Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Found 147 reviews matching the search See all 1,290 reviews
Productive workplace
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE (Former Employee) –  Cebu CityNovember 26, 2018
You will learn a lot with the Department of Health. It is a Government Institution that deploys nurses in various communities. Implemented different programs especially with the elderly.
Pros
Bigger salary than the other companies in the Philippines
Cons
contractualization
Salary / Benefits
i enjoy my working because I'm serving the community people
Nurse Deployment Project (Current Employee) –  Palo Leyte PhilippinesNovember 25, 2018
Everyday I'm excited to go to work to see my clients because I want to know if they are all fine and i want to update their status and i want to know if i need to refer someone to a higher facility. Even though I can't help them financially, I'm doing the best i can so that they can have access to the health system that they deserve.I learned after almost 5 years in service is that helping people is the best job a person could ever have. It melts my heart when a client would say thank you to me after I helped them.The hardest part of my job is that I'm promoting different health programs but i cannot sustain it due to financial constraints which makes it hard for me to continue and be successful in promoting such activities.
Pros
I get to know and befriends with people
Cons
no employee and employer relationship
Productive and fun
Nurse - II (Former Employee) –  ButuanNovember 24, 2018
Department Of Health help me to mold of who am I today. My experienced and skills enhanced because of my experienced with them. It's a Government Department so I experienced being with the people from all walks of life. I easily adapt to anyone.
Pros
able to enhanced my skills
Salary / Benefits
Harmonious workplace, happy and kind colleagues,
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesNovember 19, 2018
The work place is harmonious, and spacious. A lot to learn, have a good boss, easy to be with colleagues and can be with my family during weekends. unfortunately, under Contract of Service and need to be rehired every six months, unstable enough for my family.
Pros
spend weekends with family
Cons
long hours of duty during weekdays
Fun workplace, productive
Rnheals / Nurse Deployment Project (Former Employee) –  Lawaan, Dapitan City, Zamboange del NorteNovember 12, 2018
We were assigned on different areas under nursing department. Our function is like a nurse trainee under the supervision of a charge nurse. This job give me a lot of experiences hence this is my first job. Learning a lot of things from different areas I was assigned.
productive and fun
Nurse Deployment Project RN Heals Plus Batch Five (Current Employee) –  san fernando city, la union philippinesNovember 5, 2018
we have so many workload but because of camaraderie work is not work anymore. we are also enjoying helping the people in the community, to rendered our services for free and be easily accessible to them.
Pros
helping the poor
Cons
risking your health
Learning -fun work experience
Public Nurse, STI- HIV Surveillance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Butuan City, Agusan del NorteNovember 5, 2018
My daily work routine is to meet new people with different attitudes and cultures promoting wellness for the prevention of different diseases.
I often conduct advocacy seminars to the schools, workplace and community on the prevention of sexually transmitted infections.
Salary / Benefits
Fun and productive to work at department of health
Midwife (Current Employee) –  North cotabatoOctober 15, 2018
A community health midwife is a challenging job.. You can learn a lot specially in dealing with people in the community.. Helping others is a very fulfilling profession
Pros
Free seminars
Salary / Benefits
Place that encourages creativity and professional freedom
Architect III (Current Employee) –  NCROctober 10, 2018
In my years of stay in this office, I was trained in different fields of the construction industry. From scratch to completion, we were given due participation and importance.
Productive and challenging.
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iloilo, PhilippinesSeptember 10, 2018
Productive and fun working with the community and doing some report on maternal, child and family planning program. It is self fulfilling when you provide a quality health care and giving health advocacies. The workplace is quite challenging because you have to go home visitation and some onsite visits on different areas assigned for you. It is very vital that I have learned the value of providing quality health care to each individual we encounter and the value of health.
Pros
fun colleagues
Community setting
Public Health Associate (Current Employee) –  PangasinanAugust 24, 2018
Im the one who consolidate all the reports comig from the nurses and sent in to regional office via email. I always assisted when we have a event. We have a lot of seminars like how to screen new born babies . We also had our basic life support training.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
40 hrs a week
engaging workplace with trainings
Nurse Deployment Project (Current Employee) –  Cagayan de OroAugust 22, 2018
I usually do more of counseling, doing lectures and assisting patients. I am very much happy to see the innovations within me. I have changed a lot. My first year in a community setting was a merely difficult thing because it was the time of adjustment period. I used to do hospital chores, but today I was able to be manageable in community and hospital setting. the best part of being a community nurse is by basically seeing the people happy once you have hade visit them. but the most difficult to admit is we are all contractual.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
log hours
fun and learn
Nurse (Current Employee) –  LeyteAugust 4, 2018
working in the community is fun and you learn many things from people who lived in remote areas. As a community nurse, you work hard and help people in need most.
Pros
walking, exercise
Cons
volunteer
Salary / Benefits
The agency has given me the opportunity to be of service with the oppressed and vulnerable clients
Universal Health Care Implementor (Current Employee) –  LeyteJuly 27, 2018
Working for this agency was so challenging. You have to use initiative for the programs to be advocated. Different strategies used to formulate activities. I was able to express my passion for public service. Thanks to DOH
Salary / Benefits
enjoying the people's warm welcome to every home visit i make
NURSE (Former Employee) –  san fernando, la union, philippinesJuly 21, 2018
house to house visit to look after the health of the people in the community. ensuring that all pregnant women are tracked and given health services. Ensuring that all the infants have completed their immunizations before they reach 1 year old.
i think the hardest part of the job is when you have to go house to house visits and there are a lot of dogs wandering in the area. the heat of the sun is tolerable. good thing, my area is not flood prone when rainy season comes
i did enjoy every day of my job because i get to talk to different people of different age range and i feel very much fulfilled if i helped them with their needs regarding to health.
Productive and very knowlegeable
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iloilo CityJuly 11, 2018
Patient management on medications and conducting health education and proper sanitation. I learned to be passionate in caring for my patients and motivate them to become enthusiastic in their activities of daily living. I had a very good time management with patients, workmates, and myself. I became flexible in establishing rapport and relating to the environment as well. As a community nurse, hardest part of my job is walking to far flung areas to render care and the most enjoyable part is seeing my patient satisfied by the service I have offered and seeing them well.
Pros
Time management
Cons
Long hours of walks to far flung areas
Productive and Relaxing
Encoder (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityJuly 8, 2018
It was a very beneficial and relaxing work for me back in DoH and the people I worked with were accomodating, approachable, and light to work with. Overall, the work was very fit for my skills.
Pros
Free Lunches
Happy together with workmates
Public Health Associate (Current Employee) –  DavaoJune 18, 2018
-exert extra effort on workplace
-I've learned a lot from my previous companies I've been working since then.
-I like a management that not only focused on company but also to their employee.
-I've been a lot as an employee, but the hardest thing I've ever encountered was being scolded in front of a large crowd
-being with Co-workers and sharing thoughts together.
Salary / Benefits
A good start to build a working relationship with co-workers and primary healthcare providers.
Public Health Nurse (Philippines) (Former Employee) –  Dapitan City, PhilippinesJune 9, 2018
Constantly engaged in the community.
House to house visit 3x a week; 2x a week for schedule Immunization and Prenatal services.
Do a full scale mop-up immunization during outbreak of measles
Hardest part is when I sail on a small boat to reach geographically islolate areas to render services, risky when the sea is rough.
Feels satisfying when I'm able to help fellow countrymen at the end of the day.
Pros
free travel allowance
Productive work place
Nurse (Former Employee) –  PampangaJune 4, 2018
Learned how to deal with different people. The enjoyable part of the job is dealing with people and helping them.. The management is very considerate..