AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 3,814 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Challenging but not well compensated
Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  TaguigJune 27, 2018
I believe that the management is taking the staffs for granted, as if they just come and go, if somebody quits replace him immediately. No career growth at all, promotions were not discussed.

The annual performance evaluation is a big joke, as a global company procedure, employees must set goals and check the accomplishment of these goals after a year with their manager. But in the actual you just do it in your own. The managers never talk to their staff about their performance, the expectations from them and their expectations with the company. The one on one conversation between the manager and tge employee during the evaluation period is obviously skipped for convenience. The only chance you can talk to them is during your exit interview.

Last appraisal everyone gets the same increase. It does not matter if you perform well or not, you will just get the same, it discourages good performance. Last year there are talks about bonuses, obviously this is just to discourage resignations which is imminent that time. The bonus never happened and now forgotten.

The company focuses on winning projects, not on the delivery of the project. The QA system focuses on the financials of the project, not really on the quality of work delivered and standardization of procedures. No standard procedures at all.

Another thing is the parity with staff. Project based staff are clueless of what they should do to be regularized. New staff are hired with fixed term contract while there are still older staff who longs to have the same type of contract; at least just to get the same benefits
  more... as a regular staff. That is unfair with them. Everyone is concerned with their job security. A lot of staff are still on a project based employment despite years of good service. It is now a common practice for the management to hire contractual employees to protect themselves.

The best employees stay if they are involved, rewarded, recognized and promoted. Work in AECOM is challenging but after a challenge you just get another challenge, nothing in return for your hard work. I feel that I am just punished with additional job because of my good performance.
Pros
Good office, big projects
Cons
Overworked, underpaid and staff accomplishments are ignored
Unsecured company
IC at AECOM (Former Employee) –  ManilaDecember 25, 2017
Will promise you everything you demand but after signing the job offer will not work on your agreed negotiation.
Unsecured company, management doesn't care about their foot soldiers.

a big NO NO for me.
Productive and Enjoy
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Makati CitySeptember 21, 2017
A typical day would be to set task daily - the ones that are urgent and needs attention to those that can be done within the workweek: I learned to be a team player and to work with anyone in the company. I have also learned to manage my time to maximize results in a day.Management - Every workplace has its own values and mission that a top level management needs to achieve.A workplace culture must be respectable, promotes a culture of honesty, integrity and working together.Hardest part of a job - Being part of a company wherein an employee is not appreciated even in moments when work-life balance is sometimes compromised.The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet interesting people, and to learn from them.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Flexible time
Salary / Benefits
always busy and i feel comfortable everytime
F & A Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taguig cityJuly 25, 2017
i really like in here but the problem is my contract is temporary only. im so happy to stay here but the decision is not mine,,they just hire me because i have to help them to update all the files in finance dept..
Fun workplace
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Taguig, PhilippinesJuly 15, 2017
It's an 8hr work. A lot of things you will learn in AECOM especially in your profession. The workplace is okay and the colleagues. The hardest part of the job is when you have a lot of jobs to do but you are not well compensated. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company involved you in a different kind of project. And gave you a chance to enhance your knowledge.
Salary / Benefits
Great company for experienced professionals who want to create impresive resume
Landscape Architect (Former Employee) –  Fort BonifacioMay 10, 2017
- Opportunities for handling large-scale projects
- Impactful brand name
- Desirable career growth and skills development
- Experience working with foreigner counterparts
Salary / Benefits
Fun to work with my colleagues and productive in working hours
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  philippinesJune 23, 2016
Working at AECOM was may dream, my co-workers and other employees are easy to approach, I learned a lot in this company while having fun.
Cons
8 Hours
Salary / Benefits
AECOM is a good training ground and if you are willing to learn, there are a lot of things to learn but time with family would really suffer.
Country Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Global City, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig CityJune 19, 2016
No day is typical at work. There will always be emergencies, a fire to fight, a deadline to build, a night build up of email messages and ever mounting list of to dos. I realized that for as long as you manage your time properly and keep your objective and do them in between emergencies, no task could not be accomplished.
Pros
Very challenging tasks that keep my mental faculty at peak level
Cons
Lack of worklife balance
fun workplace
Observer (Former Employee) –  PHMay 14, 2016
The AECOM is the best company in the Philippines, there atmosphere are good, and the co-workers are very friendly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when we have team building.
Salary / Benefits
Fun Workplace and a friendly environment
Cad Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bonifacio Global City, Taguig CityOctober 20, 2015
Fun Workplace and friendly environment where they share their knowledge in a particular thing you want to know. They provide seminars and training's specially online.
Pros
Annual Medical Checkup
Productive overworked team
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 16, 2013
* 14 hour days over 4 years due to under resourcing
* about the Korean and Philippine psyche
* I managed a dedicated team of 14 working on a 7 day 24 hour basis for the majority of the project
* dedicated, hardworking, resourceful and under rewarded
* churning through the daily mountain of paperwork
* the people
Pros
good team, high salary, business class flights