Microchip Technology Employee Reviews

Over-all
Failure Analysis Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Calamba, LagunaJuly 13, 2017
Working at Microchip (MPhil) Laguna is a good experience for the newbies on the electronics field. I have learned and gained a lot of knowledge and skills working at this company. There's a lot of opportunities for you to grow thru training and case challenges. Working here will make you a world-class performer. It is a good venue as your stepping stone. Also, the environment in this company is very good. Employees there are open-minded, fun to be with and competent as well.
Pros
Good stepping stone
Cons
Poor salary and benefits
Job Secured and Longevity
Technician I (Current Employee) –  Canlubang, LagunaJuly 8, 2017
- A typical day of work everyday here is very challenging.
- More learning on skills and good harmony on co-employees
- Management doing their best for everyone.
- Workplace culture is good as how people interacts
- Hardest part of the job here is you are about to quit on doing it
- Most enjoyable part of the here is to collaborate on all groups within.
Pros
Shuttle Service, Meal allowance, 14th month pay, profit sharing, retention program, HMO and insurance
Cons
Long Hours
normal
Associates Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Canlubang, LagunaMarch 18, 2017
the management is good but my salary is not enough for my family.
with co-workers I had no problem. easy to get along with.
I learned in this company to associate with people.The most difficult work I'm so pressured, but I can handled..
Pros
free meal
Cons
salary
Salary / Benefits
fun and you can learn many things
Equipment Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Canlubang, LagunaMarch 6, 2017
Good policies and procedures, lenient with annual leave and very understanding management with sound resources.
Great oppurtunities to learn from leaders in the field and the ability to work in different service lines. It also offers endless training sessions to build on all ...
Pros
good benefits
Cons
6 days in a week of working schedule
Fun place
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canlubang, Calamba CIty, LagunaFebruary 26, 2017
Good place to work at :)
I learnt from each boss I had..
Colleagues are fun to be with.
Look forward to have retirement benefits though :)
Microchip
Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Canlubang, LagunaJanuary 12, 2017
work is good everyday, but the salary is not enough to build a family, i have learned too many things in this company, i've learned how to communicate with other people, make friends, management is also ok, my co-workers is ok and happy to be with, my hardest part of my job is pressured but i can manage, most enjoyable of the job is everyday i learn new knowledge.
Microchip
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  LagunaJanuary 11, 2017
-the management is good but my salary is not enough for my family.
with co-workers I had no problem. easy to get along with.
Productive and fun workplace
Reliability Test Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Calamba CityNovember 25, 2016
It was really nice to have a working experience in Atmel. I learned a lot of new and interesting things and people are very friendly.
Slightly Good
Mfg. Equipment Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee) –  CanlubangNovember 16, 2016
Currently, I'am enjoying my work here but I need to look forward to support my family financially. I've learned a lot of things here especially to my job thru enhancing my electronics and electrical knowledge including arduino programming. I cannot say about the new management because we're a newly acquired company. My co-workers are friendly and helpful at all times. I cannot say the hardest part of my job like what I've said to my co-workers. Once there was an achievement done and new knowledge acquired to me well I said it's the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free Launch
Cons
Long Hours
Salary / Benefits
Quality focused workplace that value its employees
Test Hardware CAD Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesJanuary 4, 2016
Typical day at the office is mostly spent working on the project, responding to emails, attending meetings and project review.

During my tenure I have learned to take full responsibility of a project from start to finish, giving importance to quality and making it work right the first time.

People at work are very friendly and professional. Always willing to help and train their people but is very strict when it comes to deadlines.

Every project has its own challenge but I think the usual challenge is setting up a meeting with all the people involved in different time zones.

Having the project delivered on time and working is the most enjoyable part of the job plus the association with my co-workers during break time as well as on team building activities makes a the perfect work-life-balanced environment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedules
Cons
Over-time without pay
One of the Top 10 Semiconductors Companies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muntinlupa, P00January 14, 2014
Microchip Tech Inc is a US based company where the main office is located in Chandler Arizona. It usually engages with different types electronics customers worldwide.

I love working to the company as customer service representative and no pressure at job. You have flexible time and i enjoyed my time with my co workers like sharing ideas and best support to the customers.
Pros
Travel other countries
Cons
more task given yearly
Being as a Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Muntinlupa, P00September 26, 2012
I work in shifting schedule. While working on this company i acquired a lots of knowledge.I've learned how to work sufficiently and effectively. The management is not quite good for me because we released more implementation like ''do not exceed 3 absences per quarter''. The hardest part of my job is to work in night shift. I cannot complete the 8 hours sleep.
The most enjoyable part of my job is no rush time. You can finish your task without the hassle way.
Pros
health club allowance
Cons
no sick leave pay