Department of Public Works and Highways

Department of Public Works and Highways Employee Reviews

Fun Environment
typical day at work is enjoyable, learning clerical job and learned to deal with different type of clients. Management is very satisfactory and workplace culture is fun and hardest part is none and most enjoyable part of the job is the achievement that you have done within the day and being with your coworker laughing.
Salary / Benefits
Project Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cordillera Administrative Region, PhilippinesDecember 19, 2019
You get to travel and mingle with different kind of peoples. It is great for beginners because you can learn a lot from joining the team who had more experience.
Salary / Benefits
Competitive and Stressful, but in a good way
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Carmona, CaviteDecember 15, 2019
My experience in DPWH is quite a journey. It's a stressful and competitive atmosphere inside the organization, yet I've learned how to adapt and still turned out to be okay.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Administrative Aide III (Current Employee) –  LabasonDecember 11, 2019
Preparing Reports and Communications, to be patient and strive hard , Approachable and Good Management, Productive and Fun Workplace but sometimes other people makes stories behind you, hardest when others did not appreciate what you did for the office, enjoyable on the productive workplace and others
Salary / Benefits
It was good working in DPWH
CE designate (Former Employee) –  PHDecember 11, 2019
It was good and challenging to work in DPWH I was connected with them 7 years. I was assigned CE designate. I experienced working on field in Water System spring development project .
Competetive and productive workplace
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  ApayaoDecember 10, 2019
I do reports on the routine maintenance on roads. Maintenance have a crucial time in opening roads in times of calamities, we report damages of roads.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun place to work in
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  ManilaDecember 9, 2019
All the employees are easy to approach. They gave you a smile when coming inside the premises and regarding to employees in the department we assigned, they are all smiles and they have a warm welcome to us
Salary / Benefits
a very challenging work place
Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  Daet, Camarines NorteNovember 22, 2019
Everyday is a very challenging day or let say that everyday is another day to see how an individual do a public service. Balancing in every situation is indeed and be positive always in front of everyone.
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Ilocos NorteNovember 18, 2019
The company is a good and has a lot of good people in it.Which you can be competitive also and also to be a better engineer. And i learn how to manage my time also. By that i learned how to work in under pressure also
Work-life balance.
Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  ZambalesOctober 24, 2019
You get to meet a lot of professionals and work with them harmoniously from engineers of different fields to accountants. It is a government office so you get to spend your weekends with your family.
professional development and growth
ENGINEER I (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 7, 2019
Working for on this office has been a great learning experience for me. I’m so lucky to become part of DPWH family. I have grown in many ways and I enjoyed so much working in my office. I will not forget the support and guidance to become more professional in many ways.
Salary / Benefits
Knowledgeable and very useful peformance.
CAD Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Bangbangalon, Boac, MarinduqueSeptember 28, 2019
Productive and fun workplace. I do printing, white printing of floor plan. We also do site visit in the different Barangays and Town in our Province especially the road way, flood control, perspective gymnasium.
Salary / Benefits
Fun work environment with good camaraderie amongst the employees
ENGINEER II | LAND SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  Paranaque CitySeptember 2, 2019
Learned a lot about road design and construction which is mostly for civil engineers but the management taught me a lot about it while still keeping the relevance of the job to my field.
Productive Company
AutoCAD Operator (Current Employee) –  manila, PhilippinesSeptember 2, 2019
Good administration and a pleasant workplace. I learned engineering skills and technical works. Even though the salary isn't much but the experience that I've been through gain me more knowledge.
Salary / Benefits
Challenging and productive agency for the benefit of public service.
Architect 2 (Former Employee) –  Bantay, Ilocos Sur, PhilippinesAugust 28, 2019
I rated five stars overall rating for the department for the reason which a prime agency that caters all infra development of the government and full involvement in the public through public service.
Pros
Job security tenure
Cons
Extra work hours
Salary / Benefits
Productive and lively workplace.
LEGAL AND RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 17, 2019
People here are amazing. Friendly, sophisticated, productive, and really cares about each and every employee, regardless of which team you belong to. The lawyers here are kind and extremely helpful.
Good Workplace
Engineering Assistant (Contract of Service) (Current Employee) –  Virac, CatanduanesAugust 13, 2019
Fun Workplace. The Staff are friendly and productive. Work hours are also favorable (8:00am-5:00pm). There are also times when free snacks are enjoyed (ex: birthdays).
Pros
Free Lunch/ Snacks every First Friday
Cons
Delayed Salary and Congested Work space
Educated people
BUDGETING AIDE (Current Employee) –  Cebu CityAugust 13, 2019
Good environment,
I learned to handle stress works,
Can approach everyone even higher position.
Average workplace.
To process other documents that not completely approved.
Finishing the task as said by the management and appreciation of employer.
Productive and fun
Data Encoder (Former Employee) –  Pasig CityAugust 5, 2019
Love the sorroundings.
Employees there were friendly.
They will guide you.
There is professionalism.
I love the way of their communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary / Benefits
Good place to work if you are from or around that area
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Zamboanga del SurJuly 17, 2019
Working there has its perks but only if your part of the regular personnel. No security for contractual workers.
Pay is good on a local basis but internationally your pay is actually small. If you want to live there and want good job security for a long term basis then go for it but politics can change the work environment greatly.