Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Hard work and patience in your job is a must, you may encounter different personalities everyday.
On-the-Job Training/Internship (Former Employee) –  ButuanDecember 2, 2019
In this job your patience and your emotional intelligence will be test. You will encounter different personalities everyday. You have to calm yourself in cantering thier complains about their befits because there are can't easily understand.
Salary / Benefits
A workplace to mold you and make you a better person
Community Facilitator to Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eastern SamarNovember 27, 2019
They offer a lot of training's for you to improve more, work is from monday till friday only..there's a time for family, management is nice, Workplace culture is friendly environment, Hardest part of the job is when you did not deliver the expected output expected from you in a limited time due to Barangay's location, enjoyable part of the job..is you have the opportunity to visit and explore different beautiful places,encounter different kinds of people and learn something from them...,Its nice to work with the community residents at the barangay and be a part of being dependent to others into Empowerment....
Small Scale Infra to Municipalities
Technical Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Davao CityNovember 25, 2019
From Planning (Designing, Estimating), Implementation and Monitoring of Projects up to Operation and Maintenance of the Sub-Projects of the barangays from the municipality of Malalalag.
Productive and fun workplace
Community Empowerment Facilitator• Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Butuan CityNovember 23, 2019
I learned a lot of things by working in DSWD which help me in accomplishing my tasks in my current job. My experience in DSWD has been my training ground for becoming an effective worker.
Project based (NHTS-PR)
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinatuan surigao del surNovember 22, 2019
Oversee my enumerators.
Daily checked and reviewed their outputs.
Guide them what to do.
Reported output of my enumerators to the area coordinator.
Salary / Benefits
Supportive to professional growth.
Social Welfare Officer II (Former Employee) –  SWADT, Oriental MindoroNovember 22, 2019
Amazing people working in convergence on various programs of the government. Lots of opportunities for professional growth. But working with the government, in general, does not provide security of tenure.
Salary / Benefits
Highly productive workplace with an efficient teammates.
Municipal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Butuan City, Argusan del NorteNovember 22, 2019
The experience there was enjoyable and unforgettable. We were able to interact with our fellow indigenous people and had a learned much lessons from their culture. Being able to help in empowering our local community to uplift their way of living and aid the government's advocacy to alleviate poverty was the best part of the whole working experience.
Salary / Benefits
It was stressful but all good as well
Project Development Officer II/ City Link (Former Employee) –  Iloilo CityNovember 21, 2019
Good pay (in PH terms) and an excellent chance to help your poor countrymen. Benefits were good too and opportunity to travel far-flung and remote corners of your assigned areas.
Fun
Data Encoder (Former Employee) –  Alabang, MuntinlupaNovember 7, 2019
The most enjoyable part here is where I got new friends and enjoy every moment that we had inside our work. We make fun of each other like we know each other well.
Salary / Benefits
so much challenges in working with the department
Project Development Officer I and development officer II (Former Employee) –  regional office 8November 7, 2019
productive and challenging to work with different people and with different cultures, hardest part of our job was when people doesn't reply all the papers needed for their applications on regards their benefits
Very Good
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Davao CityNovember 3, 2019
The government agency has a good working environment, approachable and friendly staff, well-rounded staffing in every department and a good working conditions towards the public.
Excellent Job
Community Empowerment Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Quezon, BukidnonOctober 30, 2019
The Department of Social Welfare is a good office with competitive salary. They help vulnerable and marginalize people specifically KC NCDDP Program..
Salary / Benefits
Productive and adventure in every assign areas
Administrative Aide II (Former Employee) –  Oroquieta City, Misamis OccidentalOctober 24, 2019
Collecting and distributing forms. Monitoring where the validators validating. Secure and protect data. Adventurous and exciting workplace. If some of the beneficiary did not give the true information.
Salary / Benefits
It inspires me to work harder
Intern (Former Employee) –  CapizOctober 19, 2019
seeing marginalized and abused people go inside the office everyday and then greeted and taken good care of our seniors in the office inspires me to also do better and genuinely care for our clients. They push you to do better and to be better.
Pros
Homey environment
Cons
little job vacancy/ opportunities
Salary / Benefits
Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries.
Project Development Officer (Former Employee) –  TarlacOctober 15, 2019
Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries. You help them uplift their social well being by providing livelihood services to them. It gives you a sense of importance at work.
Pros
Fullfilling
Cons
Marginalized areas
As ea at dswd
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityOctober 3, 2019
The pay is good but in general security of tenure is very weak which should not happen in a government agency. Also internal politics can be discouraging
Dynamic workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Cagayan de Oro City, PhilippinesSeptember 30, 2019
My job was to handle the financial reports of a specific town. The work was at times demanding but nonetheless it was fulfilling. I would recommend working here if you are in the Philippines. It gives you the opportunity to be immersed in the front lines of Poverty Reduction efforts of the government.
Short stint but meaningful
Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Occidental MindoroSeptember 22, 2019
My stint with DSWD was just project based though I learned a lot during my stay. I experienced dealing with people especially the elderly. Good experience.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and happy in the work
Area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tanay, RizalSeptember 7, 2019
We are in the are where in we interview every household regarding to how many are they in the family and what is there cost of living..and how much is they earned in a month
Salary / Benefits
As field worker i injoy a lot especially when i was in barangay i learned how they live ,the way they intertain some visitors
Community Empowerment Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Magsaysay boulevard Tacloban CityAugust 21, 2019
About they company i work its good like they salary give to staff but my dislike sometimes when a superior ask our output even it is not the deadline he ask to submit it.but must i like is when the company give an award as top performing community facilitator.