Department of Public Works and Highways Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Quantity Surveyor/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Pangasinan, PhilippinesMarch 19, 2019
As part of being in the public sector is I only work 5-days a week which is why the balance on work and life is fun. I learned how the government sector works.
Salary / Benefits
Planning Engineer (Job Order) (Former Employee) –  Larena, SiquijorMarch 14, 2019
it is rewarding in terms of experience. it is beautiful working condition. it is complete with the neccessary engineering works and its environmental friendly
Productive and fun workplace
Government Internship Program (GIP) (Former Employee) –  ManilaFebruary 5, 2019
As i stayed here, I learned how to be properly manage all the things that I needed to do for the entire week. The most enjoyable part of the job I had here is that I got a very considerate superior, she helped me a lot and always tried to explained everything to me.
Fun Environement
Engineer-1 (Current Employee) –  Carascal, Cantilan, Madrid, Surigao del surJanuary 28, 2019
It is a fun workplace. A learned a lot. I inspected sites, review plans. The boss is great. Employees and staffs are kind. Good workplace. Clean and well airconditioned
It's Good
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tarlac City, TarlacJanuary 26, 2019
Was a great atmosphere. Manager appointed duties to me so that he can focus on other things. Was reliable in completing these assigned duties at any time of the day.
Officemates are good but the District Engineer is not fair
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MimaropaJanuary 24, 2019
We decided to apply to Canada because of the hopelessness of the corruption in the Philippine Government. Although the working condition is very family friendly the leadership of the DE is in question.
Pros
Friendly co worker
Cons
The District Engineer is very bias
Salary / Benefits
Productive and Fun workplace with a work-oriented team willing to help each other in achieving goals and beating deadlines
ENGINEER I (Former Employee) –  Ligao City, PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2019
My past job thought me how to program and quantify the materials needed for a project and thought me how to use the AutoCad. They also thought of using survey equipment such as total stations and RTK.
Pros
no work on saturdays and sundays
Cons
Delayed Salary
Good colleagues
Administrative Aide III (Former Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative RegionJanuary 14, 2019
Work and life is balanced. Good colleagues. Job is not very demanding. Good guidance from elderly colleagues. Promotes extra curricular activities for employees like zumba and yoga during free time.
Productive and Fun Work Place
On the Job Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sta. Barbara PangasinanJanuary 14, 2019
Good Company with a good workmate, they care about their workers no crab mentality a good Regional Director and a supportive bosses, indeed a fun work place.<3
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun workplace on sunny weathers
Road Cleaner (Former Employee) –  CagayanJanuary 13, 2019
Its good to work at DPWH as a Road Cleaner.Its funny to work with our colleaques along the road.The environment is good and we are energetic throughout the day.But in sunny weathers,its a great challenge to work under the sun for long hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
productive and enjoyed
CIVIL ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 8, 2019
It was such a wonderful workplace to work at. The employees are very much welcoming and easy to work with. Their humbling works were very inspirational.
Productive workplace
Project Engineer / Project Inspector (Current Employee) –  Surigao del NorteJanuary 1, 2019
The agency I worked is very helpful in my career as it develops us by exposing in field work like roads, buildings and bridge construction. I learned a lot especially in time management and project supervision.
Pros
Free service in project inspection
Cons
Long hours with unexpected overtime
Salary / Benefits
A fun and challeging work.
Engineering Aide (Former Employee) –  Iloilo City PhilippinesDecember 10, 2018
A great place to work, employees are friendly. the tough part of this job if there is new projects/road constructions.but i learned hoe to supervised people nicely. we enjoy a lot if there are special occasions, like employees birhtdays.
Salary / Benefits
Engineering Assistant, Planning Division (Former Employee) –  Sevilla, San Fernando, La UnionNovember 18, 2018
DPWH is government agency that provides me more experience in construction and civil works. It helps me improve my career, skills and ability. An agency that is helpful for all job seekers for civil and structural jobs related.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and very interesting workplace with basketball court
rechecking of building plans (Former Employee) –  baras, canaman, camarines surNovember 15, 2018
hey, i'am ramand jake jut call me nam, a typical day at work is good for me because at day our mind and body are always active to do works mentally and physically.
Pros
free snack and lunch
Cons
long hour
productive
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  manila, philippinesOctober 19, 2018
Have spent my whole entire career life dedicately in government service with fruitful experience in road construction, program of works,implementation and inspection reports.
Salary / Benefits
Work expierience but lack competitiveness
Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Divisoria, Zamboanga City, PhilippinesOctober 12, 2018
Working in Department of Works and Highways is a previlage, giving me the knowledge that i can use for my future work and experience but the lack of competitiveness is the one that drag me out of it. But overall is a great experience. I am blessed to be part of Department of Public Works and Highways
work is very easy
ADMINSTRATIVE AIDE I (Current Employee) –  Pagadian, Zamboanga del SurOctober 5, 2018
dpwh gives specific task or job and 8 working day with overtime, dpwh personnel are very supported aside that the managements gives weekly activies in order to avoid stress
Pros
salary late
Cons
8 hours
challenging and pressure
Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  DavaoAugust 29, 2018
DPWH, is the executive department of the Philippine government solely vested with the Mandate to “be the State's engineering and construction arm” and, as such, it is “tasked to carry out the policy” of the State to “maintain an engineering and construction arm and continuously develop its technology, for the purposes of ensuring the safety of all infrastructure facilities and securing for all public works and highways the highest efficiency and the most appropriate quality in construction” and shall be responsible for “the planning, design, construction and maintenance of infrastructure facilities, especially national highways, flood control and water resources development systems, and other public works in accordance with national development objectives,” provided that, the exercise of which “shall be decentralized to the fullest extent feasible.”
Pros
awards
Cons
with overtime
Salary / Benefits
productive and work place with gym
Jr Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  PHAugust 27, 2018
A typical day at work for me is finish the job intended for me and explore other work if possible. I've learned that in the company the best way to brighten your career is through better communication and coordinating with each other
Pros
Free Outing and free seminars for the benefit of the career