Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Found 319 reviews matching the search See all 1,527 reviews
Extravagant work I had been at the Department of Health
Nurse Deployment Project/CommunityHealth Nurse (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 9, 2019
Working in the community setting is a calling because you would reach far flung areas just to give aide and services to the people and Indigenous tribe.
Fun workplace
Nurse (Former Employee) –  PampangaMay 23, 2019
Good people to work with. A bit busy but we made working enjoyable. You have to be a people person to enjoy this job as it is mostly interaction with people.
Good Department
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Cotabato City, MaguindanaoMay 19, 2019
monthly, quarterly and annual reports must summit to the higher office
i learned that all hospitals in ARMM are functional
the work place culture is Muslim Culture
hardest part of the job is to present the updates and reports to the regional governor
enjoyable part is team building and travels
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
12 hours duty
Salary / Benefits
good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  CotabatoMay 15, 2019
i learned about administrative work, technical, making communications, payments, assisting in trainings or meetings and organizing documents in the office.
full filling
Nurse (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 2, 2019
it is full filling job in which you go to a community and provide health promotion programs such as immunization vaccines, health teachings, post-partal and pre-natal check ups.
Pros
work is from 8am to 5pm
Cons
can be assigned in a very remote and far area
Salary / Benefits
Business is not as usual
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Bicol RegionApril 28, 2019
The agency practices an output based performance wherein every employee is expected to do their jobs at their best and give results that will contribute to the organization as a whole. Everyday at the DOH is not business as usual.
Pros
effective work life balance
Cons
triple effort to give deliverable
Excellent Experience
HRH, Nurse Deployment Project (Former Employee) –  Malita Davao OccidentalApril 25, 2019
It was like a breath of fresh air since I was assigned in an isolated area. I got to see the life of the poorest of the poor. Wherein they are unable to have access to basic health care needs. I was glad to be of help as a community nurse.
I learned a lot.
NURSE TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Panganiban Drive, Naga City, PhilippinesApril 17, 2019
Moderately busy most of the time. Had time to travel while at work. Had a wonderful time playing basketball for the institution. There are times the overall environment is not pleasant because of lesser personnel ratio versus the patients that the hospital is catering.
Pros
Very coducive for learning.
Cons
Understaff facility.
Fun workplace
NURSE 1 (Former Employee) –  CAGAYAN, PHILIPPINESApril 4, 2019
I learned a lot especially community nursing. Learned to deal with people in the communities. Enhanced my communication skills by doing home visits and health education.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 31, 2019
I have worked as a Job Order for almost two years, DOH is really a good company and also have a very nice employees. They will really teach you well and they are giving a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Knowledge and Learnings from Nurses and Doctors
Productive and fun
aged care cleaner (Former Employee) –  Davao CityMarch 29, 2019
I learned from my previous worked doing something even its not so needed became essential, but the management should be accurate in providing solution to avoid conflicts.
Pros
good salary
Cons
over time
Salary / Benefits
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, PampangaMarch 14, 2019
DOH gives me experience that developed my full potential as a Medical Technologist. I gain lots of trainings and seminars; HIV Proficiency Training, Training on Direct Sputum Smear Microscopy, Training on Newborn Screening, Orientation on Malaria RDT and Microscopy.
Job Experience
Health Program Officer I (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 5, 2019
This company will help you build the vast network in government agencies. You will have a career development perks as well as security of tenure. My job here is a bit of a challenging one as I have to do different things everyday such as preparation of documents, allocation of funds, planning for the program etc. The most enjoyable part of this job is I got to travel all around the Philippines.
Pros
Free travel
Salary / Benefits
- good salary, nice working environment with no job security
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  CaragaFebruary 15, 2019
- DOH offers a good salary in the Philippines.
- They offer a lot of seminars and trainings to develop their employees.
- has nice working environment plus you will be able to help the community
-however, it is contractual so there is no security in the job.
-No other benefits
Pros
good salary
Cons
no job security
Fun and productive.
