CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION

CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION Employee Reviews

Community Evaluator Program
COMMUNITY EVALUATOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2019
Incredible work experience! Spent 3 days training with the Civil Service Commission, Columbus Police Department, and Columbus Firefire department. Participated in a ride-along for 8 hours with a Columbus Police Seargent. Evaluated all 2017 Police and Fire Fighter recruits. Spent 7 hours a day evaluating 100 candidates a day. Built relationships with members of CPD and CFD.
Pros
pace, training, long lunches, conversations
Cons
Sitting in a room with no windows for 7 hours a day.
Local City Government
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Repetitive work environment. Easy work, some Saturday morning and evening hours required to administer tests. Meetings once a month during evening hours.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  44 S Clinton Ave, Trenton, NJ 08625July 3, 2018
I supervised a group of 4 individuals at various educational and job knowledge and understanding levels. Management was always fair and extremely supportive and family oriented. The workplace consisted of individuals of various ages and culture groups that interacted in a professional manner. Everyone was respectful to each other and worked as a Team. The hardest part of any job is when and if employee conflict occurs or you have to enforce discipline. Though this happened it was a very low percentage of my time. The most enjoyable part was training and mentoring my staff, new and seasoned in order for them to grow and gather the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to grow and be able to attain promotions to higher levels. I feel this is a reflection on my mentoring and leadership skills together with the employee reaping the rewards of advancing.
Pros
Working for a department that values its employees
Cons
for me it was the commute but if that is the worst attribute then I was lucky
HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 20, 2018
Coming to the public sector after 20 years in the private sector was quite a culture shock, however extremely grateful for the numerous learning opportunities given to me. My experience grew with the wide range of issues we had to deal with.
Great people to work with, only frustrating part was dealing with the bureaucracy.
Trying to do a good job in a timely manner became difficult and stressful as more policies and guidelines were put in place.
Pros
great benefits and learning opportunities
Cons
Bureaucracy
Very positive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 9, 2014
I very much enjoyed my time at this job. It was laid back and relaxed while still being able to get work done. My coworkers were amazing, I didn't find anything hard about this job. I enjoyed every moment at this office.