CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION

CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION Employee Reviews for Human Resources Specialist

Human Resources Specialist2 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work
I supervised a group of 4 individuals at various educational and job knowledge and understanding levels. Management was always fair and extremely supportive and family oriented. The workplace consisted of individuals of various ages and culture groups that interacted in a professional manner. Everyone was respectful to each other and worked as a Team. The hardest part of any job is when and if employee conflict occurs or you have to enforce discipline. Though this happened it was a very low percentage of my time. The most enjoyable part was training and mentoring my staff, new and seasoned in order for them to grow and gather the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to grow and be able to attain promotions to higher levels. I feel this is a reflection on my mentoring and leadership skills together with the employee reaping the rewards of advancing.
Pros
Working for a department that values its employees
Cons
for me it was the commute but if that is the worst attribute then I was lucky
Salary / Benefits
Coming to the public sector after 20 years in the private sector was quite a culture shock, however extremely grateful for the numerous learning opportunities given to me. My experience grew with the wide range of issues we had to deal with.
Great people to work with, only frustrating part was dealing with the bureaucracy.

Trying to do a good job in a timely manner became difficult and stressful as more policies and guidelines were put in place.
Pros
great benefits and learning opportunities
Cons
Bureaucracy