Department of Public Works and Highways Employee Reviews

Productive Company
AutoCAD Operator (Current Employee) –  manila, PhilippinesSeptember 2, 2019
Good administration and a pleasant workplace. I learned engineering skills and technical works. Even though the salary isn't much but the experience that I've been through gain me more knowledge.
Salary / Benefits
Challenging and productive agency for the benefit of public service.
Architect 2 (Former Employee) –  Bantay, Ilocos Sur, PhilippinesAugust 28, 2019
I rated five stars overall rating for the department for the reason which a prime agency that caters all infra development of the government and full involvement in the public through public service.
Pros
Job security tenure
Cons
Extra work hours
Salary / Benefits
Productive and lively workplace.
LEGAL AND RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 17, 2019
People here are amazing. Friendly, sophisticated, productive, and really cares about each and every employee, regardless of which team you belong to. The lawyers here are kind and extremely helpful.
Good Workplace
Engineering Assistant (Contract of Service) (Current Employee) –  Virac, CatanduanesAugust 13, 2019
Fun Workplace. The Staff are friendly and productive. Work hours are also favorable (8:00am-5:00pm). There are also times when free snacks are enjoyed (ex: birthdays).
Pros
Free Lunch/ Snacks every First Friday
Cons
Delayed Salary and Congested Work space
Educated people
BUDGETING AIDE (Current Employee) –  Cebu CityAugust 13, 2019
Good environment,
I learned to handle stress works,
Can approach everyone even higher position.
Average workplace.
To process other documents that not completely approved.
Finishing the task as said by the management and appreciation of employer.
Productive and fun
Data Encoder (Former Employee) –  Pasig CityAugust 5, 2019
Love the sorroundings.
Employees there were friendly.
They will guide you.
There is professionalism.
I love the way of their communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary / Benefits
Good place to work if you are from or around that area
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Zamboanga del SurJuly 17, 2019
Working there has its perks but only if your part of the regular personnel. No security for contractual workers.
Pay is good on a local basis but internationally your pay is actually small. If you want to live there and want good job security for a long term basis then go for it but politics can change the work environment greatly.
Salary / Benefits
Engineer II (Project and Maintenance Engineer) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 7, 2019
As Maintenance Engineer who is assigned in the maintenance of roads and bridges, workers and head of office is very cooperative and helpful, during calamities and floods, teamwork is always there so that the works will be accomplished on time. Workplace is very nice, there is a basketball court and a tennis court for workers. During summer we had our team building in the company.
Pros
Sometime free snacks and lunches
Cons
always have long hours overtime
Salary / Benefits
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  Oroquieta City, Misamis OccidentalJune 27, 2019
I've learned a lot of this company.I prepare certification of availability funds, encode e-budget transaction like prepare electronic obligation request, I assist in making financial reports saobb, encode gaa receive from region office.
Productive place.
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Roxas, Oriental MindoroJune 9, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the work is that I am able to do site surveys, geotagging, plot and design plans for roads, flood control and school building.
Fun workplace
Quantity Surveyor/Drafter (Former Employee) –  Pangasinan, PhilippinesMarch 19, 2019
As part of being in the public sector is I only work 5-days a week which is why the balance on work and life is fun. I learned how the government sector works.
Salary / Benefits
Planning Engineer (Job Order) (Former Employee) –  Larena, SiquijorMarch 14, 2019
it is rewarding in terms of experience. it is beautiful working condition. it is complete with the neccessary engineering works and its environmental friendly
Productive and fun workplace
Government Internship Program (GIP) (Former Employee) –  ManilaFebruary 5, 2019
As i stayed here, I learned how to be properly manage all the things that I needed to do for the entire week. The most enjoyable part of the job I had here is that I got a very considerate superior, she helped me a lot and always tried to explained everything to me.
Fun Environement
Engineer-1 (Current Employee) –  Carascal, Cantilan, Madrid, Surigao del surJanuary 28, 2019
It is a fun workplace. A learned a lot. I inspected sites, review plans. The boss is great. Employees and staffs are kind. Good workplace. Clean and well airconditioned
It's Good
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tarlac City, TarlacJanuary 26, 2019
Was a great atmosphere. Manager appointed duties to me so that he can focus on other things. Was reliable in completing these assigned duties at any time of the day.
Officemates are good but the District Engineer is not fair
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MimaropaJanuary 24, 2019
We decided to apply to Canada because of the hopelessness of the corruption in the Philippine Government. Although the working condition is very family friendly the leadership of the DE is in question.
Pros
Friendly co worker
Cons
The District Engineer is very bias
Salary / Benefits
Productive and Fun workplace with a work-oriented team willing to help each other in achieving goals and beating deadlines
ENGINEER I (Former Employee) –  Ligao City, PhilippinesJanuary 18, 2019
My past job thought me how to program and quantify the materials needed for a project and thought me how to use the AutoCad. They also thought of using survey equipment such as total stations and RTK.
Pros
no work on saturdays and sundays
Cons
Delayed Salary
Good colleagues
Administrative Aide III (Former Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative RegionJanuary 14, 2019
Work and life is balanced. Good colleagues. Job is not very demanding. Good guidance from elderly colleagues. Promotes extra curricular activities for employees like zumba and yoga during free time.
Productive and Fun Work Place
On the Job Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sta. Barbara PangasinanJanuary 14, 2019
Good Company with a good workmate, they care about their workers no crab mentality a good Regional Director and a supportive bosses, indeed a fun work place.<3
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun workplace on sunny weathers
Road Cleaner (Former Employee) –  CagayanJanuary 13, 2019
Its good to work at DPWH as a Road Cleaner.Its funny to work with our colleaques along the road.The environment is good and we are energetic throughout the day.But in sunny weathers,its a great challenge to work under the sun for long hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks