Dyson Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Wasn't an enjoyable time here.
Sales Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  MalmesburyJune 14, 2018
Working for Dyson was always a struggle as there were many personalities that would sometimes clash. Was always unsure of my place and role whilst at the company.
Salary / Benefits
Well run company and good to work for
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  South EastJune 13, 2018
This job just wasn't for me, despite the high rating. I found the work boring (repairing around 7 vacuums per day) On top of that you're expected to up-sell new vacuums to customer (I'm not a salesman in the slightest, and this was my main reason for leaving). That said, you can boost your wages by hitting sales targets, which we're always pretty fair. I always got on with management and found them to be friendly and supportive.
Pros
Good money and easy work
Cons
Not very challenging, sales
Great Job
SALES EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2018
A typical day consists of 8 hours spent in a store, speaking with customers, training store employees, doing demonstrations on latest products. Love working for such a great company
Salary / Benefits
worst company for succesful sales people
Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2018
Management has little to no communication with you about most things especially about your compensation. They cut hours when ever they feel like it and offer no benefits such as PTO or sick days. no health benefits either. They expect you to use your own equipment for work and don't compensate you for that either. I was #1 in the company in sales and was worked out of my bonus a few times! Big company that nickels and dimes you.

Only reason someone should take this job is because they're out of work but keep looking. This company doesn't care about their employees.
Pros
Management is remote so you don't have to deal with them.
Cons
Everything else
Great Company
Dyson Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2018
Great company to work for. That inspires creativity, problem solving and diversity. I have only worked for them for a year but it has been only a positive experience.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
No job opportunities at this moment.
Typical marketing company - Dyson Expert Demonstrator
Dyson Demonstration Expert (Current Employee) –  West coastMay 16, 2018
Great product, of the best machines out there. Lots of fun people to work with, either within your own group, your store, and customers.

Great "job" if you are only looking for weekend week, without advancement.

Dyson used to promote from within. Now all they do is hire their buddies from other companies. Such extreme nepotism. Its such a shame. You're doing everything the right way, and should progress up the corporate ladder, but not here. You can bet the upper level managers will be calling their friends for that lower level manager position that only once in forever becomes available.

Also, the managers dont trust anyone. You have gps on your phone and are logged into at minimum 3 apps that track you. No, Dyson isnt paying for that phone either.

No raises, maybe a bonus once a year, but not a lot.

8 Long hours standing and engaging everyone that walks by, hoping to sell a $600 vacuum.

I question if this is James Dysons vision. I bet not. I would think he would want his front line happy and to feel appreciated, and compensated.

I wont even get into the drama. Managers should be professional and not discuss other exerts with other managers or peers. I guess that's not Dysons fault, thats horrible managers fault.
Pros
Great machines to represent, can be fun.
Cons
Long days standing on hard floors, no advanvcement opportunities.
My Personal View
online customer service (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 9, 2018
I have been doing the same job for the past 5 years even though I've applied to other positions elsewhere in the company to advance my career, but I'm still doing the same exact position even though people who have been there far less time than I have have already moved onto other areas, and into other positions.
Pros
decent beneftis and compensation
Cons
having to cleanup mistakes from others and doing their work as well as my own
hated it
Despatch Operative (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, WiltshireMay 3, 2018
i worked here for 2 years and let me tell you its not a nice place.its soul destroying.so many people start and then find out what its like then leave.dyson is a good company but this chippenham branch is terrible.bullying is the main thing.when i started i though wow im working at dyson but little did i relise what a horrid place it was.
Pros
not many
Cons
loads
Salary / Benefits
Brilliant company to work for
Sales expert (Current Employee) –  North EastApril 24, 2018
Excellent, professional company. You can learn a lot from them and progress very easily. Incredibly supportive and understanding. Also, good benefits.
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
I love the work at Dyson, loved the people I work with. I work as digital support via chats and emails, with occasional phone support when needed.

We troubleshoot issues customers might have with their machines, but mostly we create commissioned sales. Thos bonus/commission checks are quite nice every month.

You will have those occasional disgruntled customers but we soldier through and still try our best to give them superior Dyson support.
Pros
Work from home, pay
Cons
N/a
Salary / Benefits
Exciting and innovative environment. Very flexible working Environment.
Approvals Engineer - Advanced (Current Employee) –  WiltshireApril 5, 2018
A very nice and exciting place to work. Very flexible working, useful if you have a family. Like all rapidly growing companies, there is always room for improvement. Overall it's a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible working.
Cons
Great food in the cafe.
Good working placed
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  PioneerApril 4, 2018
have an advantage if you come with working experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment and is proficient in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
be required to have relevant automation experience, knowledge/experience with robotics will be a plus
be able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
have track records of the ability to seize opportunities for continuous improvements (thinking ahead, foreseeing issues/problems and derive solutions)
be able to work on rotating 12-hour shift patterns
Good overall
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Malmesbury, WiltshireMarch 14, 2018
Good working environment. Very casual atmosphere with plenty of student types.
Always plenty of interesting projects on the go and plenty of development opportunity.
Pros
Good facilities (although busy)
Cons
Wiltshire is pretty bleak.
Salary / Benefits
Stressed, pressured, management only care about themselves.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MalmesburyMarch 9, 2018
Awful place to work, too pressured, stupidly long hours, expected to work weekends, short lunch breaks, management only want to look after themselves, they are not helpful and will pick up on anything you do and put it in a negitive light, they will also talk down to you and only care about how much money they are getting in their pockets, commission based so great if you sell, not so great if you can’t, you will end up getting performance managed for it and then getting the sack anyway. Parking is a joke and you have to park at least 15 minutes away from the offices. Would never recommend this to be a enjoyable place to work. Such a shame as the technology is second to none.
Pros
Technology is great.
Cons
Long hours, unsupported management, conmission based, too pressured.
Salary / Benefits
Great Pay for little time worked
Field Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  MDMarch 7, 2018
It was a great part time job. Only on weekends. I got to go to chicago to train. There really a fantastic company and after seeing what they do, I can see why there prices are higher than others.
Fast paced environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 24, 2018
A good place to upgrade your technical skills, provided you are willing to commit your personal times after office hours. Sometimes feels too many meeting everyday
Salary / Benefits
Great place to work and develop
Sales & Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  KembleFebruary 19, 2018
Very tightly run ship and all departments are great for development. Chose to leave due to personal reasons but would be happy to work back there one day.
Pros
Career development
Cons
Call centre is strict and too performance based as its commission.
polyvalent
Animatrice commerciale avec Techsell (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)February 18, 2018
on ne travail pas dans les locaux, puisqu'on est des hôtes on bouge pas mal
Salary / Benefits
Productive and positive warehouse team
Service support (Former Employee) –  New South WalesFebruary 11, 2018
Great team work. Everyone was good at lifting spirits and keeping the work environment a constructive and fun place. We often had free lunches as a reward for good work.
Fast pace work environment
Schedule Planner (Former Employee) –  painsville, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Very fast pace position
Required a lot of training
Handled a lot of in going and outgoing inventory
Co workers were very pleasant and helpful
Had to meet high expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dyson. Our community is ready to answer.

3.6Salary / Benefits