Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Place that encourages creativity and professional freedom
Architect III (Current Employee) –  NCROctober 10, 2018
In my years of stay in this office, I was trained in different fields of the construction industry. From scratch to completion, we were given due participation and importance.
Productive and challenging.
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iloilo, PhilippinesSeptember 10, 2018
Productive and fun working with the community and doing some report on maternal, child and family planning program. It is self fulfilling when you provide a quality health care and giving health advocacies. The workplace is quite challenging because you have to go home visitation and some onsite visits on different areas assigned for you. It is very vital that I have learned the value of providing quality health care to each individual we encounter and the value of health.
Pros
fun colleagues
Community setting
Public Health Associate (Current Employee) –  PangasinanAugust 24, 2018
Im the one who consolidate all the reports comig from the nurses and sent in to regional office via email. I always assisted when we have a event. We have a lot of seminars like how to screen new born babies . We also had our basic life support training.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
40 hrs a week
engaging workplace with trainings
Nurse Deployment Project (Current Employee) –  Cagayan de OroAugust 22, 2018
I usually do more of counseling, doing lectures and assisting patients. I am very much happy to see the innovations within me. I have changed a lot. My first year in a community setting was a merely difficult thing because it was the time of adjustment period. I used to do hospital chores, but today I was able to be manageable in community and hospital setting. the best part of being a community nurse is by basically seeing the people happy once you have hade visit them. but the most difficult to admit is we are all contractual.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
log hours
fun and learn
Nurse (Current Employee) –  LeyteAugust 4, 2018
working in the community is fun and you learn many things from people who lived in remote areas. As a community nurse, you work hard and help people in need most.
Pros
walking, exercise
Cons
volunteer
Salary / Benefits
The agency has given me the opportunity to be of service with the oppressed and vulnerable clients
Universal Health Care Implementor (Current Employee) –  LeyteJuly 27, 2018
Working for this agency was so challenging. You have to use initiative for the programs to be advocated. Different strategies used to formulate activities. I was able to express my passion for public service. Thanks to DOH
Salary / Benefits
enjoying the people's warm welcome to every home visit i make
NURSE (Former Employee) –  san fernando, la union, philippinesJuly 21, 2018
house to house visit to look after the health of the people in the community. ensuring that all pregnant women are tracked and given health services. Ensuring that all the infants have completed their immunizations before they reach 1 year old.
i think the hardest part of the job is when you have to go house to house visits and there are a lot of dogs wandering in the area. the heat of the sun is tolerable. good thing, my area is not flood prone when rainy season comes
i did enjoy every day of my job because i get to talk to different people of different age range and i feel very much fulfilled if i helped them with their needs regarding to health.
Productive and very knowlegeable
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iloilo CityJuly 11, 2018
Patient management on medications and conducting health education and proper sanitation. I learned to be passionate in caring for my patients and motivate them to become enthusiastic in their activities of daily living. I had a very good time management with patients, workmates, and myself. I became flexible in establishing rapport and relating to the environment as well. As a community nurse, hardest part of my job is walking to far flung areas to render care and the most enjoyable part is seeing my patient satisfied by the service I have offered and seeing them well.
Pros
Time management
Cons
Long hours of walks to far flung areas
Productive and Relaxing
Encoder (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityJuly 8, 2018
It was a very beneficial and relaxing work for me back in DoH and the people I worked with were accomodating, approachable, and light to work with. Overall, the work was very fit for my skills.
Pros
Free Lunches
Happy together with workmates
Public Health Associate (Current Employee) –  DavaoJune 18, 2018
-exert extra effort on workplace
-I've learned a lot from my previous companies I've been working since then.
-I like a management that not only focused on company but also to their employee.
-I've been a lot as an employee, but the hardest thing I've ever encountered was being scolded in front of a large crowd
-being with Co-workers and sharing thoughts together.
Salary / Benefits
A good start to build a working relationship with co-workers and primary healthcare providers.
Public Health Nurse (Philippines) (Former Employee) –  Dapitan City, PhilippinesJune 9, 2018
Constantly engaged in the community.
House to house visit 3x a week; 2x a week for schedule Immunization and Prenatal services.
Do a full scale mop-up immunization during outbreak of measles
Hardest part is when I sail on a small boat to reach geographically islolate areas to render services, risky when the sea is rough.
Feels satisfying when I'm able to help fellow countrymen at the end of the day.
Pros
free travel allowance
Productive work place
Nurse (Former Employee) –  PampangaJune 4, 2018
Learned how to deal with different people. The enjoyable part of the job is dealing with people and helping them.. The management is very considerate..
Fun to work with
Nurse (Former Employee) –  RizalMay 23, 2018
My work in Department of health in philippines include house to house visit in depressed areas, we give services like prenatal check ups, newborn vaccines, flu &pneumonia vaccines in senior citizens. I handled refferals to hospitals for patients found with serious conditions like bedridden, TB patients.
prodeuctve
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  caviteMay 18, 2018
its a very happy and jouyful place to work with and sorrounded by geat professionals wjo hone you to develop your professional skills and also as an individual as well.
Salary / Benefits
Productive, fun and full of adventures.
Nurse Deployment Program (Community Nurse) (Current Employee) –  LeyteApril 18, 2018
Long ride to the assigned areas and weather conditions are unpredictable. One must have enough patience in dealing with different kinds of people, good communication skills will do a lot. I have learned to manage my time and work, create a more productive working place and communicate with the people around to help minimize the workload and observe teamwork and respect to colleagues .
Salary / Benefits
Fun workplace. And employees are approachable.
On the Job Training (OJT) (Former Employee) –  LeyteApril 8, 2018
It was productive and fun having my ojt in DOH. I learned a lot in there. The employees in ICTU are fun to work with. They are friendly and approachable.
Productive about health program
Staff midwife (Former Employee) –  Doh ncroApril 4, 2018
Outstanding in giving health tips to personnel and productive to health programme especially the trending news about dengue vaccines ,the gave more and understandable information to people who are affected.
Pros
Non free lunches
Cons
Minimum hours
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Public Health Associate (Former Employee) –  MimaropaMarch 16, 2018
Basic public health duties in the community. 8 hours of duty, visits some area in the community especially those who lived in geographically isolated areas.
Pros
Free food, accomodation etc when on travel.
Cons
Contractual
Field and Office work
TB NURSE (Current Employee) –  taclobanMarch 13, 2018
As a TB nurse, we deal mostly with indigent TB patients. Working with DOH is challenging but at the same time, you will learn how ton deal with people from different walks in life. The management listens to what the employees has to say.
Salary / Benefits
Public service at its best.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  BAGUIO CITY PHILIPPINESMarch 9, 2018
Working with DOH-CAR is such a dream fulfillment. Serving, reaching and interacting with different people including indigenous people is a pleasure!!!