Department of Public Works and Highways

Department of Public Works and Highways Employee Reviews

Overall I learned a lot working in Department of Public Works and Highways
Working in DPWH has been a challenge for me because the environment is very competitive but I took advantage of it to excel in my job as a Project Engineer.
fun workplace
its just a typical day
i learned on how to greet a proper manner of the guests.

The management is good and cooperate

sometime its quiet

when some of the guest is mad on you . for seeking your boss and shes not yet around on the office
Not so fair enough
My efforts aren't appreciated at all. What they see are the shortcomings. Salary is always delayed and the treatment for job order employees is not fair.
Salary / Benefits
I find my job at DPWH having a perfect balance of field jobs and office works
My work experience at Department of Public Works and Highway polished my skills and capabilities. They let me participates in seminars and trainings. They also encourage us to improve our work ethics and to always aspire good behavior between our co-worker.
Fun Environment
typical day at work is enjoyable, learning clerical job and learned to deal with different type of clients. Management is very satisfactory and workplace culture is fun and hardest part is none and most enjoyable part of the job is the achievement that you have done within the day and being with your coworker laughing.
Salary / Benefits
You get to travel and mingle with different kind of peoples. It is great for beginners because you can learn a lot from joining the team who had more experience.
Salary / Benefits
Competitive and Stressful, but in a good way
My experience in DPWH is quite a journey. It's a stressful and competitive atmosphere inside the organization, yet I've learned how to adapt and still turned out to be okay.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Preparing Reports and Communications, to be patient and strive hard , Approachable and Good Management, Productive and Fun Workplace but sometimes other people makes stories behind you, hardest when others did not appreciate what you did for the office, enjoyable on the productive workplace and others
Salary / Benefits
It was good working in DPWH
It was good and challenging to work in DPWH I was connected with them 7 years. I was assigned CE designate. I experienced working on field in Water System spring development project .
Competetive and productive workplace
I do reports on the routine maintenance on roads. Maintenance have a crucial time in opening roads in times of calamities, we report damages of roads.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun place to work in
All the employees are easy to approach. They gave you a smile when coming inside the premises and regarding to employees in the department we assigned, they are all smiles and they have a warm welcome to us
Salary / Benefits
a very challenging work place
Everyday is a very challenging day or let say that everyday is another day to see how an individual do a public service. Balancing in every situation is indeed and be positive always in front of everyone.
Salary / Benefits
The company is a good and has a lot of good people in it.Which you can be competitive also and also to be a better engineer. And i learn how to manage my time also. By that i learned how to work in under pressure also
Work-life balance.
You get to meet a lot of professionals and work with them harmoniously from engineers of different fields to accountants. It is a government office so you get to spend your weekends with your family.
professional development and growth
Working for on this office has been a great learning experience for me. I’m so lucky to become part of DPWH family. I have grown in many ways and I enjoyed so much working in my office. I will not forget the support and guidance to become more professional in many ways.
Salary / Benefits
Knowledgeable and very useful peformance.
Productive and fun workplace. I do printing, white printing of floor plan. We also do site visit in the different Barangays and Town in our Province especially the road way, flood control, perspective gymnasium.
Salary / Benefits
Fun work environment with good camaraderie amongst the employees
Learned a lot about road design and construction which is mostly for civil engineers but the management taught me a lot about it while still keeping the relevance of the job to my field.
Productive Company
Good administration and a pleasant workplace. I learned engineering skills and technical works. Even though the salary isn't much but the experience that I've been through gain me more knowledge.
Salary / Benefits
Challenging and productive agency for the benefit of public service.
I rated five stars overall rating for the department for the reason which a prime agency that caters all infra development of the government and full involvement in the public through public service.
Pros
Job security tenure
Cons
Extra work hours
Salary / Benefits
Productive and lively workplace.
People here are amazing. Friendly, sophisticated, productive, and really cares about each and every employee, regardless of which team you belong to. The lawyers here are kind and extremely helpful.
Good Workplace
Fun Workplace. The Staff are friendly and productive. Work hours are also favorable (8:00am-5:00pm). There are also times when free snacks are enjoyed (ex: birthdays).
Pros
Free Lunch/ Snacks every First Friday
Cons
Delayed Salary and Congested Work space
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Public Works and Highways. Our community is ready to answer.