Asian Development Bank Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
increase knowledge and understand other culture
Facilities Planning and Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manila,PhilippinesFebruary 28, 2018
We are on shift basis, in charge of building equipment operation and maintenance. We manages our subcontractors for equipment, building and grounds including housekeeping. We prepare contract agreements, budgets, evaluation, materials and monitoring of projects.
Most of the time I am directly involved in repair and trouble shooting due to my previous exposure in power generating stations. Prepare budget for operation and maintenance and request materials and spare parts. Ive learned to be a leader not a boss and more innovative due to urgency of equipment operation. Patience and hardwork is also very essential as I applied effectively in my daily routine.
Pros
subsidies lunch
Cons
healthcare
Salary / Benefits
Great opportunities to contribute to Asian development and poverty reduction
Deputy Director General (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 19, 2018
ADB is a large institution (about 3,000 employees including country offices), with a multicultural environment reflecting ADB's country membership. As compared to other international development agencies, ADB is relatively light in bureaucracy, and has a work culture characterized by team work and cooperation. Staff who demonstrate dedication, technical competence, and strong team work can look forward to increasing professional responsibility. Opportunities for career advancement are generally excellent, but will require flexibility in adapting to the organization's evolving operational priorities and skills-mix needs. The Metro Manila area suffers from the ills of Asia's mega cities (traffic, pollution), but the city also provides world-class opportunities for housing, education, and recreation.
What I learned in ADB
Layout Artist (Former Employee) –  Ortigas PasigFebruary 2, 2018
What I learned in this company was how to become more professional, especially when dealing with clients, and I learned more on digital graphics. I have worked with the authors, mostly Economist, with their book and reports.
Salary / Benefits
Great exposure to different countries and cultures
Senior Financial Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  ManilaJanuary 13, 2018
ADB is a huge institution with over 8000 people in the Headquarters at any given time. Its a great learning experience , with a portfolio of loans across Asia and the Pacific across all core public sectors, energy, urban development, social sectors. You work at any point in time with a team which has members from all over the world. This was one of the best things about working for ADB. The diversity.
Pros
Well stocked cafeteria and excellent building
Cons
bureaucracy and time consuming administrative processes
Wide opportunities, needs exploring
Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mandaluyong City, PhilippinesJanuary 10, 2018
ADB offers wide opportunities for career growth, job satisfaction, and leadership skills, if you know how to position yourself. Look for these opportunities from managers who are willing to cultivate the careers of their staff
Pros
Subsidised and delicious cafeteria food, good work-life balance
Salary / Benefits
Developing and establishing your skills
o IT Asset Management Admin - Desktop Engineering (Current Employee) –  6 ADB Ave, Mandaluyong, PhilippinesNovember 7, 2017
- A good training ground for those who are new in working industry
- Some of your colleagues will help you in developing your skills-
- Also you will encounter lots of irate users and different approach.
Pros
Free Training for certifications
Cons
Salary
Excellent employer
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesOctober 1, 2017
Excellent institution! Definitely highly recommended. Operates on a milticultural environment. Great career exposure. Wholistic approach. Work-life balance.
Pros
Multicultural environment
Salary / Benefits
Fun workplace and workmates, good facility and security.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ortigas PasigJune 22, 2017
Great Security, great people and facility. Great accomodations. I treated many patients inside their medical center, usually upper and lower back problems because of prolonged sitting and standing while working. I hope I helped them relieve the pain so that they could work for more hours.
Salary / Benefits
This company aimed to help the world with different cultures and purpose
Facilitator/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  ManilaMay 16, 2017
Working in this kind of environment can made you a persons with beliefs, can mold your personality from mentally, physically, emotionally and espiritually.
Stagnant Stifling Archaic
Not Disclosed (Former Employee) –  ManilaDecember 11, 2016
The culture in this organization seems to be "keep your head down and wait for retirement". Accenture won't even talk to this company because of all the times they couldn't get something worthwhile started.

It is VERY difficult to improve anything.

The processes are 1980's the technology is 1990's.

Employment is semi-permanent and promotions are into openings that are often in a completely different field.

This leads to line staff that will not move forward and management that doesn't know what's going on and relies on the line staff.
Pros
No Taxes
The most relax bank
Accountant (Former Employee) –  ManilaDecember 2, 2016
My favorite company that i have work for, and working with different employees from all over the world, ADB is an affiliate of World Bank, the employees are treated really well.
Salary / Benefits
Needs better treatment for contractors
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  ManilaMay 7, 2016
Upper management should need to look closer to the concern and welfare of contractors in infotech services. Treatment to contractors should also be a concern. Compensation progression should also be considered.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Not ideal treatment for contractors
Salary / Benefits
The work place is great to work on it including the people, employees itself.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasig City, PhilippinesJanuary 26, 2016
Performs a full range of secretarial duties for three to four International Staff. Coordinates administrative activities for the assigned units.
Work Life Balance Champion
Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manila, P00October 12, 2015
Its one of the best employer in this world as it offers a lot to their employees. ADB is a dream place to work for expats as the benefits is uncomparable.
Pros
Work Life Balance Champion
Cons
Management has favoritism
Best employer
Sr. Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ortigas, P00September 18, 2015
ADB is the best company I have ever worked for. It offers the best compensation package, fringe benefits, insurance and retirement plans.
Pros
Free training in all aspects of work
Perfect employer
Project Analyst | Associate Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesAugust 30, 2015
Excellent finance institution - advanced technology, well compensated employees, lots of areas to learn about in international development.
The compensation are good
Financial Expert- Grant Management Unit (Current Employee) –  Mandaluyong, P00July 10, 2015
I learned so many things in my previous jobs. From the technical knowledge I shared and my relationship with the client.
Pros
Tax free
Cons
not good managers
A dream job
International Civil Servant (Current Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJuly 1, 2015
Working for Asian Development Bank is a dream job because of its core goal, which is to reduce poverty in Asia and alleviate the lives of those in poverty.
Pros
Multi-cultural environment
Cons
Multi-cultural environment
Salary / Benefits
Fun workplace with different indoor activities and good facilities.
Access Control Officer (Current Employee) –  No. 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong, PhilippinesApril 3, 2015
My job seems to be a usual routine. Entertain a visitor and do the paper works after. In this type of job, I got familiar with the different attributes of each race. Everything is fine but risky. The people I work with give the impression as my siblings, we work differently but ends together as one. As an Access Control Officer, the hardest part of it yet enjoyable is making clients calm especially when they appear out of their cool minds.
Pros
Our meal breaks are paid.
Cons
We don't have vacation leave and sick leave. If you are absent, you get no pay.
Salary / Benefits
Great organisation to work for.
Associate Treasury Officer (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJune 12, 2014
Working at ADB means not only working for the organisation alone but most importantly for the countries that it supports in various ways.