Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries.
Project Development Officer (Former Employee) –  TarlacOctober 15, 2019
Able to contribute to the growth of my beneficiaries. You help them uplift their social well being by providing livelihood services to them. It gives you a sense of importance at work.
Pros
Fullfilling
Cons
Marginalized areas
As ea at dswd
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityOctober 3, 2019
The pay is good but in general security of tenure is very weak which should not happen in a government agency. Also internal politics can be discouraging
Dynamic workplace
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Cagayan de Oro City, PhilippinesSeptember 30, 2019
My job was to handle the financial reports of a specific town. The work was at times demanding but nonetheless it was fulfilling. I would recommend working here if you are in the Philippines. It gives you the opportunity to be immersed in the front lines of Poverty Reduction efforts of the government.
Short stint but meaningful
Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Occidental MindoroSeptember 22, 2019
My stint with DSWD was just project based though I learned a lot during my stay. I experienced dealing with people especially the elderly. Good experience.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and happy in the work
Area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tanay, RizalSeptember 7, 2019
We are in the are where in we interview every household regarding to how many are they in the family and what is there cost of living..and how much is they earned in a month
Salary / Benefits
As field worker i injoy a lot especially when i was in barangay i learned how they live ,the way they intertain some visitors
Community Empowerment Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Magsaysay boulevard Tacloban CityAugust 21, 2019
About they company i work its good like they salary give to staff but my dislike sometimes when a superior ask our output even it is not the deadline he ask to submit it.but must i like is when the company give an award as top performing community facilitator.
Friendly workmates
Encoder (Former Employee) –  LegazpiAugust 15, 2019
Some of the supervisor are strick so I am doing my task as long as accomplish in a certain period of time. You should manage your time in able to submit in a right time
Pros
Free lunches and transportation
Productive and Fun workplace
Area Coordinator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 5, 2019
Good ambiance and clean workplace. Knowledgeable when it comes to housekeeping and other office work assigned, productive employee due proper and time management. Plus factor with nice office-mate. .
Pros
Free Tranportation
Cons
long Hour
Salary / Benefits
Enjoyable, engaging other's people life, community service. Doing a fast work.
Municipal Database Manager (Former Employee) –  Tudela, Misamis OccidentalJuly 26, 2019
Working in this company is very fun and exciting. Aside from encoding data. We are also a field worker. Visiting the barangay community about the sub project. All the output that has been processed in the sub projects will be submitted to the database manager which I am liable for. This job is enjoyable and teamwork leads in this company.
Pros
Good facility
Salary / Benefits
Politics and padrino system in job h
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cebu CityJuly 21, 2019
My work at DSWD-FO7 is a special project of the department callef KALAHI-CIDSS. It was an implementation of priority projects of the locality which were affected by Bagyong Yolanda. As Area Coordinator i ensured the implementation with appropriate budget people's identified projects. Proper observance of the law on procurement and bidding was also required.
Pros
People themselves identified, plan, implement, monitor and assess project implementation.
Cons
Tideous and long processes and procedures
productive and fun
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  cagayanJuly 20, 2019
good place to work fun and good environment to work at. you will learn about different cultures and people.sometimes you travel to meet and to serve the people in your society
Pros
good benefits
Salary / Benefits
enjoy working here because of the trainings provided by the agency.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  RizalJuly 3, 2019
Works from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5 pm, as a government employee the job is fullfilling especially when you help and meet the clients satisfaction. Most of our client are from the vulnerable areas that needs support from the government. Multi-tasking is one of the abilities of some employees. Provides training for employees enhancancement. Here at DSWD the agency also provide load allowance, incentives/bonuses, which the employees enjoyed.The most enjoyable part of being an employee here at DSWD was the trainings in which we can go to different provinces in CALABARZON.
Pros
Load allowance
Cons
Urgent reports
Salary / Benefits
It was productive and challenging especially working with the poor people
Project Development Officer II (Former Employee) –  LegazpiJuly 3, 2019
Working with Department of Social welfare and development is a big opportunity and a big challenge.once you are to the agency you must be ready and have the commitment..communication and dedication to work is much important..but the most thing I have experienced working with the agency is the passion that I have.. PASSION,,,COMMITMENT, COMMUNICATION is a key
Pros
With benefits such as transportation allowances, clothing allowance, load allowances as well health insurance
Cons
Always on call since we are working with people .inservice
Professionally Challenging
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative RegionJune 21, 2019
The job gave me opportunity to work in most marginalized communities in the country. Very rewarding but the security and salary is really not compensating the work load. Most of the time the work requires long hours doing paper works and community immersion.
Pros
Very rewarding knowing that you are helping the less privileged community
Cons
Hours of hiking mostly in a steep terrains just to reach the area, too many paper works to be submitted in short amount of time
Salary / Benefits
Productive and Work fun in fIeld
Field Validators (Former Employee) –  Maimpis, City of San Fernando, PampangaJune 14, 2019
My typical day in work is adjustment in place. Because in everday diifferent place assigned to me. and the working place its also diffcult because of weather its hot outside when im in working place.. and im happy i met different people that they want care and i learned a lot of them,
Pros
Reinbursement, Tev
Social Welfare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cebu CityJune 11, 2019
I've been in the government industry since 2014 until May 2019, In my daily work assisting client from different Barangays helping them to update their information in our system like change of school or health center and change of basic information.My work is full of productivity in terms with my caseloads and the people whom i worked with. I use to work in the province of Cebu, Philippines with those indigenous people, Every training give us a hint on how are we going to serve people and help those in need. The hardest part is when there is a calamity and we need to be in the said area. Enjoyable moments is when I'm going to conduct a monitoring of students which they'll going to give me a high five every time i'll visit their rooms.
Pros
free training
Cons
unpaid overtime
Fun workplace
Staff (Former Employee) –  Pura 2312 TarlacJune 3, 2019
This is my first ever job when I was 16 years old. Working in a very young age, I really enjoyed it there. It was a fun working with the people and I have learned a lot from them/
Pros
free snacks
Salary / Benefits
Worst place to work in, no work life balance
project developmet officer II (Current Employee) –  Region 3May 6, 2019
The bosses are corrupt. You will thrive in this environment if you have a strong gut for corruption and palakasan. They have to be bribed so they will like you. Yung mga corrupt na employees hindi tinatanggal sa work kasi naglalagay sila sa mga boss. Walang matinong boss sa totoo lang. Kahit sa weekends required ka magtrabaho without overtime pay. And normal ung ipapahiya ka sa meetings.
Salary / Benefits
the direct supervisor is favoritism
Community empowerment Facilitator (Former Employee) –  ButuanMay 6, 2019
the department is good but the one who handle the projects is not effective which to the point he/she will choose her/his favorite employee. no proper tenure
Pros
free allowance
Cons
no proper tenure
Salary / Benefits
Workplace is nice, employees are fun to work with. Learned how to handle pressure.
Social Welfare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teresa, RizalApril 23, 2019
Working at DSWD will ready an individual for hardships, deliverables with short timelines. Handling pressure and giving deliverables on time is already a great achievement. Working with people suffering from poverty is also an eye opener, empathizing with the poor and helping them.
Pros
You get to serve the poor, do field work.
Cons
Work/Life balance is not balanced