Department Of Health Management reviews

Happy together with workmates
Public Health Associate (Current Employee) –  DavaoJune 18, 2018
-exert extra effort on workplace
-I've learned a lot from my previous companies I've been working since then.
-I like a management that not only focused on company but also to their employee.
-I've been a lot as an employee, but the hardest thing I've ever encountered was being scolded in front of a large crowd
-being with Co-workers and sharing thoughts together.
Field and Office work
TB NURSE (Current Employee) –  taclobanMarch 13, 2018
As a TB nurse, we deal mostly with indigent TB patients. Working with DOH is challenging but at the same time, you will learn how ton deal with people from different walks in life. The management listens to what the employees has to say.
productive and fun workplace
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iloilo CityDecember 7, 2017
it was a two unit of workplace hospital and rural health. we focusing with maternal and child health care delivery by empowering their health care system.management provides guidelines needed for. culture is not a problem cause we understand each other.the hardest part of a job maybe none cause mostly our patient is cooperative.the enjoyable part was in the rural health unit because it was not toxic unlike the hospital duty.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and great learning experience
Senior Administrative Asst. II (Former Employee) –  ManilaApril 15, 2017
Job culture is great with good balance between work and life. Interaction with different personnel of different departments about issues on hardware and software. Learned a lot about creating reports, troubleshooting local and network hardware and software. Management was very supportive and helpful. Approachable when you need them. Public bidding is quite draining as it involves a lot of paper works. No pressure is what I enjoy about it .
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Low salary
good job for starters
Public Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Iloilo CityMarch 8, 2017
My work involves data management and I have to pass necessary reports every deadlines. The work becomes fun because I have met different and new people in the workplace.
Salary / Benefits
its a pleasure working everyday with the support of co-workers and specially the management.
administrative aide IV (Former Employee) –  legaspi city philippinesJanuary 18, 2017
inspecting the vehicle before conduction of co-worker and make sure they arrive and return destinationin their safe ad sound.the management is very supportive with their employers.
Pros
travel everywhere
Cons
long work hours
Salary / Benefits
Productive and nice workplace.
Medical Technologist II Deployment Program (Former Employee) –  Tuguegarao City, PhilippinesDecember 3, 2016
I have learned something new every day. My experience has helped me grow professionally. I also have the chance of meeting some amazing people.
Pros
Good management and nice colleagues. Enjoy daily work!
Cons
Too many patients leading to late lunch for most of the time.
Salary / Benefits
they enhance my skills in labor and delivery
rural heath midwifes placement program (Former Employee) –  Iloilo CitySeptember 27, 2016
great working atmosphere
the management is very considerate
my co workers become my friends
adjusting to new people are challenging
every now and then there is social parties
Pros
free foods
Cons
its only a 1 year training
Salary / Benefits
productive and i can relate to people well
Nurse I (Former Employee) –  ManilaAugust 6, 2016
i have been working with the Department for 3 years and i have seen myself growing everyday. i have been confident with my abilities because the more i am exposed to people, the more i discover the good qualities that is within me. seeing them becoming well because of my teachings makes me proud as a health care provider.
Pros
no time constraints, good management
Cons
slight issue on salary delay
Salary / Benefits
A government office which has integrity
Supply Officer (Former Employee) –  ManilaJune 4, 2016
1. Preparing daily written communications for the stakeholders (e.i. end-user, suppliers) enhances my ability to compose professional letters, memoranda and other necessary procurement documents
2. Time management, self-motivation, being competent with the scope of work and being organize
3. The management
4. All my co-workers are engaging and work becomes enjoyable since we share our ideas to obtain common goal for the office
5. Sometimes the bulk of procurement packages
6. I gained professional knowledge and I developed my skills through written and verbal communication with stakeholders on a daily basis
Salary / Benefits
Provides agood work environment and gives opportunuites to travel and meet with other colleagues in the different parrts of the country.
Nutritionist IV (Former Employee) –  Quezon City, PhilippinesFebruary 11, 2016
The tasks are performed based on the approved plans for the program. There are administrative tasks and bulk of the work is on the technical aspect. Ie., planning for the activities, implementation of activities such as health education, trainings, seminars, workshops, program reviews. After which is the monitoring and evaluation of the conducted activites.

One of the most enjoyable part of the work is being able to meet different people and go to different places.

