Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 1,817 reviews matching the search See all 13,123 reviews
Nice account
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CebuJanuary 19, 2019
My account was nice. I love answering questions about the patient's benefits and eligibility. It was a nice experience. And they also offer promotion.
Professional and realistic environment for a BPO Company
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 16, 2019
I was assigned mostly in the Recruitment part of the company as an Intern and I observed that the process they have for sorting applicants is organized and productive. I also learned the reality that not all applicants will be fit to fulfill the duties of the position they have applied. Overall for a human resource intern, Convergys provided me with knowledge and experience necessary for me to grasp the essence of what working in an industrial setting would be like.
Comfortable workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  AlabangJanuary 9, 2019
Human Resource Department is nice. The HR officers are generous and so fun to be with. They do work smoothly. I am looking forward on working with them soon.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long Hours
fun
Talent Acquisition Team Intern (Former Employee) –  BaguioJanuary 7, 2019
learned a lot. learned how to conduct and score tests such as versant kenexa and type tech. learned how to pre screen applicants and obserbved interviews.
Fine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cebu CityJanuary 1, 2019
Management is not as good as the other companies, not enough growth distributions and a lot of power trips wherein people with higher positions take advantage of the subordinates.
Pros
Canteens every floor
Cons
Terrible management
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ManilaDecember 21, 2018
I'm very happy with this company and this is my first home (First job)
This is my learning curve. This is the company that I will recommend to all of my friends.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
n/a
Good working environment
Customer Service Associate/ Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baguio City, BenguetDecember 20, 2018
This job allows you to discover the things that you thought you never had in you. You'll discover that you can step out of your comfort zone and be exposed to different cultures and nationalities every single day. Everyone in the office encourage you to perform to the best of your potential. The only thing that's quite difficult is your graveyard shift and it is quite expensive when you commute daily. Regardless, when you are in the office and the customer acknowledged your efforts and was satisfied, you'll be commended by your bosses and even give you a token of appreciation.
Pros
Free lunch on certain events, free coffee, and the bosses and workmates encourage you to perform
Cons
graveyard shift
Salary / Benefits
Fun and not so stressful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabangDecember 18, 2018
The environment was good. Coworkers, OMs, TLs, and SOMs are all approacheable. They are willing to assist you if needed and they train you to be able to stand on your own. Over all, it was very nice.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and difficult job but worth it
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baguio City, BenguetDecember 17, 2018
You need to assist customers with their issues.
Report to your Team Leader about your takeaway each day.
Learned to be a critical thinker on how to resolve the issue of the customer and take an extra mile when its needed or not.
Hardest part of the job is when it's queuing and you need to document what you had done on that call.
Most enjoyable part is when you have good time with customers and they are very satisfied with the service you provided.
Pros
No delays for salary
Salary / Benefits
Good work experience, fair salary and promotes good working experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Davao CityDecember 13, 2018
Superb and just fairly fine, if only my salary will increase i will definitely stay, this company promotes good work experience and allow people to grow according to their skill and capabilities.
The company is productive
Account Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Makati CityDecember 11, 2018
I can sustain my family needs. But we are having hard time with our vacation leave to be approve. The supervisors are bias. The company is classy. Lots of incentives and benefits. Its just that I need to work at home because of my kids.
Pros
Overtime Incentives
Cons
Leave Approval
Life over salary
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  PasayDecember 11, 2018
I'm being paid well but the practices inside a call center industry are exhausting. It needs more free time and freedom inside the industry or the people inside will always leave.
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityDecember 9, 2018
Great way to have more knowledge about the real world, reviewing all the changes for our sales and daily checking our retailers stocks and status and answering all of the consumers concerns.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No Cons
Friendly Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, CebuDecember 9, 2018
Convergys is a good comapany to start and a good employer to have they will support you and the company seems helpful to their employees, Convergys is the first unforgettable company i have.
Pros
Free sleeping area
Cons
Short breaks
Salary / Benefits
not a very promising company
CSR/TSR (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, CebuDecember 9, 2018
the account that i was under is great. it's just that, the management, for me, just don't know how to handle their agents (especially the tenured ones). some of us were treated like we can not be appointed as the new SMEs (even temporarily). lack of work stations, yet they still continue to hire newbies.
Pros
hassle-free accounts
Cons
tenured agents neglected, work stations not working, close to none
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ManilaDecember 5, 2018
Friendly staff and environtment.
The recruitment here is super friendly , helpful and accomodating.
Training is very challenging and you will be push to be creative and give out the best in you, you will learn to be competitive to pass the training and the most wonderful part is the training graduation when everyone graduates because of teamwork you will feel more satisfied and so happy.

The environment of the workplace is easy, a lot of support you can approach, helpful supervisors and motivating you in a good way too.
Good working Experience
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Davao CityDecember 1, 2018
It was good to work in Convergys. I had good memories. Sadly I have to leave because I need to relocate. Now I'm looking for a home-based job that could help me earn enough while I'm with my family.
Objective and well-balanced review
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayala, MakatiNovember 30, 2018
*Busy but manageable
- it's a typical BPO company with a busy environment, but as long as everyone does their job properly and assist each other when they can, it's a breeze. With all routines, once memorized, it becomes easy over time.

*Handling and de-escalating innately (verbally) offensive and rude customers
- given our Filipino culture, most employees fold instantly when shouted and sworn at. Others learn how to fight back, which ends up with a reprimand. Learning the balance of hearing the complaint, assessing and resolving the issue, and knowing when to report it to higher management is a skill that one can hone when presented the right training and situation.

*Crab mentality and favoritism is rampant
- it is still quite sad that specially those in higher position abuse their privilege when it comes to favoring certain employees due to personal interests rather than work performance. This often result into providing favors and benefits unfit for those favored and unfair for those who aren't. Office politics is inevitable. However, work ethics is a must. Understandably, not everyone is like that. Some managers, team leaders, and support members are kind and fair. Sadly, they are overshadowed by those who are not.

*Kind workmates are seldom
- when the work itself is toxic (e.g. poor management, rude customers, etc.), you greatly appreciate your co-workers who are innately good. It is hard to see co-workers who do not fall in the trap of office politics and favoritism. More often than not, they are the ones ostracized in the office since they are branded as
  more... the spoilsport of the team or office. However, they are the kindest and least bothersome people to be with when work becomes hard to handle. When all of your co-workers become unkind, you lose the last will and joy you have to attend the workplace. Many, if not all, hope that more people will be kind in the next workplace.

This review is in no way an attack towards the organization. Some may appear too negative, but please do remember that the negatives most often than not overshadow the positives, especially when the negative points are overwhelming. Staying with the company was, over-all, a good experience. Any good memories are kept, along with people who were treated as family; but this review is also a way for the organization to improve more. Some employees stay for the high salary, but for others, they stay due to loyalty. Hopefully, more will do the latter.
Productive and tiring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityNovember 30, 2018
Everyday, 8 hours of your work will be taking phone calls wherein you'll be assisting different customer with regards to their services like phone, internet or tv service. You'll not just assisting them but assist them with empathy where you're putting yourself in their shoes.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Night shift
Fun working place.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, CebuNovember 28, 2018
Pros
Friendly Environment
HRs are easy to approach.
Trainers are knowledgeable.
Incentive for employees.
Salary yearly increase.
Productive Team Managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K