Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Management reviews

Productive and Fun workplace
Area Coordinator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 5, 2019
Good ambiance and clean workplace. Knowledgeable when it comes to housekeeping and other office work assigned, productive employee due proper and time management. Plus factor with nice office-mate. .
Pros
Free Tranportation
Cons
long Hour
Salary / Benefits
the direct supervisor is favoritism
Community empowerment Facilitator (Former Employee) –  ButuanMay 6, 2019
the department is good but the one who handle the projects is not effective which to the point he/she will choose her/his favorite employee. no proper tenure
Pros
free allowance
Cons
no proper tenure
Salary / Benefits
Very satisfying work experience.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Lupi, Camarines Sur, PhilippinesApril 17, 2019
I am very most of the time but it is very rewarding because you had helped our destitute brothers and sisters. The management is Pro workers and the institution is very much culture-sensitive.
Enjoy and challenging work
administrative aide IV (Former Employee) –  dulag leyteJanuary 30, 2019
we work on monday to friday .
Learned lot of thing by doing a field interview and encoding through database system.
they have a good management.
field and office works.
interviewing a person with different attitude.
i enjoy doing a field work i can visit different places.
Pros
allowance
Cons
8 hours
I enjoyed a lot
Documenter (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 23, 2019
As a documenter, I learned a lot when it comes to Disaster risk management and other topics discussed in the training module that I documented. The facilitators handled the event very successfully without any hassle. And they also know how to have fun while at work. If given a chance, I will choose to work there.
Pros
free lunch, transpo
Cons
nothing
Salary / Benefits
happy with co workers , but not with the head/supervisors
Project Development Officer II (Former Employee) –  pampangaJanuary 16, 2019
Nice working on Field Work , learned from different kinds of people. Loved helping people specially those in needs. I just hope the management will also help they're people or workers with fair compensation.
Pros
loved to help poorest of the poor
Cons
stability of work .
Workplace is productive
Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Former Employee) –  LegazpiJanuary 8, 2019
The agency is great. They provide the needs of thier staff as to trainings and knowledge management. It is so great to be part of this prestigious government agency.
Fun work place
MONITORING PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (MPDO) (Current Employee) –  Davao City, PHDecember 7, 2018
the work place is fun
the management treat the employees well
plenty of challenges specially in handling the accounts
the work load is not that difficult.
Pros
Free Meals (out based employees)
Cons
always travel
AREA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Davao CityDecember 2, 2018
The workplace must possess a productive yet harmonious relation in everybody. In management wise there should be respect of suggestion and opinions from the team members
Pros
free snacks
Fun, productive and teamwork
Validator (Former Employee) –  Kabacan, North CotabatoNovember 21, 2018
Rain or shine in service. I learned on how to handle workers.
Managing on how to manage people. My co-workers are engineers and community facilatators. My hardest part of a job is, when my proper time of eating lunch is pass over. When i and my co-workers are together on the field in barangays. Typical day of work is okay . i learned to this job is to be a hardworking person , management is good, workplace is okay, hardest part of job is nothing enjoyable part everyday.
Pros
benefits of the members
Cons
Long rides but fun hours
Fulfilling your passion
Community Affairs Officer I (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesNovember 5, 2018
Everyday we get to meet a lot of people. Working for the Department of Social Welfare is very challenging but its fulfilling.Although my function is a technical writer and I work hand in hand with the Department Heads who are members of the Makati City Urban Redevelopment and Housing Board with regard to doing minutes of the meeting, drafting Executive order and Resolution on weekends I get to do administrative task at the relocation site owned and manage by the City Government.
Pros
Amazing People and workmates
Cons
Dangerous especially during dialogues on residents to be evicted
Case management
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Davao CityOctober 7, 2018
I learned a lot in this work because this is my profession, I love to help people especially the poor and the needed. This work is not easy because you will work in the province to help the poor. The main work is you will be conducting case management and households at the survival level. To facilitate and ensure conduct family development sessions with the LGU. Maintain and monitor caseload data.
Pros
Free fare and lunch break
Salary / Benefits
Fun workplace, and great environment
Typist (Current Employee) –  Davao CitySeptember 25, 2018
Honestly, I do not have any problem with my job in terms in working place and the people around here, the only problem is that they pay low salary, and the salary is always delay, the management is good they are very nice towards their employees, the hardest part of the job is that when it comes to paper works because, we are updating several types of profile, and it is not easy because we are update the files for only 2-3 weeks, and the individual files is around 100,000, and we should finish it before the system shuts down. the most enjoyable part of my job is when we finish all our paper works, our boss will treat us some food so that we can relax ourselves, it is one way of "job well done"
Pros
lots of free time
Salary / Benefits
A community Immersion- A very challenging role or job to do.
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ManilaSeptember 9, 2018
This work requires patience, right timing, good people management at all walks of life. The hardest job to do as you have to go house to house and the most enjoyable part of the job is to meet different people with different beliefs an walks of life.
Pros
Free Transportation and Food Allowance
Cons
Tiresome and Stressful
Fun workplace
Computer Operator/Encoder (Former Employee) –  MATI CITY, DAVAO ORIENTAL, PHILIPPINESSeptember 2, 2018
I've learned a lot in my previous job/in my workplace, not only for my profession but also in my attitude to handle customer and time management to finished the task at a given time.
Pros
Great company to work for!!, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Cons
N/a
Salary / Benefits
Delivery of output within the time frame
Municipal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Muntinlupa City, PhilippinesJuly 29, 2018
Kalahi CIDDS program is one of the best program under Department of Social Welfare and Development. It uses the community-driven development (CDD) approach, a globally recognized strategy for achieving service delivery, poverty reduction, and good governance outcomes.

Management focused on the delivery of our deliverable within the time frame. Regularly conduct of consultative meeting to strategized and resolved the issues and concerns arise regarding the implementation of the program.
Pros
Reimbursement of travel expenses
Cons
Healthcare and other benifits, No employee-employer relationship
Salary / Benefits
A good place to jumpstart your career
Project Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative RegionJune 26, 2018
The management is very supportive with its eemployees, however, job security and opportunity for promotion is limited. Its a wonderful place to start your career though.
Pros
Real service to the needy
Cons
Too much work
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Butuan City, Argusan del NorteApril 12, 2018
Pressure for some reason, but employees can still handle. The management are good and nice to work with. But the benefits are not the same as to regular employees.
Good Place
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Legazpi, AlbayApril 5, 2018
This is a memorial Garden and they have a low salary no benefits and no regularization they only have continues job. Small company and has a thrifty management.
Pros
No Free
Cons
minimum time
Working with DSWD
I was hired at Department of social welfare and Development since 2012 as area coordinator. I was assigned at the community based working with people to supervised community organizers doing community based project. People were empowered to identiy problems and ind solution to the problem.

when working with people at different levels I need to humble myself and put down to the grass root level to be able let them participate in the program.

While Im doing assistance to the community facilitator empowering community people, the support of the higher management came in to provide trainings, coaching and logistic support to the staff in the field.
Well, the hardest part is the management of cash, Financial management have to be installed properly, and selections of officers handling cash management have to be trained and level of education have to be considered.

The most enjoyable part is the when people get together implementing thier own projects managing thier resources and finding solution to the hindrances of being poor in the lives.

working in the community is a great experienced and learning tool of being true person. This project was funded by the United States of America - Comprehensive Delivery of social services.

Thank you and more power.

LUIS DIWAS
Pros
People Identify thier own problem and ind solution. Manage thier own fund.
Cons
People were pressured to learned managing projects.