Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines

Department of Social Welfare and Development - Rep. of Philippines Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Productive and Work fun in fIeld
Field Validators (Former Employee) –  Maimpis, City of San Fernando, PampangaJune 14, 2019
My typical day in work is adjustment in place. Because in everday diifferent place assigned to me. and the working place its also diffcult because of weather its hot outside when im in working place.. and im happy i met different people that they want care and i learned a lot of them,
Pros
Reinbursement, Tev
Social Welfare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cebu CityJune 11, 2019
I've been in the government industry since 2014 until May 2019, In my daily work assisting client from different Barangays helping them to update their information in our system like change of school or health center and change of basic information.My work is full of productivity in terms with my caseloads and the people whom i worked with. I use to work in the province of Cebu, Philippines with those indigenous people, Every training give us a hint on how are we going to serve people and help those in need. The hardest part is when there is a calamity and we need to be in the said area. Enjoyable moments is when I'm going to conduct a monitoring of students which they'll going to give me a high five every time i'll visit their rooms.
Pros
free training
Cons
unpaid overtime
Fun workplace
Staff (Former Employee) –  Pura 2312 TarlacJune 3, 2019
This is my first ever job when I was 16 years old. Working in a very young age, I really enjoyed it there. It was a fun working with the people and I have learned a lot from them/
Pros
free snacks
Salary / Benefits
the direct supervisor is favoritism
Community empowerment Facilitator (Former Employee) –  ButuanMay 6, 2019
the department is good but the one who handle the projects is not effective which to the point he/she will choose her/his favorite employee. no proper tenure
Pros
free allowance
Cons
no proper tenure
Salary / Benefits
Workplace is nice, employees are fun to work with. Learned how to handle pressure.
Social Welfare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teresa, RizalApril 23, 2019
Working at DSWD will ready an individual for hardships, deliverables with short timelines. Handling pressure and giving deliverables on time is already a great achievement. Working with people suffering from poverty is also an eye opener, empathizing with the poor and helping them.
Pros
You get to serve the poor, do field work.
Cons
Work/Life balance is not balanced
Salary / Benefits
Very satisfying work experience.
PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II (Contractual) (Former Employee) –  Lupi, Camarines Sur, PhilippinesApril 17, 2019
I am very most of the time but it is very rewarding because you had helped our destitute brothers and sisters. The management is Pro workers and the institution is very much culture-sensitive.
Salary / Benefits
GIP government internship program (Former Employee) –  Tuguegarao City, CagayanApril 12, 2019
Understand the basics of a SHORT business description. ...
List EVERYTHING that your business offers. ...
Identify what you really WANT to sell. ...
Use the RULE of three! ...
Attract the RIGHT customer. ...
Put it ALL together. ...
Know when to get HELP.
Project Development Officer 1 (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 12, 2019
Productive workplace, we learn a lot from each and every one you will be able to help other people thru various program of the government. But needed more to exert effort in welfare of the employee.
Salary / Benefits
Great opportunity for personal growth and rich in experience.
Regional Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alabang, Muntinlupa CityMarch 19, 2019
I love working with DSWD since I have the opportunity to help the marginalized and disadvantaged sectors. In this Department, services are being provided with the beneficiaries directly. The managers are very great leaders and facilitative. I used to manage government and international funds and used to handle programs for the poor. However, being a Cost of Service worker, I have no security of tenure which made me think of finding a better job opportunity.
Pros
rich in training and capacity building activities
Cons
no benefits, longer work hours and no security of tenure
Salary / Benefits
friendly co staff, fun work place
Computer Maintenance Techonologist II (Current Employee) –  Manila NCRFebruary 20, 2019
field work, fun i learn a lot of experience

offices are clean, and well managed.

Computer units and desktop are not latest but in middle era

the work location is quiet and peacefull
Salary / Benefits
Productive and enhancement of skills are very valuable and usufull..
community empowerment facilitator (Former Employee) –  region XII koronadal cityFebruary 19, 2019
The company when i was employed are gave me a valuable experience and enhance those skills i had, this experience also mold me on how to be flexible in facing different people and i think i have no idea to dislike this company..
very productive and fun
reliever for House parents (Former Employee) –  BenguetFebruary 2, 2019
*Working with kids with different age,gender,family back ground and personalities is tiring but at the same time very fun and interesting for each day.
* The hardest part of the job might be when all of the babies or infants in your care are all sick that you feel sorry for them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
Salary / Benefits
Travel and getting to know people, lives and economic status
Project Development Officer 1 (Former Employee) –  PangasinanJanuary 31, 2019
Its a great opportunity working with such people inside and out of the company. It is indeed a fun and tiring experience. I get to meet the lowest standard living of many people in the community, Interact and hear their problems, the ups and downs of their lives.
Pros
we get to have free lunch sometimes
Cons
no benefits
Enjoy and challenging work
administrative aide IV (Former Employee) –  dulag leyteJanuary 30, 2019
we work on monday to friday .
Learned lot of thing by doing a field interview and encoding through database system.
they have a good management.
field and office works.
interviewing a person with different attitude.
i enjoy doing a field work i can visit different places.
Pros
allowance
Cons
8 hours
Salary / Benefits
Of course it's a fun place to work everyone is like a family
Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 24, 2019
As I managed this establishment, I learned a loy about leadership and my self. I grow as a person and as a leader. We always maintain cleanliness and quality of service in this establishment.
Pros
Just within our home
Cons
24 hours job can be hazardous to health
Salary / Benefits
Productive and work life balance
Admin Aide IV (Current Employee) –  MalateJanuary 23, 2019
I currently work for DSWD Field Office IV – MiMaRoPa as Administrative Aide IV. In my 6 months of service to department, my skills are best utilized in preparation of List of Due and Demandable and Accounts Payable (LDDAP-ADA) which is very critical since these task requires a zero error. Having been assigned in the Cashier Unit, I was exposed to the processes of implementation of different projects, particularly assisting in the preparation of monthly report like updating of Cash Disbursement Record (CDR) per LDDAP-ADA. These in turn deepens my involvement in the implementation process of all projects of the department.
I enjoyed a lot
Documenter (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 23, 2019
As a documenter, I learned a lot when it comes to Disaster risk management and other topics discussed in the training module that I documented. The facilitators handled the event very successfully without any hassle. And they also know how to have fun while at work. If given a chance, I will choose to work there.
Pros
free lunch, transpo
Cons
nothing
Salary / Benefits
happy with co workers , but not with the head/supervisors
Project Development Officer II (Former Employee) –  pampangaJanuary 16, 2019
Nice working on Field Work , learned from different kinds of people. Loved helping people specially those in needs. I just hope the management will also help they're people or workers with fair compensation.
Pros
loved to help poorest of the poor
Cons
stability of work .
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative RegionJanuary 14, 2019
Challenging tasks, but friendly and approachable colleagues and supervisors. A good experience to help the public. Busy season are beginning and end of the year.
Salary / Benefits
Field worker giving technical and livelihood assistance
Project Development Officer II (Former Employee) –  Eastern VisayasJanuary 12, 2019
A community-based capacity building program that aims to improve the socio-economic condition of the participants through micro-enterprise development and employment facilitation activities that shall ultimately provide a sustainable income source