network study centres are distributed all over the world and logical coordination called for working for long hours. The country office enjoys quarterly staff meetings that allows staff to share birthday celebrations and this is a time for bonding and is treasured by staff. Travel to other FHI 360 offices outside the work station that provides opportunities of site seeing and access to good accommodation facilities.
Pros
Quarterly meetings that involve birthday celebrations with provision of free lunch.
Cons
Long working hours due to other team members' location in the USA and Asia.