Emerson Employee Reviews

Emerson is a Great Company to work
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manila PhilippinesJuly 12, 2018
Nice environment to work. Good colleagues to be with. Good Compensation. Work Life balance. Good Health Benefits. Appreciated by managers. Safety is provided
Pros
Midyear and Yearly Compensation
Cons
Political
job ain't that toxic.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  NCRJune 6, 2018
A great place to start your career. The technology is at par with the best. People are very friendly. Lots of challenges with some stretched tasks but still you'll enjoy the experience.
Pros
work/life balance
Excellent
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Quezon CityApril 17, 2018
Good management. Everyone is treated fair and equal. with work-life balance. Everyone is given a chance to enhance their skills. Good salary and benefits.
fun workplace
Senior Specialist, Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Mandaluyong CityApril 16, 2018
Fun workplace and good place to build your career. Nice work environment, good people and very professional. Global exposure and diverse culture. Good training as well.
Salary / Benefits
Heavy focus on ethics and people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesApril 12, 2018
My experience is mixed as I had both Philippines and international experience.
My overall view of the company is a positive one, although they are not without their issues.
Superior products, but the platform format of the business and underlying financial structure makes if difficult to move forward with solutions architecture without a fair amount of internal conflict and completion.
Very heavy on ethics and we always paid a lot of attention to making sure out people had everything they needed to do their jobs in a team based environment.
However, sometimes the work-life balance was compromised due to heavy work commitments.
Pros
Pleasant working environment
Cons
Long hours on unsociable shifts
Salary / Benefits
Overall, it was a great experience
Process Control & Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 31, 2018
-Great learning experience and very challenging working environment.
-Provides employees with first class in-depth training and seminars
-The company is world class, simply put.
Good benefits
Data Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityMarch 13, 2018
They valie their employees. Management team is approchable and transparent. The benefits are great, allowance, health/dental and even vacation/sick leaves.
Excellent Cafeteria on the 12th floor and awesome facility
Asia Pacific - Mandarin Proofreader (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 1, 2018
Being part of Emerson family has a lot contribution with regards to my personal growth specifically boosting my intellectual capacity as a foreign language proofreader and translator, it's the shortest time being with the company as compared to all the companies I work with due to 6 months contract only. It is a project-based account wherein I am given the task to proofread all documents written in Chinese, carefully analyze all product descriptions and write-ups, with this type of job, I'm not only enjoying and loving it but also had the chance to improve my skills & learning ability, I will definitely miss my not so many colleagues who were all too busy and less interaction with workmates because of their complicated given projects to finish ahead of the stipulated time, so far it's our common dilemma having the most complicated products and finding solutions to promote it in the market, Emerson's management can be considered as great when it comes to new innovations and outstanding when it comes to new projects, I would love to get another free meal provided by the supervisors and head of the operations, I learned so much in my short stay at Emerson, talk about the not so strict breaks schedule as long as you've done your part reviewing, checking and proofreading your assigned files and papers.
Pros
definitely free meals and giveaway stuffs; long breaks
Cons
busted/ postponed projects or assignments
Productive Multi-national company
Monitoring Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 9, 2018
Worked on mid-shift since we handle support for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Great place to learn the fundamentals of your engineering field. Great workplace environment. Awesome employee benefits.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Non
Simple and Productive
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Ortigas, PasigJanuary 4, 2018
Editing thermostat manuals
double check every detail of the instructions given
night shift
enjoyable part would be finish up a job fast and efficient
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Night shift
Helpful People
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityDecember 6, 2017
I learned alot regarding the operations and the workplace was really good. My superiors were all very approachable, they taught me everything that i need to learn in order to accomplish my tasks well.
Salary / Benefits
A great company to work in.
Sr. HCM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesNovember 26, 2017
Emerson Manila Shared Services is one of the most competitive companies to work for in the Manila area. This company has a great culture and is really committed to delivering superior service to customers. Everyone I worked with, in our various locations, were amazing. The management also takes time to help the community especially the elderly people which I think is awesome.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and friendly work environment
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityOctober 30, 2017
To work with different people with different culture were fun. Good salary and appreciation to employees. Provide trainings to help you grow and they are giving other means to learn.
Experience
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE INTERN (Current Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesOctober 11, 2017
For the last 450 hours of my internship, i gained so much work experience under EMERSON, Electric Asia located in the Philippines. They offered us tasks for interns that would really polish our learning as student who is still lacking of skills. They provided us jobs that's handled in the real IT industry.
Cons
8 Hours
Salary / Benefits
The job that first trusted me
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Quezon CitySeptember 27, 2017
Emerson was the first to hire me among all the employers I have applied. They were the first one to trust me and really hone me to be an HVAC expert. There were service awards which valued employees loyalty to the company which I find very heartwarming.
Pros
workmates are awesome
Cons
Long hour commute to work, night shift
Easy to approach
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Quezon CitySeptember 22, 2017
Emerson had a good working place, they are neat and clean in their perspective working area. Making everyone is comfortable and happy in their own business.
Pros
Can eat food on the desk
Good management,
Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Makati CitySeptember 18, 2017
Emerson supports work life balance culture
Emerson encourage personal growth
Emerson provides good training for employees growth
Emerson have a fair salary
Salary / Benefits
Productive and nice work environment but way too far from my place.
Consumer Support Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Quezon CitySeptember 13, 2017
In terms of benefits for the employees, I must say, Emerson is quite good on it. However, with too much or job overloaded, sometimes you will think that you're not well compensated. But, regardless how much they pay me, that doesn't matter, since I love the job, what I'm doing and I gained peers that are very supportive and helpful. Also, I gained so much knowledge not just in one sort of field or task.

I must say the MAIN thing that I really struggled most is the travel time in going to work. I find it unhealthy anymore, litrerally, since I need to leave my place in Cavite for about 4hrs ahead of my shift so that I'll be in the office before the start of my shift. The travel going to work is very stressful. For the record, office location is in Quezon City.
Pros
Free eat out and great people (officemates-not just those under the same business units, but also people from different departments)
Cons
No grace period given for those running late, specially those who live so far from the office's location.
Productive work environment.
Human Resource Operations Manger (Former Employee) –  Quezon CitySeptember 1, 2017
Work environment is challenging but there is a feeling of achievement. Peers are always ready to help you and are very collaborative. Diversity in the workplace is also encouraged.
Pros
Diversity in the work place
Cons
Schedule is mostly in mid-shift to night shift
Consider It Solved
Software Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesAugust 23, 2017
Being an employee of Emerson was quite an experience. I've learned a lot about different cultures since the company serves a number of clients all around the world. As a Software Test Manager, I was given an opportunity to handle a group of software testers and provide them the tools and training they need to progress their career. I also learned how to manage resources for large projects and provide project status to upper management. Another responsibility I had was to make sure that the people under me gets evaluated for their annual performance, and make sure that the budget allotted to my team is adequate. I had done a number of training classes about Emerson's products and about skills/competencies development.