South Star Drug Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  pampanga, philippines26 October, 2016
What i am now, South Star drug is part of it. it is my first workplace and i learn and enjoy a lot.I experience dealing with different type of people that makes me challenge to explore more.
good communication
store head (Former Employee) –  catbalogan city17 October, 2016
i am very happy at south star but not good in salary for my family need, i learned a lot of my co-workers because they are very nice at good to me, and they are very responsible, and i enjoyed must being a good leader to them.
Pros
break time for 3 ours
Cons
long break
conducive work place
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  alonzo st cor aruego st poblacion urdaneta city15 September, 2016
i started working at south star drug as pharmacist assistant/merchandiser, then i pass the 6 months probitionary periods, then promoted to senior merchandiser job level 2,then promoted to stock analyst and functions as 3rd in commands, until they promoted me as store head of the branch.
Pros
free fare and lunch when attending a meetings, with 350 consumable allowance, maxicare card
Cons
long hour breaks
fun and hard
cash clerk (Current Employee) –  Naga City, Camarines Sur10 July, 2016
everyday money and medicine will handle, be careful and triple check the medicine that you dispense.our vision to become the drug store of choice in service, trust and accessibility and responsibility.In management very strictly to the rules and regulation in my co-workers its fun and enjoy but on time of duty we are seriously to communicate and serve.The hardest of the job being cash clerk and take in charge of the store and vault.
fun workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nueva Ecija23 June, 2016
i enjoyed working there and as a registered nurse, i learned a lot because of the nature of work. the management was not that good but it's okay, my co-workers are reliable and i have a good time working with them, the hardest part of the job was when products were missing, us co-workers are paying for it and no benefits at all. i enjoyed the job because like i said earlier i learn a lot.
Cons
long hours and you pay what were missing
Productive workplace.
Store in Charge (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, Cebu12 June, 2016
Challenging but I do think that I am not well compensated that is why I decided to leave the company. The most enjoyable part is working alongside my colleagues and learning with them.
Salary / Benefits
Make your self busy even though there no customer
Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Subic26 May, 2016
-Facing always the customer
-Ive learned to be more a good leader
-My co-workers we like to bond each other were there like friends to me
-The hardest part of my job when you gonna straight at duty because at duty because you have no choice because of lack of manpower
-The most enjoyable is you learned more and being friends with co-employee
Cons
LONG HOURS
Salary / Benefits
The deductions are higher than the net pay.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bulacan13 April, 2016
I enjoy serving the community by giving the medicines they need. I learned a lot of things about medicines in this company. The management is not good enough in giving priority to their employees.
Pros
CREDITED PURCHASES
Cons
NO OVERTIME
fun workplace
pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Fuente Osmeña st., Cebu City, Philippines16 February, 2016
a typical day at work is very busy, we attend to many customer needs and everyday is learning experience. The management gives their support as much as they can since our head office is Manila base. My co-workers are so much fun to be with they always have a happy disposition at work in spite of all the struggles in life. the hardest part of the job is traveling 20 kilometers to check on another branch. the most satisfying part of my job is knowing that i was able to help/assist people with their needs and the reaction they give when you give an extra mile.
Pros
anniversary bonuses
Cons
traveling long hours
Patience
Stock Clerk / Pharma Assistant (Current Employee) –  ROBINSONS NOVA QC23 December, 2015
Learn to be keen into details especially I am in-charge in stocks & sales report.

Learn to be adaptable to different kind of people,
Salary / Benefits
Good workplace and co-employees.
Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier/Stock Analyst (Former Employee) –  Daet Camarines Norte Philippines20 August, 2015
It helps me build and learn different work perspective,giving some idea for positive outcome.Very nice co-employees,with respect and obey company rules.
Pros
Free transportation
Cons
open for 6am till 10pm
productive.
Pharmacy Assistant/General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pasig, P006 August, 2015
all the employees of south star in my branch including our manger is we have a good bonding and communication in one another, helping and supporting each other.
Pros
the employees is fun to work with
Cons
long hour of works and overtime without pay
challeging
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Angeles, P037 June, 2015
South Star Drug has help me developed my skills in Patient Counseling and Lengthen my patience to deal with any person. also through their training I've more skills more than my profession.
Pros
meal allowance
Salary / Benefits
Through this job I learned a lot, be more productive.
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angeles, P038 May, 2015
I learned more through this job specially with the medical world. More sociable.More objective, comprehensive and realistic. Exceed the expectations, objectives and standards they set.
benefits
Cons
minimum hours
Salary / Benefits
based on my previous job I am flexible in everything
Assistant Pharmacist/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  tarlac25 February, 2015
My daily routine in my previous work is that I will served the customers with my best service, because our customers are the important in our job. I'"ve learned on my previous job is that I can make the work easy.
Cons
10 hours is my longest time in working
Salary / Benefits
its fun working with meeting different kind of people giving the quality service
sales clerk (Former Employee) –  manila philippines21 April, 2013
-i spend lot time on my feet..8hours standing.
-I have made an effort to develop my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I have matured as an individual and my experience of working with others – both colleagues and customers – has contributed a lot to my interpersonal skills. I am also better able to see the bigger picture and how my role relates to the overall goals of the organisation. Having built up a broad range of experience, I am now much more productive in my role – and much better equipped to handle unusual or difficult situations. In terms of training, I have learned a range of new IT skills, including Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Access.
-kind and respectful,takes my place when im not around for some important reasons
-when others dont cooperate with the proper schedule
-meeting different kind of people that you may encounter in the store
Salary / Benefits
fun workplace and very productive
pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  quezon city, philippines20 August, 2012
Our company has a standard policies.Nice place to work because of my friendly co-workers.The hardest part of working in that company is that sometimes you have to extend the hours of work because of lack of man power and theres no overtime pay. And the most enjoyable part was working with nice people around you.
Pros
seminars, trainings, and incentive
Cons
lack of benefits
sales operation
pharmacy assistant/ cash clerk (Former Employee) –  legazpi city-philippines18 July, 2012
since ive been hired as a pharmacy assistant i learned how to value and manage the time, to give extra patience to the customer and render good customer service..and from the time iv been promoted as a cash clerk double time is needed..besides in my previous company you can do multi tasking..you can be a merchandizer, a stock analyst a store manager if she not around a janitor because everyone in the sales operation is responsible for the cleanliness in the store.
Pros
incentives
Cons
no day off