Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Fun to work with
Nurse (Former Employee) –  RizalMay 23, 2018
My work in Department of health in philippines include house to house visit in depressed areas, we give services like prenatal check ups, newborn vaccines, flu &pneumonia vaccines in senior citizens. I handled refferals to hospitals for patients found with serious conditions like bedridden, TB patients.
prodeuctve
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  caviteMay 18, 2018
its a very happy and jouyful place to work with and sorrounded by geat professionals wjo hone you to develop your professional skills and also as an individual as well.
Salary / Benefits
Fun workplace. And employees are approachable.
On the Job Training (OJT) (Former Employee) –  LeyteApril 8, 2018
It was productive and fun having my ojt in DOH. I learned a lot in there. The employees in ICTU are fun to work with. They are friendly and approachable.
Productive about health program
Staff midwife (Former Employee) –  Doh ncroApril 4, 2018
Outstanding in giving health tips to personnel and productive to health programme especially the trending news about dengue vaccines ,the gave more and understandable information to people who are affected.
Pros
Non free lunches
Cons
Minimum hours
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Public Health Associate (Former Employee) –  MimaropaMarch 16, 2018
Basic public health duties in the community. 8 hours of duty, visits some area in the community especially those who lived in geographically isolated areas.
Pros
Free food, accomodation etc when on travel.
Cons
Contractual
Field and Office work
TB NURSE (Current Employee) –  taclobanMarch 13, 2018
As a TB nurse, we deal mostly with indigent TB patients. Working with DOH is challenging but at the same time, you will learn how ton deal with people from different walks in life. The management listens to what the employees has to say.
Salary / Benefits
Public service at its best.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  BAGUIO CITY PHILIPPINESMarch 9, 2018
Working with DOH-CAR is such a dream fulfillment. Serving, reaching and interacting with different people including indigenous people is a pleasure!!!
Salary / Benefits
An arena to learn and serve people with dedication and compassion.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuguegarao City, CagayanMarch 2, 2018
Department of Health had helped me to become a better person profesionally and personally. They given me a chance to learn by providing experience and knowledge needed in my field.
Pros
Fun to work with. Free training and seminars.
Cons
Long hours of work and no job security.
Meaningful job
Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Zamboanga SibugayFebruary 15, 2018
The job itself is meaningful. You not only have to help people but also touches the life of others. Mostly people really appreciate the rhings you do for them especially as a nurse.
Pros
High salary but no security in tenure.
Cons
Delayed salary
Salary / Benefits
This job was broaden my knowledge and made me globally competetive.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San FernandoFebruary 11, 2018
Community based work.In this field,Immersing yourself to the people around you is very important especially to those you served or what you call your patients the community because it will help you a lot in creating great opportunity to reach out with them, address their priority needs and give you more knowledge on their current situation specifically their health concern, like those high risk pregnant mothers, undernourished children and other needy people in the community. I learned to be more patient.Giving health teachings to all mothers about Hygiene, Vitamin A supplementation and vaccines because I know that health teachings can improve their health, broaden their knowledge and changes their behavior and outlook in life.
Salary / Benefits
always do your best on your job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityFebruary 8, 2018
every work has its challenge..we just need to do our best in our work focus in every thing we do in our job and in our life..always do a good turn daily..
Salary / Benefits
Productive and engaging in different activities
Nurse (Former Employee) –  BulacanJanuary 31, 2018
Different roles are portrayed in the community settings and getting to know the community itsels as we engaged in different activities. Act as advocate for the people in the comminity
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with a lot of patients you can serve
RHMPP (Rural Health Midwife Placement Program (Former Employee) –  La UnionJanuary 17, 2018
My experience as a Community Health Midwife at DOH for almost 3 years is so productive and fun. I work for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Our main responsibility is to monitor pregant and post partum mothers. We conduct regular monthly check up for pregnant as schedule at our different catchment areas or baranggays. I also assist my partner or our permanent midwife during monthly immunization on children from ages 0-13 mos. old and I also assist in NHTS check up every month. I assist and admit patients at the RHU as our daily routine task, carry out doctors order, health teaching on patients about proper hygiene and simple ways of preventing infection and importance of sanitation. The hardest part in my job is those patients who never hear your advices for them, most especially those high risk pregnant mothers and hypetensive patients, anyways as yje saying goes, "You cannot please everybody". I respect their culture and traditions in a nice a way that they may not be offended. I had so much more unforgettable memories working with the community, it makes me feel wonderful if my patient thanked me for my advices for them and it makes me happy that they are satisfied with my care.
Pros
PhilHealth Beneficiary
Cons
No overtime pay, No bonus
Challenging
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  CaragaJanuary 17, 2018
Challenging in some way, the salary is good, blood and sweat is the foundations once in the community health nursing area. It is more on paper works rather than focusing more on the delivery on healthcare services.
Pros
Enhanced Public Relation and Self-esteem
Cons
Paperworks
Salary / Benefits
Compensation was very good and work description was well followed but no job security.
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  MARAMAG, BUKIDNONJanuary 14, 2018
Since our work is under a project (nurse deployment project with a contract of 6 months only, there is no job security and I have to find a stable job.
Very fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 6, 2018
This is my first job and I am really thankful for all the learning that i have acquired in this company. So much good things innate in me such as having a harmonious relationship with my co employee.
Pros
free seminars and team building
Salary / Benefits
Fun, Productive and competitive workplace.
Public Health Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  MandaluyongJanuary 4, 2018
The Department of Health National Capital Region gave me the opportunity to work in a workplace that develops and uplifts my professional skills. The institution also had a competitive and productive environment that helps me develop as a professional. However the position that I have as of now is only a job order, I have no benefits received and have no assurance for my career path.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
No benefits, No leave, No assurance, No backpay
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City,December 28, 2017
A complex and fast phasing institution. I learned to be flexible and compromise in order to finish the assigned job. I enjoyed meeting and interacting with different people of different walks of life. The fulfillment of helping people in the locality in advocating the different health care programs is such an acheivement. Seeing their lives change because of the program because of the free services and medicines for all the Filipino people.
Pros
Free accomodation, food and venue of activity
Cons
Lots of paperworks
Salary / Benefits
Nice department but contractualization is not stable job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Iloilo City, Probinsya sang IloiloDecember 27, 2017
Over all excellent department in government.i loearned how how community nursing works. I met people in different programs of health and its just amazing for i nicely establish relationship with them.
productive and fun workplace
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iloilo CityDecember 7, 2017
it was a two unit of workplace hospital and rural health. we focusing with maternal and child health care delivery by empowering their health care system.management provides guidelines needed for. culture is not a problem cause we understand each other.the hardest part of a job maybe none cause mostly our patient is cooperative.the enjoyable part was in the rural health unit because it was not toxic unlike the hospital duty.