Management is supportive to its employees and gives annual breaks through team building activities and company parties.
Pros
Free accomodation during trainings
Cons
long hours of work
Salary / Benefits
Fun and Productive workplace.
Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Project 4 Quezon City, PhilippinesApril 21, 2015
The Department of Health Philippines, provided me a vast knowledge about the community programs implemented in the whole country from noncommunicable and communicable diseases, maternal health,child care and nutrition to Tubercolis management and etcera.Because of this job,I met friendly and dependent coworkers who are always there to teach and support me in every way.

I believe that there is no easy job and there are things that you really hate about it, but the end of the day, you learn to accept and love every single thing about it that will push you to strive harder. Moreover, the most enjoyable part of this job is you get to meet new people every day- with different ages,customs and traditions, friendly or not. You will learn to respect their views and opinions to get their trust which is one of the important keys in nursing care. Their simple "Thank Yous" is the most empowering words and will let you feel the sense of accomplishment from all the things you have done for them.

This experience was a complete eye opener that teaches me to become a better person. I am not considering this as a profession, but a passion to help other people who are in need.
Pros
Help the people who have no access to medical care
Salary / Benefits
Productive work place with friends
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cebu City, P07March 23, 2015
We usually cater patients who are for check - up regarding their health status. I love my job but the people around me somehow make the job a lot harder because of the negative vibes around the workplace. Especially the heads who are rude to us. But we respect them. I just swallowed everything and pray for them. I think that is part of the job.
Doh
Community Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baguio, P15February 11, 2015
my typical day is to immunized children, surveys and first aid.. to be more flexible in time management... my co workers are easy to get along with.. the hardest part of my job is when people don't come back for a follow up check up
Pros
meet people, access to provinces
Salary / Benefits
Productive and good work place
Nurse (Current Employee) –  P12January 19, 2015
there are busy days with a lot of patients but there are also times that the patient are slowing down. I learned a lot on how to deal with the community, how to have patience when you are serving the community. The management is fine. Some co-workers are good and some have a bad attitude. Any job is hard but if you love your job you will just work everyday loving it except if you have a co-workers with bad attitudes. But I can handle those attitudes of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is to serve the community even if they are in the far flung areas.
Pros
with TEV on some travels related to the program
Cons
no free philhealth and GSIS or PAG-IBIG
Salary / Benefits
Very productive, educational ,busy and fun.
SUPERVISING PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Philippines, Region 3 ZambalesNovember 11, 2014
A typical day like monitoring and supervision of retail pharmacy and making & submission of report, I learned that most of the program of the Department of Health is relevant to the Filipino people. Management and supervision of Pharmacy is very interesting with my co-workers they are very supportive. Hardest part of the job is when there is disaster and outbreak disease, we have to work very hard to assist the people in need for the medical assistance and allocation of disaster medicines. And the most enjoyable part is when we have the Training to other place or out of country with my collea
gue.
Pros
Trainings, workshop and seminars
Dynamic and fun workplace
Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Baguio, P15October 8, 2014
I was deployed to a community with more than a thousand constituents where I used to attend to client's health issues and do home visitations. I have learned to become more independent and responsible enough in dealing with my clients. The management and my co-workers were accommodating and supportive. The hardest part of the job is not being able to attend to everybody's needs because I was alone and there is scarcity of needed equipment. Being able to cope up and eventually live with the customs, traditions and culture of the place was my most treasured enjoyable moment during my job.
Pros
free board and lodging, free meals and snacks
Cons
too few employees of the company
Satisfactory
Medical Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P07February 4, 2014
Supervises nurse coordinator and computer programmer/encoder for health information to come up with timely and accurate quarterly and annual vital statistics.
Supervision and team work.
Management is supportive.
Mentoring and knowledge sharing with my staff and fellow program coordinators.
Transferring knowledge and developing skills on data analysis and specifically recruit fellow co-worker to be interested in medical research.
When you have conducted and met the objectives of the training/seminar/activities and getting positive results/expectations from the participants.
Pros
Meeting with program implementors and identifying gaps/problems and solutions
Cons
When it is do hard to make changes in order to improve
Salary / Benefits
my productive work place is working in the hospital at present i work in department of health
rhmpp (Current Employee) –  San Fernando, P03June 18, 2013
well,right now i'm presently working in department of health as rural health midwife placement program.I learned a lot of things in this job the life of the poorest of the poor .Time management is very important so that i can do my job properly and of course the co-workers has a big role if you will work as a team everything will be done very well ,the hardship is going to their place because their home is very far their home are in the middle of farm no neighborhood .But because they see us were so sincere upon helping them that's why all our hardship all gone because they cooperate ...
Pros
they give us allowance
Cons
we also have free transportation