Nurse II (Former Employee) –  AklanFebruary 15, 2019
Department of Health gives a lot of opportunities for Nurses and Midwives in the Philippines. Working with the DOH helps me gain knowledge and courage to help and talk with confidence to the public through health teachings and health awareness. Giving informations regarding the needs of the people and offering health services for free and having acknowledged and appreciated by some people in the barrio makes the work worth while.
I worked with DOH for a year and a half. I was residing in Aklan and able to assigned near my hometown. I was first able to get the NDP Cadre (Nurse II), with a salary of 26k. I was overwhelmed of the salary and also got excited to work because it was indeed my first time working as a community nurse. Was able to work efficiently and effectively in my barrio together with my co-NDPs, they were able to assist and help me with my work. We travelled barrio to barrio. Rode a habal-habal to reach the unreachables. Even tried the bamboo raft to cross the river to another barrio where a lot of people needs the service. Some families were not able to go across the wild rivers due to lack of money to pay for the transportation as well as the hours spent walking just to get to the RHU, instead they buy foods rather than paying a centavo to the taga sagwan and habal habal drivers. Every designated barrios has its own Barangay Health Stations wherein, the Midwife and NDP assigned is the one visiting the place to conduct health programs and health teachings; immunizations FP programs, Outbreaks and Mother's Class. So that's it! Again, we also do the reportings
  more... and submits it by the end of the month to the office.
On the otherhand, the other year has been tough for us all. The DOH announces for a drop of employees due to the lack of budget, so I was one of the many who changes Cadre into a Public Health Associate. Being one of the PHAs has the greatest (i think) workloads of all (not sure of that) LOL. PHAs do the papers. They consolodated all the datas of the ALL CADRES. We are the one submitting soft and hardcopies in the Office. The problem of being a PHA was consolidating the datas with incomplete datas. Asking for some datas and validating it, if the tally get wrong or again there's a discrepancies, we are the one blamed and ask for another copy of this and that. LOL. We also have the least salary of all. Estimated around 19k (previously it was like 16k, it just depends if the Region got an increased). BUT don't get me wrong, I enjoy being a PHA. I really love being in the DOH and being a PHA in our Municipality because of the circle of friends, also we are the ones more knowledgeable about the data being asked and looked for. Lols.

Department of Health gives a lot of opportunities to Nurses to able to work in the Clinical Area. DOH helps you became more stable and even enjoy your work in the community.

So I think that's it.
Pros
High Salary. Good Community experience
Cons
Contractual (di ka pa sure kung maisasali ka sa next list of deployment nila)
good workplace and workmates
Budget Staff (Former Employee) –  Davao CityFebruary 13, 2019
my review is the company or office that i worked in is good they have quality in all of their output. every individual should not focus on their given task but extend their capabilities in other field of jobs/task .
Tiring but its good working in the Department of Health
Contractual nurse/project nurse (Former Employee) –  Nueva VizcayaFebruary 5, 2019
Ive worked as a contractual nurse for 3 years..its good and fun working with the department knowing that your providing care to less fortunate and far flung areas.This worked help me improved my social skill because everyday in your life you have ro mingle/talked to people with different views on life.Walking for long hours under the heat of sun or rain to render health services to far flung areas is worth than anything knowing that those people appreciated your effort,seeing the smiles in their faces and un ending thanks given to you.
Pros
The salary is acceptable
Cons
Contractual/no benefits
Productive and enjoy
Nurse Deployment Project (Former Employee) –  AbraFebruary 1, 2019
Everday is a learning process
I was able to learn different culture and traits
Able to learn different behavior and to be patient with different attitudes
Pros
Free seminars, continues learning
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun work environment
Public Health Associate (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, La UnionJanuary 30, 2019
The hardest part of the job is to travel, As I am a roving worker in DOH, I monitor equipment of Barangay Health Station, Rural Health Unit, and even Hospital. I also helps the engineers to monitor buildings that are being constructed.
Salary / Benefits
providing nursing care in community setting
"Nurse Deployment Project" (Former Employee) –  Maimpis San Fernando Pampanga PhilippinesJanuary 28, 2019
Department of Health is the lead government agency for Health. We nurses were hired to promote and provide the different health programs to the community especially the poor.
Pros
The salary is good no work at weekends
Cons
No other benefits just pure salary